Loving my Lips! Gloss'em Up Baby!! Juvaderm Junkie Now - Birmingham, AL

I'm 48 years, never had full pretty lips- but as i...

I'm 48 years, never had full pretty lips- but as i age- they have gotten progressively thinner. Yuk! i had gotten to the place I refused to wear any lip gloss :( ! now that'S a tragedy!!

Let me first, before I go on with my review, let you know I am a red head who tends to bruise and bleed easily. This being said, the first injection' s bruising would not be unusual for me to do. I get bruises from carrying grocery bags :)

My first Juvaderm (ultra, I think) injection was January of 2013. I got it to increase fullness in my lips. I didn't want the "lined" look. My Dr knew exactly what i was talking about, whew! I did get a dental block as it was offered. Once I had the block- I was numb. Boy, was I ever numb!!! Dr Schaffer injected the Juvaderm, and it was quite easy, I didn't feel and discomfort, I couldn't feel anything For hours for that matter :). I did start to immediately bruise and swell. I used ice, but before I got home I looked like I had been beat in the mouth :) the bruising stayed about 9 days total and was pretty slow to fade. You should have seen me explaining my bruised mouth at work!

I went shopping at Dillards 4 days post injection and the LancĂ´me lady drug me over to her counter to "help" lol. She even gave me a huge sample of concealer- ghah - THAT bad, huh?!? Lol. The swelling was mostly gone in just a few days- by the end of 11 days I totally loved my lips! Gloss it up baby! Gloss it up! And I did.

July 2013, much of my Juvaderm was gone, I still had some, but really didn't want to wait until it was completely gone before getting more. I talked with Dr S. and requested a second injection. I did ask him if he thought it was too soon (didn't want Lindsey Lohan lips!!) I showed him the after pictures from January (the cute ones) and he said that I was good to get more :) ya!!!

Several days prior to this appointment I started taking arnica 30x. I had used it with my TT surgery and it really helped with bruising. Was keeping my fingers crossed it would work on my lips too!!

This time I decided to try just the numbing cream instead of the block. My nurse, Penni painted me up but good. I looked a little like a rabid dog foaming at the mouth- quite sexy I must say! We waited about 15 minutes and I was nice and numb. Dr S. came to inject me- he kept talking and I felt the need to respond. That's the polite thing to do, right? I refrained as I had needles stuck in my lips with fillers flowing. Ya, I could see me moving my lips and making the fillers go in weird places, lol. Note to self: next time tell them not to talk about anything I may have an urge to reply an answer to :D

On about the numbing up- I did feel maybe more of the actual injection with he numbing cream. But honestly, I can't say which I thought was more uncomfortable, the dental block which smarted quite nicely. Or the injection with the topical applied. I think I like it better with the topical. For one thing, the "numbing" wore off quicker which was nice.

As soon as the injection was completed I popped 3 more Arnica under my tongue and Bromelain. I would do it again before bed.
Ice was applied- on 20 minutes off 30. Hmmm, very little swelling and only a teeny bruise on my bottom lip!! Nice.

Later that night, I still did not have any more bruising and minimal swelling!!!! Arnica is my hero!!!

It felt weird to drink from a cup or straw for several days, almost like I couldn't get me lips in the right place, was so afraid I'd drool! Also when I spoke, it felt like I wasn't forming my words correctly the initial days. After the initial says, I was back to my ole expressive self :)

7 days post injection, my lips were nice, fuller and I was loving them!! Yep, glossed and ready to go! I love lip gloss, the glossier, shinier, sparklier- the better!! did I already tell you :) sigh....

Bottom line, I love Juvaderm! Am considering the lines around my mouth one day, maybe soon will let you know.

Was very worth the money to me. I will do it again. My sister loved my results so much, she got Juvaderm too :) awe, I'm a tread setter, a trail blazer, a leader of the pack... Ok, I'll stop now.

Laters...
Glossy lip D. ;)
Your lips look very nice and natural. I had restylane on my lips. They last more than 6 months. I like that you used arnica before the procedure and after. I will do that next time.
Thank you zooster!! Mine was not gone at 6 months, but I really wanted more. The first injection I got I probably needed more, but I wanted it to be subtle- so opted to get one syringe with the intentions to return prior to a year for my second. I will go prob once a year now that I have the shape and look I like. Arnica is wonderful! I will use it for all my injections from now on :) Bromelain help with swelling too. Thanks for the note and stopping by!
Girl your lips look awesome. I'm wanting to get the lines around my mouth done and my lips. Dr. Mancuso in Decatur is awesome to. He's working on my face right now. Next month I'm going to be trying Juvederm. He charges $500 each. I'm so excited. This 50 year old grandma is going to be ROCKYING IT. ags

Loving my lips!! 4 weeks post injection :)

It's been 4 weeks since my Juvaderm injection. I love my results!!

All the awkwardness of drinking and eating has diminished and my lips feel normal. They are fabulous (to me anyways) :)

My sister liked it so much she went last week and got Juvaderm and Botox. I really only tell my secrets to my sisters and RS :) lol If someone asks I won't lie, but mostly people just say I'm looking so great, wow you must be doing good. I just say you know, I am. Lol

My spa is having an open house in a few weeks, I'm considering getting the smile lines done. Not sure will ask my Drs opinion about it.

Laters,
D. :)
I think you look great! I wish I had the guys to do it, but I don't. I'm the biggest chicken in the world, sigh.
Thank you :) I was terrified the first time but after I seen the results was so happy!!! The others was a breeze. My dr uses a great numbing cream before the injection - makes a huge difference. I highly recommend using arnica 4-5 days before then the day of injection. Keeps brushing and swelling down. I like a more conservative look too. Little plump with out the "oh! you had filler :)" let me know if you do it and what you think. The end look will be about a week after btw :)
Wow, your results are awesome!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I've used Dr Schaffer for several procedures, including my amazing BL/BA, TT, Botox and have been completely satisfied with my experiences there. Actually satisfied is an understatement, I feel great about being me! He takes time to answer concerns, gives honest answers ( he will tell me quickly if my thoughts are not the best choice). I like that. His staff is great! I'm always treated like a friend from the reception and nurses, wait time is reasonalble. Dr Schaffer never appears rushed or trying to hurry out. Even though some of my questions may not be huge- he has always treated them as important. I love the beautiful facility and the spa has incredible specials from time to time! (Spagraystone.com) It's one of my favorite places :) I feel Dr Schaffer tries to make each person look their best. Thanks, Dr S., you rock!