Not Worth it with the Risks

Last week, I had Juvederm placed in under my eyes...

Last week, I had Juvederm placed in under my eyes in the tear trough region to get rid of my dark circles. The procedure itself was almost painless and took less then 10 minutes for both eyes. I only had a bit of swelling and no bruising after the procedure. However, a few days after, I discovered a hard nodule in my left cheek about the size of a quarter. some of the filler that was placed under my eyes was displaced lower in my face. I am less than happy with procedure and am looking into ways to get rid of the visible bump on my face, and regretting having done the procedure. Overall, I would not personally recommend it based on my experience.

It has been 8 months since I had the Juvaderm...

It has been 8 months since I had the Juvaderm injected under my eyes and i can still feel the lumpiness under each of my eyes(feels like pea sized lumps) and the lump in my left cheek is still palpable. The Juvaderm has also worsened complications with an existing edema problem in my face that I developed as a result of an upper jaw surgery. Although there was not a lot of substantial swelling in my face or under my eyes immediately following the procedure, within a few days I began to notice my face looking considerably more swollen, especially in the area around my mouth. I see a lympatic massage therapist every few months from performs lympathic massage treatments on me to help me manage with the edema and at the latest appointment, she told me that she could not remove the edema from my face!! She told me that she felt the Juvaderm was "blocking" the lymph nodes. I myself perform lympathic drainage at home and have noticed that ever since I had the juvaderm injections, the edema had bee extremely difficult to drain through massage whereas before it was effective at doing so. Also, the area underneath my tear troughts is the most swollen. This casts shadows to the under eye area making it look like I have dark circles when I am rested. Thus, the very reason that I went to get the Juvaderm injections for has been made worse by the Juvaderm!! On top of this my entire face is more swollen, and my entire way of dealing with my pre existing surgical edema has been made ineffective by the filler. I have been living with a very difficult situation for a few years from my surgical outcome and the last few months have been an even bigger nightmare for me with the additional complications from the filler.

The procedure I had done was not provided by the doctor with whom I consulted, but rather another member of his staff who is trained to do filler injections.

Hi, I'm sorry that you are having with Juavaderm!. I am still having issues with swelling under my eyes. It has been 10 months since my juvaderm and I wa shoping to wait it out and see if the situation would improve on it's own but it has not. I am currently planning on consulting with a cosmetic dermatologist to see if the filler (that is still plapable) can be removed with hyaluronidase, however, I worried about the potentially swelling of that procedure as well.

Hi analei,

Welcome to the Juvederm community. That's horrible it migrated to your cheek. I don't think other community members have mentioned that happening. Have you looked into Hyaluronidase to dissolve the lump? Are you going back to your original doctor or would you consider going to see someone else? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Hi Britt,
Thank you for replying. I have gone back to the original doctor, who claims that more juvederm was place on my left side due to the side being more shallow and that the low juvederm in my cheek is where the filler is "supposed to be". (The juvederm was place much higher when it was injected). The lady that I spoke to in question also told me not to be concerned because the lump "wasn't visible" on the outside of my face. I was taken aback by their response and felt uncomfortable voicing my concerns about this further. I am intending to speak to another professional about this issue and am going to look into Hylaronidase.

HI analei,

There response is not cool at all. I'm glad you are looking into the suggestions. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-Britt

I would like to know if you still have problems with juvederm under your eyes.

I did it 2 months ago and I'm a bit scared cause every morning I wake up with bags under my eyes. Thanks for your time!!