Contemplating rhinoplasty for my dorsal hump

Hi guys! I'm fairly new to this site but it's been...

Hi guys! I'm fairly new to this site but it's been so helpful so far! I thought I'd share my story so far with you all. I'm a 22 year old from Brisbane and I've been thinking about having rhinoplasty for the past three years or so. I'm happy with the way my nose looks front on (although not always happy with how it photographs!) but I do have a mild dorsal hump on the side and I feel like it gives me an ugly profile :( The major thing that's been holding me back from definitely pursuing rhinoplasty is that I do feel like I have a pretty face from front-on and I don't want to potentially mess that up to improve my profile. Facial surgery is a big deal! The other major consideration is the cost - this surgery isn't cheap, especially in Australia.

That being said, from front-on my nose sometimes does photograph weirdly. I have a very narrow bridge and you can see where the hump is at certain angles. This can look a bit harsh in photos with strong lighting, and this is another argument for me to have rhinoplasty done.

While researching rhino, I have absolutely fallen in love with the noses done by Dr Grigoryants in the US (both from photos on his website and from girls on here). I was wondering what your opinions were on getting rhino overseas. The cost (especially if things go wrong) and the long haul-flight are my major concerns. If anybody could let me know roughly how much their rhino with Dr Grigoryants cost, or what their experience was like as an overseas patient, that would be amazing!

The other doctor I was potentially considering is Dr Shahidi in Sydney, so if anybody could let me know how much their rhino with him cost/what their experience was like, that would be so appreciated. I'm uploading a ton of photos too so you can see what I'm talking about when I describe my nose!

Please

Consultation booked

Almost as soon as I wrote that initial post, I realized how overwhelming travelling to another country for surgery would be. So, I've ruled out going overseas for rhino. I've actually now booked a consultation with a doctor here in Brisbane for next Thursday, and I'm feeling really nervous about it but also excited. Will update on how it goes :)

More photos

Just added some more photos with some different views of my nose

Had my first consultation

I had my first consult on Thursday and it went really well! The doctor was really nice and knowledgeable, and everything that he pointed out on my nose were things that have bothered me as well, so it's great to know that we're on the same page. His office will be sending me through a quote in the next couple of days so fingers crossed that it's not outrageously expensive. I've decided that this is something that I reaaallyy want to do now.

He suggested that he repair some collapsed cartilage on my left side, raise the tip slightly, remove the hump and create more obvious definition between the columnella and the skin below my nose. I'm uploading a photo of the type of nose that we discussed me getting in my consult. It was just made on an online app so it's pretty rough, but if my nose turned out vaguely similar to this I'd be happy!

Photo from my consult

This is the profile photo that the doctor gave me to take home after my consult. You can really see how visible my nostrils are in profile, and how masculine the hump makes my nose appear. Yikes :(

Got my quote!

So I received my quote today. It'll cost me around $10 000, assuming that my insurance covers hospital admission and that I get a small rebate as outlined on the quote. This is definitely doable so I've booked a second consultation for the 19th of August :) Exciting times!

Playing around with apps