Contemplating rhinoplasty for my dorsal hump

Hi guys! I'm fairly new to this site but it's been...

Hi guys! I'm fairly new to this site but it's been so helpful so far! I thought I'd share my story so far with you all. I'm a 22 year old from Brisbane and I've been thinking about having rhinoplasty for the past three years or so. I'm happy with the way my nose looks front on (although not always happy with how it photographs!) but I do have a mild dorsal hump on the side and I feel like it gives me an ugly profile :( The major thing that's been holding me back from definitely pursuing rhinoplasty is that I do feel like I have a pretty face from front-on and I don't want to potentially mess that up to improve my profile. Facial surgery is a big deal! The other major consideration is the cost - this surgery isn't cheap, especially in Australia.

That being said, from front-on my nose sometimes does photograph weirdly. I have a very narrow bridge and you can see where the hump is at certain angles. This can look a bit harsh in photos with strong lighting, and this is another argument for me to have rhinoplasty done.

While researching rhino, I have absolutely fallen in love with the noses done by Dr Grigoryants in the US (both from photos on his website and from girls on here). I was wondering what your opinions were on getting rhino overseas. The cost (especially if things go wrong) and the long haul-flight are my major concerns. If anybody could let me know roughly how much their rhino with Dr Grigoryants cost, or what their experience was like as an overseas patient, that would be amazing!

The other doctor I was potentially considering is Dr Shahidi in Sydney, so if anybody could let me know how much their rhino with him cost/what their experience was like, that would be so appreciated. I'm uploading a ton of photos too so you can see what I'm talking about when I describe my nose!

Please

Consultation booked

Almost as soon as I wrote that initial post, I realized how overwhelming travelling to another country for surgery would be. So, I've ruled out going overseas for rhino. I've actually now booked a consultation with a doctor here in Brisbane for next Thursday, and I'm feeling really nervous about it but also excited. Will update on how it goes :)

More photos

Just added some more photos with some different views of my nose

Hey, I'm a Aussie girl who travelled overseas for Dr. G and it was totally worth the money and time. At the end of the day its your face and nose and you don't want ruin it. Good luck!!
Thanks for the input! So glad you were happy with your results :)
Thanks for starting your story here! I think staying closer to home is best if at all possible. That way you can get quick follow up care if necessary. Here's a list of questions to ask at consultations.

Please keep us posted on how this all goes for you!
Thanks for the advice and helpful link! I'll definitely keep updating here :)
I am about 4-5 weeks post op and all I can say is that it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. If you're super confident with your doctor it is really worth putting the money towards. Just my opinion having had it done :D
Thanks so much for the input! It's great to hear from happy rhino patients :) I'm really glad you love your result and I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly!
I'm traveling to Lebanon from Dubai for my rhinoplasty which is a 4-hour flight. However, the cost of rhinoplasties in the US and Lebanon is not really comparable. If you can find a good surgeon in OZ, then go for it. I also personally don't think that you need a drastic change and filing down the hump is not something that difficult to accomplish by a decent surgeon. On another note, your nose is similar to my mom's. :) Her nose has also got a very narrow bridge and a slight hump in the profile view. My opinion is that if your nose is bothering you to the point that you keep thinking about it often and scrutinising all your photos then go for it!
Hi TaraMay, thanks so much for the input! I can imagine that a 4-hour flight for rhinoplasty is probably much more realistic than the 12+ hour flight from Australia to the US :) I don't think I need a drastic change either, which is what's put me off doing this for so long - I'm worried that my nose will get messed up and look worse than before. But just like you said, it has been something that's bothered me for ages so I'm definitely leaning more towards doing it now than leaving my nose as it is. And I'm glad to know other people in the world have noses like me haha! Thanks again for the comment and I hope everything goes smoothly for your surgery! xx
I'm from aus too and every time I see a grigoryants nose I fall in love haha! But I would feel too overwhelmed travelling overseas to get any work done as well. Good luck with your first consultation next week, I also have my first consultation late next week :) Looking forward to following your journey!
Oh yay! So excited every time I come across another aussie on this site haha :) Thanks for the luck, hope your consultation goes really well too! Will be following your journey :) xx
Are you asking the public if you should get rhinoplasty? Or just questioning your decision to get it done?
I'm not 100% certain if this is something I want to do yet, that's all. Definitely not meant to come across as asking for a collective opinion haha! I'll change the title to better reflect that :)
Hey I'm from Brisbane too - I just sent you a PM :)
You're a pretty girl. good luck in your journey.
Thank you! :)