I Took the Plunge! - Gilbert, AZ

After years of waiting, I finally decided to break...

After years of waiting, I finally decided to break down and get this nose taken care of. I just put a deposit down to schedule my surgery date which is for May 9th, 2012! I can't believe this is really going to happen! I've done all of my research (for years now), and have recently become a fan of this site! I decided it would be a great benefit both to me and others out there to document my experience. It has ben so helpful reading others stories and has helped ease my nerves. Any feedback, helpful tips or encouraging words will always be welcome and appreciated. I'm excited and scared all at once. Pictures to come!

You guys... My surgery date is getting closer and...

You guys... My surgery date is getting closer and I'm starting to get really nervous. What if I don't wake up? What if I don't like it? Will I be in a lot of pain when I wake up? Can I do this? Omgosh! Well... any encouraging words would be awesome! I don't want to chicken out, and considering I've already put $1000 down, I know I won't. Just the anticipation leading up is sometimes overwhelming. I'm also super excited!
Dr. Paul Holden

Don't chicken out! Mine is in May too so if you chicken out I will be really nervous =)
You're so pretty! Can't wait to see your results. I'm sure they'll be great :)
Hay hun, i had my surgery two days ago and like you i was scared of being put a sleep and what it will turn out like, well i can say when you ae put a sleep it feels like a secound one minite you are laying there they put the injection in then the next minite you are awake and its over so thats a breeze, after surgery the first night is uncomfortable as the swelling is coming out but the next day i felt ok to travel home (i had it done in antwerp) so had to get 3 diffrent trains! now im just excited to see what it looks like so please dont be scared you will be fine x
Dr. Paul Holden will make you more pretty than now.
good luck to you??can I know your surgeon name plz??

You're a beauty, for sure! But I understand wanting this done. Do you have a profile shot you could share with us?

Ah thank you. Right before I go in for surgery I'm going to post pictures from every angle you can get from a nose! lol :) More pictures to come!
I'm feeling the same! My surgery is in less than 2 weeks and I go between feeling excited and sheer panic at times! All my pre-op appts are done, and I feel better about the anesthesia than I did before. My surgery is being done at a hospital so that makes me feel better too.

My biggest issue has been two immediate family members who are not supportive and have said some really awful things. I have a couple of supportive friends and I'm seriously considering not telling anyone else, including my parents. Have you told people?
I’m so sorry to hear there are people in your life that aren’t being supportive to this happy time in your life. This decision is about YOU and what you want. Surround yourself with friends and family who are supportive and who want you to be happy with your new look! It won’t change you entirely, just improve what you have! I did decide to share this experience with immediate family and just a handful of close friends. Luckily for me they have all been very supportive because they know that this is something I’ve wanted for a long time. Whatever makes me happy makes them happy. Stay strong and stick with what you want! Don’t let other discourage this decision, especially if you’ve done your research! What are the people in your life saying about your decision?
I've been called vain, superficial, insecure, ridiculous and told I need therapy...also accused of visiting these forums so I can learn to lie to myself about my nose and only hear what I want to. Its expensive, dangerous, I'll look totally different, everyone will know, etc. complete disregard for my intelligence and research process (that I did over more than a year.)
I’m really sorry. It breaks my heart to hear that people are being mean and saying that. Do you feel like this is the right decision? Our decision to help our nose better fit our face is not vain or superficial. Maybe those who are putting you down about your decision are dealing with their own insecurities. I’d never pressure anyone or try to convince them to have surgery, I just know that for me… it’s a decision that I’ve finally made after years of contemplation. If this is what you want, do it. You are going to look amazing & you have a great support system on this site!
Thanks, yes I am 100% sure. Like you, I thought about this for years and considered it very carefully over the past year. I had a total of 7 consultations before setting a date.

My plan at this point is to tell the haters I've postponed the surgery (to get them off my back) and of course do it anyway. I need a stress-free experience as much as possible! I do have a supportive friend an boyfriend on my side, thankfully.
Just do what makes you happy! Some people spend lots of money on cars, some on electronics, some on jewelry, etc...and some to look better, like a lot of us. That doesn't many anyone is a terrible person, superficial, or anything else. Be strong!
That was my point exactly! They'll spend thousands on their pets' surgeries and last-minute tickets out of the country but I'm not supposed to do this? Screw that. :)
That's right! You do your thing!
Honestly, from the front I think my nose looks normal... it's just the profile view. I was tormented when I was younger (13-17) people would call me a "Jew" or ask me if my family was in the holocaust because my nose was so big. People are cruel. I'm just excited for this new time in my life :)
I don't see what is really wrong with your nose but I understand you ! It's good to hear you made research for years, that what I did too :) It's important to get a specialized surgeon !! Good luck, few weeks to go !!
Its totally OK to be nervous! From what I have been told and read- the anticipation and nerves are actually alot worse than the real pain. There will definitely be pain, but nothing that can't be overcome! Also, dont worry about "not waking up." I have also researched for years and havent read anything about someone who didn't wake from the anesthesia. You'll do great!! But, your nose does look cute already! But I know we all have our personal perferences! I wish you lots of luck!!
Your nose looks perfect to me! It's completely in line with your pretty features.
You are so PRETTY! You won't chicken out I was there a month ago and that was the hardest part (the nerves before the surgery)! You'll be fine though YOU WILL wake up and you won't look like a totally different person. Those were the things I was worried about :) Whenever I got nervous I honestly would just look at pics of my nose and reassure myself that I'm doing this for me! Best of luck I'll be sure to follow your story!

I'm so glad you found us and are sharing your story! Thank you! This is an exciting leap. I haven't regretted my rhinoplasty for one single day. Just make sure your surgeon specializes in rhinoplasty as it's a really intricate procedure.

Keep us posted! Looking forward to seeing your photos.