A very tough experience overall

I am 20 years old. I always had insecurities about...

I am 20 years old. I always had insecurities about my nose even though my nose wasn't that bad looking. People always thought I am a pretty girl, but my insecurity limited my personal life. So I went on and had rhinoplasty. However, I am very worried now. It is the second day after surgery. I look like a mutant, bruised and swelled. I also can't breathe at all, and one of my nostrils keep bleeding from the stitches. My breathing was perfectly fine before and now I feel like I can't breathe from one side. Even though it's too early to tell, I feel like it's true... I also feel guilty or ashamed, I went on and had surgery on my beautiful face and now I am in a very risky rode. My nose may get crooked, or asymettrical afterwards, or I may have major breathing problems etc. I didn't need all that. I feel ashamed because I took all those terrible risks just to fix my not-so-bad nose...

4th day

I can breathe better through one nostril this morning. However, the other one is completely down. I noticed that the other nostril looks larger than the one I can breathe in too.

A concern about today is how upturned my nose looks. It is not -too much- for most people, but for me since my upper lip and nose have a huge gap, it is too much! It has to go down... I hope it will.

Nose way too upturned...

4th day post-op, nose looks so upturned and I look like avatar. I hope I don't stay like this...

dont worry!! at week 2 i started being able to breathe more normally, so be patient. also, the tip will drop so dont worry about that either! it will be great im sure
Your nose looks beautiful! Did your tip drop? Your tip is PERFECT, and I was wondering if it dropped a bit right after surgery or cast was off. x
You will look great! I was questioning my decision at the beginning too, but have faith that you made the right choice. The first week is the hardest, but your body is healing. You will see your nose go through a lot of transformation, daily changes. You have to keep in mind that the full healing process takes a year. Good luck.

How I am right now

I feel quite down because of how upturned my nose is. I have seen people whose noses never went down, and I saw some whose have. So I don't know what to hope for... This process is teaching me a lot about life in general which is not something rhinoplasty does all the time haha. But I must say it made me very philosophical, and pushed my mind in a different direction. My focus, I'm assuming will be less appearance during and after my journey or recovery. I am a perfectionalist and it may harm me in this way, as you can see I took the biggest risk of surgery over the hopes of being prettier. But if the outcome is not perfect or any better, I shall think my perfectionalism over since it is harmful.

It takes time to adapt to a changes done during plastic surgery. Especially when it's on your face! You spent all your life looking at YOUR nose and even though you disliked some characteristics of it, it defined you. Now you have to see this new nose as YOUR nose. And the process of adapting is not always the same. I wish you the best on your journey to to recovery and loving your new self.
you're right... when the difference is this major i dont think i want to adapt though. if it doesnt drop i really cant...
It will drop a little, just what the tape is pulling up. But don't expect for it to drop too much.

Waking up in the middle of the night

This morning I woke up and looked at the mirror, and saw a monster staring back at me. I can't live like this. Tip has to drop a lot... :(

I was going to say Penelope Cruz, as well! Your trip is being held up by tape right now, lol - it will drop once your cast is off. A lot of things will change once it's off so just until then to judge.
:)) You guys make me feel much better. thanks a lot
Wow you look a lot like Penelope Cruise! I think it will look great! Give it time. Maybe even don't look in the mirror for a while.

Day 5... Michael Jackson #2!

I look fine if I tilt my head down a bit and look straight, but if I tilt my head up I look like a zombie! It actually makes me laugh right now because I have hopes that the tip will go down and I will look better... What do you guys think?

Hi there! Your tip is taped up to support it. My tip was very raised and I looked like Minnie Mouse, but it dropped quite rapidly after the tape came off. All the best for your recovery. Try and remain calm which will help you heal well, and I hope you feel better about it all soon.
So glad to hear that! I can see how your tip shaped nicely and naturally. i hope it happens to mine too

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! There is definitely an adjustment period when you first see your results and you're used to more of a downturned tip. I felt exactly the same way as you did and after a couple weeks, I realized that my nose actually looked good, it was just my perception that was skewed.

Please keep us updated as you continue to heal. I think you'll look just as beautiful, if not moreso, as before. Virtual hugs!

Day 6... Still looking bad

it's day 6, and I look terrible. I can see my nostrils, my nose looks too short for my overall face and I don't look pretty at all. I look like a monster. I thought that the tip would go down slightly a big by now, but it hasn't. I am terrified!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Still looking upturned and ugly...

I look nothing like myself. My nose looks like I taped it up, its terrible. I really am not sure how much the tip will drop or will it drop at all? The surgeon shouldn't have lifted it THIS much in the first place I think. I see many natural noses here and mainly they are natural because they aren't lifted so high in the first place... I am very disappointed so far and depressed.

Aw thank you! Yes I think it did drop. I didn't have too much tip work in the first place so there was less room for changes but it does go down, plus the tape is holding your tip up. If I were to just look at ur pics without hearin what u said about the tip I'd say u can tell it looks perfect already even with the cast on!!

Not happy at all...

I still think my tip didn't need this much lifting. I do look like a monster. This used to be my best angle, now it's my worst. My only hope is for tip to go down, but honestly how much of a difference can it even make on this ugly nose?

Girlfriend! EVERYONE looks crazy and mutilated post-op, especially with the cast on. I had horrible bruising and swelling. I tried to tell myself it was going to get better, but it was so hard to not freak out when I looked in the mirror. Disfigured salamander! My tip was SO short and piggy, and the bridge between my forehead looked like a wide, lion/avatar creature. But, it all gets so much better. I promise! I literally looked way worse than you, and I am so happy with my results. Just give it time. I would say try not to think about it, but I know that's impossible. :) But seriously, after you get the cast off and see your nose, DON'T WORRY. You probably won't like the way it looks at all - you may hate it. But the tip WILL drop, and the swelling WILL go down. And as others have posted, the overall shape of your nose is already looking good in your latest pic. You're gonna look amazing! You are gorgeous and almost any nose won't change that, no matter what the end result will be. But, I really think you should try to relax and give your new nose a chance to heal. It just takes time, I promise. Hang in there!
Stephanie but your nose looks so good and you dont look like a monster with huge nosrils (that dont even seem swollen, just big). i think that even if someone is taped up after surgery their noses and upper lip angle should be approximately the same as the final result... thats what i saw from all the researching online, and mine is way too up! its almost like i taped it myself randomly to be uglier. thanks for the kind words but honestly i dont think much is going to change after this, since the nose looks terrible and upturned SO MUCH
Your nose is all taped up still and honestly, You are taking photos from weird, unnatural angles that would make just about anyone's tip look too turned up.... There is even tape going straight across your nostrils, distorting your view. Your tip has LOTS of settling to do! You do not even have bandages off yet so you really need to keep away from the camera at this point, trust me! The best thing you can do is distract yourself! I had ZERO tip work done and it was swollen and upturned for quite a while after cast removal, so you just need to keep in mind all of the trauma your skin and cartilage went through just a few short days ago. Hang in there!

One day to cast removal...

Hey guys. Thank you so much for your encouraging comments. You all are wonderful. I am still feeling down because I read somewhere that tip may drop only around 3 degrees, and the distance between lip-nose should be 90-100 to be considered "beautiful". (scienfitically proven). and mine used to be 90, and now it is 135. So I don't think my tip will drop 35 degrees... It may drop a little bit (like my surgeon said) that's all. I am depressed, and I just wanted to let the world know that if you don't hate your nose, do not get a nose job. My life is ruined, and its all because of a surgeon who didn't know what beauty meant and did very stupidly. (I just asked him to raise a little bit, and he said ok. I told him maybe raise less than the computer imaging shows, and he said "then the surgery is not worth it!". so he raised a bit more... wow)

So bottom line is, my life is ruined at a young age all because of this. I keep remembering the story of Job in the bible (even though i am not a believer) and thinking. If my tip doesn't go down 35 degrees, I will keep looking like a monster forever.

Some older memories...

It's painful to see that I won't look like me anymore. In the image simultations my doctor made, the lower part of my nose seemed the same. Not now after surgery, though! I feel like doctor made an overcorrection. I also feel tricked and ruined. Man, I sound negative! But hear my pain! :(

Your talk of scientifically proven degrees of attractiveness are not actually set in stone.... there are people considered far more attractive than those with the "Golden Ratios", so you need to stop being so hard on yourself. Those degrees only count if every single degree of the rest of your face correlates with those degrees. Take a nose with "perfect degrees" and it will not look perfect on just any face. It is about balance and harmony with the rest of YOUR features, not some text book ideal. If you keep holding yourself to that standard, you will be chasing your tail with surgeries to bring balance to your face because you will be throwing your features out of whack. It is so sad to see you feel so destroyed without at least having your bandages off. This is a big surgery to go through and people can have a roller coaster of emotions but it is not good to be obsessing so badly without having the bandages off. I hope I am not sounding harsh, it is just that you are speculating on something you cannot see properly in relation to the rest of your face. ALL you can see right now is your tip, so you are hyper-focused on it and of course it is going to look weird all bandaged up with you taking pics from a very unnatural angle. Keep yourself busy with other things and don't worry yourself for at least a month or two after your bandages are off. Hang in there, hun!
Girl...how can you be sad when you have NO IDEA what it looks like? At 6 months post op you can start worrying about how upturned it is because from that point on there wont be much of a change...right now you cant even SEE what it looks like. Your pictures dont show us anything to be honest...youre only showing us good pictures from before. I'm sure you've taken bad pictures as well that you disliked. Normally people post a picture from the front and a picture from profile view, instead of posting 'pretty pics' because these dont help in real comparison of what your new nose looks like. Take a breather, stop staring at yourself and focus on something else. Once the cast comes off, ask your dr. as many questions as you need. Realize the final result will not be visible for up to a year....its a looooooong time. Its obvious youre a beautiful girl before and after so CHEER UP! :)
This is everything i was trying to say.... *applause!*

CAST OFF! Strange news.

Hey everyone. My god, what a morning. My mother and I went to the doctor's office a couple of hours ago, he got the cast off and it did hurt a little bit but no big deal. However, I don't know what happened, but soon after as we were talking standing up I began to feel terrible. I collapsed on the floor, hitting my head and my jaw. THANK GOD MY NOSE WASN'T HIT. I just don't know what to say... Can you imagine, if my head was a little tilted my nose would be hit, and I would be at the hospital having surgery now and god knows what would have happened. I feel very very scared and weird. This was such a terrible experience... Now my jaw is pretty badly hurt, so I'm icing it.

Second of all, the nose! Oh mon dieu, I must say I am an idiot. I should've listened to all of you!!! WITH THE CAST OFF, MY NOSE ISE A-MA-ZING. It is my old nose, just the imperfections corrected. Even though it is very swollen, it looks PERFECT. It is so natural and so good, my nostrils are exactly the same, everything is amazing. I am so so so happy and I love my surgeon so much! This week was shit, but from now on... I am just... thrilled. I am so glad I did this! It is true that it's stupid to judge a nose when the cast is on. The tip is PERFECT and the rest is magnificent. I will upload pictures soon. But now, I have to rest and get my health back (since I fell badly).

love!

See you got worried for nothing??? You freaked the hell out of us haha ...Im glad youre happy now and i hope you keep updating:)))
J'ai oublie de dire que tu est tres belle :** xoxo
Aaaah tu es tres belle aussi!!! merci bcp :) t'es francais? and yes, i was worried for nothing.. my god! nose job is such a patience requirement :))

Cast off photos :)

Haha such a big difference to when the cast was on.. Lol!

LoL... sorry but I think we all had a little chuckle because we knew you were stressing about nothing ;) It was still really great to be so candid about your emotions so that people can see this is not something to take so lightly all of the time, and that post-surgery blues are very real! Glad you did not get too hurt during your fall. Congratulations!!!
Hahahahahaha!! YAY!! Told you! Glad you're happy, you really do look amazing! :D
Awesome!! Much love

Should i be worried!? 8 days post-op

My cast was off yesterday, but I am worried because the tip is definitely lower than how it was yesterday. I am worried that the tip will drop even more and be just like how it was before surgery... It is ALMOST there :(

I'm SO happy to see you are feeling better about the nose! Girl!!! You are so pretty. I want to see more pics :) And, don't worry about the tip so much - remember just last week you were super worried that it was going to drop at all and that it was going to be way too short... there's no way it dropped that much in just a few days. Also, oh my gosh, I am so glad that you're okay after your fall in the hospital. That's so crazy! Maybe you were low blood sugar or something? Who knows... but thank god you (and the nose) were alright. Keep updating!! xoxo

Mixed feelings / 2 weeks post-op

I am overall happy with everything. However, I noticed that my bone is very very crooked (not sure if its possible). The crookedness starts from in the middle of my eyebrows and its almost like an "S". So this makes my sides look very different, and one side looks SO weird, like i am punched in the face. I like the front view but it seems like my tip has to shrink a bit more, its bigger than it used to be.

The crookedness is worrying me... I am not sure what to make of it.

Also, since I asked the doctor to not remove all of the hump, the hump from one side looks SO weird! Its like i am deformed?

Ahhh... idk.

Bump on nose?

Hey guys, I noticed a pea size bump right on the tip of my nose where the hump ends. it is slightly on the left side. What the heck is this? So scary!

Hey... I understand what ur saying about thinking the bone is ccrooked. I feel like mine is... But I just attribute it to swelling. I used to have this pointy/smaller than pea size bump in the corner of my bridge and I was so scared it was a bone popping out but in the last few months it got smaller and smaller so what that led me to believe is that bones can actually get swollen as well as skin and tissue. I guess just wait it out and see what ur dr says. I think u look adorable with ur new nose. Congrats!
I want your nose! haha You are adorable and gorgeous! A perfect combo. ;)
You really do remind me a lot of Audrey Tautou! If you don't know who she is look her up. Gorgeous girly!

So worried and upset.

I look nothing like myself from the front, my tip is wide and it looks horrible, i used to have the tiniest nice tip... Doctor had told me that the size of tip wouldn't change, but lies. It did. My nasal bone is so crooked too. I can see my nasal bone !! How horrible is that. And on top of that, I have THREE small bumps on my nose that don't seem to be going away. I did make a terrible mistake I feel like. I am so depressed, everytime i look in the mirror i see this ordinary girl, and i miss my old pretty face.

Update.

Vous etes belle!!! I truly mean it. Smile smile smile!!! :)))
It's kind of a weird thing but the somewhat crookedness (that is barely noticeable) actually makes it look so natural and unique. It's not just a straight perfect nose but one of those things that really enhances your beauty and makes you different. I think you have nothing to worry about because it really fits your face and is such an improvement than before. No worries! :))
Aw that actually makes sense! i just hoped it is not more crooked and thinner than before, u know?... i guess cause the hump now ends shorter than before which makes it look more crooked now than ever, cause if i complete the hump with my hands it looks perfect... the gap between my tip and hump makes things weird... and i hope the swelling of the tip will go down, thats my first wish for now. thanks :)) x

Day 18

Worst decision of my life. I am devestated. My face has changed. My front is terrible, my nasal bridge is way too thin and way too crooked. Before it was better. My tip is huge, it is not going down. All of the worst things I could possibly imagine came true. I want to take time back so bad. I went through all this (and still going through) for a horrible new face. life is not fair, i am only just beginning it, and it is just not fair.

You can see how ugly this nose made my whole face. Before was much much better, I had a tiny tip which droops slightly and a slight hump, and the bridge was twice as wider which was still considered 'narrow'. Now the light shines right on my tip since my upper part is so thin.

All I wanted was a better nose......

Hey dear, Listen, you are going through a stage where u are getting used to ur new nose. Its normal, some adjut fast some take longer. U have a new nose and ur not used to it. And your nose is literally beautiful and matches your face. Remember how ur nose looked like before surgery, u hated it u didn't like it, and eventually u wanted go through surgery to fix it. U have. Now u are at a stage where u are slowly adjusting to ur new nose, which is "new" to u and different. But its better, cuter and nicer. You are still in a healing process...a nose can heal and will be defined up to a year. Remember at first u thought why was your tip so high, now 2 weeks later, you are worried if ur tip will lower more. You are confusing yourself dear. When I look at your face, I don't even pay attention to your nose anymore, because that is the whole point of having a nice nose. The attention is drawn to ur eyes....because ur nose is no longer a distraction or standing out. You are beautiful, seriously and your nose looks very very nice on you.
Thank you so much Shawn... It seems to me that my nose is now worse than before. And it may be somewhat true... When I look in the mirror I see a girl with a long nose with big tip. If I put my before pictures you would understand what I'm going through... I know that healing is very tough and unpredictable process but I am almost 3 weeks post-op and there isn't much swelling left anymore- and atleast not enough to make my nose look better. My nose looks longer, my bridge is thinner and crookedness is more obvious, when i smile my eyes look so close to each other, i am really not 'attractive' at all anymore. It is so different and i feel like im going through this to be more ugly. its really not fair. YOU ARE SO SWEET. Thank you so much. You and people like you make me feel a bit more better... and perhaps prevent me from killing myself
hey there, i know what you are going thru because i am also feeling the same was as you, wishing i could go back into time. i know words cant change your situation and how you feel about your procedure, but for all its worth id still like to say, personally i think you actually look gorgeous, especially in the photo where you apoligise about the zits and having no make up, in all honesty you're a very good looking girl you have a certain uniqueness if that makes any sense, this is coming from a males perspective. i hope you can feel better about it. good luck with it all. you really look good

Before the mistake...

I just wanted the hump to be slightly gone, not even fully. and i wanted tip to be less droopy. i didn't know that this involved a more bulbous tip and very thin bridge. he told me that i wont change much and nobody would notice. lies.

Hi! I see why you are upset, I would be upset, too. Luckily, your dissatisfaction is over something entirely addressable. I have no doubt that you could have it amended with "fillers" I have seen this done many times, even on this site. It's affordable and non-surgical. Don't panic! You still look hot! and your problem can be solved and you may be able to obtain the result you were looking for originally with only fillers.
Hi, will you post a profile image of your "Before". Thank you!
I don't think your nose looks horrible but I do see what concerns you. You are still pretty... you have not lost your beauty! I have some similar issues with my nose and it kind of curling to one side. from one side my nose is long and somewhat straight; the other side is short and twisted. I believe my doctor caused a septal deviation... far worse than your look I might add, yet some of the surgeons I have seen think it won't be a huge challenge to fix. You are in early days... you might like your nose more, or maybe less but remember this- be kind to yourself! I know it is a challenge and I know for the first several months your nose will be constantly changing but you have to realize that while it could have been better, yes it could be worse. I have seen some horrible results and those people try to carry on. Consider counseling to help manage your emotions. Don't just rely on a website focused on looks. It can be comforting to relate to people who are going through it too, but at a certain point it can get SO draining and it contributes to your nose taking over your life. Find some one you can check in with each week. I started counseling due to my surgery fiasco. I have always been a level headed person with realistic expectations but the toughest of us can only handle so much and a counselor WILL help you get through this. Don't just hide in your room on the computer, suffering. I did it for too long and it makes it all worse. Good luck to you!

Today.

Today I cried quite a lot, which is probably not great for my nose. But I am depressed. Before I didn't go through anything traumatizing and this strong, (except for boy situations but they always pass quick lol) so now i think this is going to change me quite a lot as a person. My nose is still looking the same. But I need to have hope.
Thank you all for your support, and please help me get through this tough time... It really helps, and I need it...
xo

Hi there - Please accept my apology if my post came across the way one person suggested. It was my intention to just say you're okay, and I'm sure things will be fine, even if they're rocky at the moment. What you're going through seems huge, but in time you will get through this with a good outcome, because either way you are gorgeous, and nothing is going to change that. Be happy with the way you look, because it will make your world a whole lot better. I hope things change for the better soon, and just remember - ask for help if you need it. I'll be thinking of you, and check back from time to time to see what's happening. Wishing you health and happiness. Gx
Iwish you the best from the bottom of my heart. I know I said before its just settling and not to worry but now I feel that you from the very moment you say your nose, freshly operated with cast and all, that you knew something want quite right. I would feel like you, because we go under risking so much to fix something we don't like, and to come out with something even less appealing must be depressing. We go in with hopes and trusting that person, that doctor, not only with our appearance but also our ability to function, and even our lives.. it's a lot to go through, especially when we are not fully prepared to deal with any types of consequences. Yes we are aware of them but how can we fully understand if we haven't been in such position? Please, know that you are still very beautiful, I know that our appearance is important to most of us, otherwise we wouldn't be putting thousands in so many surgeons pockets. And have a little hope, beautiful, that you will be okay.
Wasn't quite right***

I dont know

My bridge needs to get wider. I am not sure if this is possible since even with swelling it was super thin. Is it possible for my bridge to get wider at this point??

Why you worry about having a thin bridge? I think many girls in here would love to have a thinner bridge as it looks way better than a broad one, including me. No one pays attention at bridges besides, only us really. Personally i think you nose looks fine and it wont attract attention dont worry ;)
Hi gg, sorry you're feeling so bad. You can get spreader grafts to make the bridge look wider, it was probably the osteotomies that made your bridge so thin. I think you look great regardless, you look the same but I know how you feel
I am not a ps ... but from what I have read, the bridge may have to be narrowed (the sides pushed in) when you reduce the hump on your bridge, to minimise the risk of open roof deformity ... talk to your surgeon about the what and why of your surgery ... personally I prefer a narrower bridge, particularly if the lower half is being narrowed as well. I also notice that when one part of the nose swells or deswells, it makes other parts look smaller or bigger. If your tip is swollen, it may make your bridge look thinner. Be patient ... judge your result when all swelling is gone and your nose stabilise ...

Terribly miserable

*Removed by RealSelf staff. This review update does not follow our community guidelines*

please dont be so sad.. the bridge is thin, yes but you know they can even widen it through non-surgical procedures, im sure. its just a little thin and only in one area. the rest looks great! please dont consider ending your life over this.. its just a nose.. and while it is super depressing it can ALWAYS be fixed!
hey speak to your surgeon about your concerns, the bridge can always be augmented to make it wider or i think they even use spreader grafts for this but it can be done. hang in there i know what you are going thru it feels like hell, im also in the same boat as you and im contemplating a revision. im sorry for how you feel. personally i think you look great, but its not what others think its about how you think about yourself. i hope it all works out for you its a slow process.. good luck
I am really sorry you are feeling so bad :( , but honestly, people probably don't even notice you had surgery, they surely think you're just as beautiful as before!! You are wrong in thinking a slightly different nose can make you ugly!! You didn't change that much, only you can really see it. I personally like your new nose and I don't think it is that different from the old one. I think the bridge looks very thin now also because the tip is still very swollen, I am sure time will balance everything out! Then, if you are not happy with the result you can talk to your surgeon or have a consultation with someone else to have a second opinion. You are young and beautiful and you have nothing to worry about, everything can be fixed!!!! Try to stay positive :)!!!

Pain is not going away

hey GG, I was miserable in the early stages when my nose was swollen and misshapen with strange little lumps; my bridge looked unnatural ... I looked in the mirror and felt deep regret ... I was considered pretty n used to get second looks; and this stopped for a while ... now that my nose has settled down, I have strangers coming up to say "you are so pretty !" GG, you are beautiful ! ... you have gorgeous eyes and luscious lips ... and your nose will deswell ... the tip takes the longest to settle .. the bridge deswells first, followed by the middle vault, then the tip ... so for a while, it may look a little disproportionate. Judge your results in 12 months ... in the meanwhile it is important to look after yourself so that you can heal well. :)
Your bridge will look a lot better once the tip swelling goes down. I bet a lot of this is just the contrast between the two.

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Hang in there. Noses can take a long time to heal!

??

My tip dropped just as much as it was pre-op, the only exception to my nose is that my bridge is thinner and hump is reduced. so my nose looks worse than before because tip is droopy and bridge is super thin :(

Comment ca va? J'espere bien. How are you? Do you feel any better?

Updates... 1/2 months post-op

Hi everyone. So i'm not happy with my results because my nose looks crooked than ever, my bridge is very thin and my tip is droopy.

Rhinoplasty is not something to be joked about, it is very serious and you need to discuss everything with your surgeon beforehand and guess how you'll look like.

this has been the toughest time i went through in my life, and i dont think there'll be anything thatll beat it. i would do anything to take time back and discuss more with my surgeon.

as a result, i am depressed and my days are passing with pain and regret.

I will get a revision, probably, a couple of years from now though. I will have to learn to live with this nose for a long time. It's too painful to think of... i can't put it to words.

Hey people!

This review is very funny to me! I can't believe I went through all this pain (and still going through it) but I think it's smart to now think of a solution. I will probably have a revision done (if I can get the courage and patience). The tip is droopy from the sides and since the bridge is thin it makes my nose look long, i think. I hated the droopiness of my nose before more than the hump and that part made me have insecurities. and it is still now fixed IMO. As time goes on tip appears to drop more. I am happy in that my surgery is barely noticable by others, i dont think anyone will even realize (even the closest people) that I had surgery done! Which is always a good thing. but the bad part is, that i was under general anestesia, and so much stress was experienced for not satisfaction... that kills me! And whats also bad is that I have to deal with my nose changing from day to day for a year when I don't like what I'm seeing. If I was happy with the results, I'd be happy to wake up everyday or look in the mirror. but it feels like for a year i'll be terrified to look at myself...
I will get the revision hopefully when it's the right time. I just hope that my tip doesn't drop even more, because if it does just a TINY bit it'll be just like my old tip!

?

why aren't my reviews being updated on the page?

post some pictures we have no idea what you're talking about

Please PM me if you're still having trouble with your updates not posting. Thanks!

Update!

Hey everyone! So I'm doing much better in accepting my new nose. I am just unhappy about something which is the tip. It seems to be droopy and fat. I actually don't mind the droopy bit but the fat bit is putting all the attention to the tip. I'll add pictures soon and hopefully see your comments on what's up and how it can be improved. x

i think you look amazing :) and so does the (new) nose!!
lovinggg the results!! I actually think it looks fantastic :) and the swelling in the tip takes the longest, give it another 6 months and im sure ul love it...no need for a revision
Even if someone puts a big tomatoe in your face you are still gonna look georgeous!! You are so so beautiful and i would kill for those eyebrows :P...as fot the nose i can see what concerns you but i think you should give it some more time ..maybe its just the swelling int he tip :)) or if u still dont like the tip u can fix that later pretty easily :) xxx

Tip problems.

Hey guys, not sure why the tip is like this but it is bothering me quite a lot! I don't know what to do. Do you think this can easily be fixed? Why is it droopy like this? Did anyone experience something similar? aaah!

Helllo, I just got my surgery done on tuesday. Today is my 5th day post op and my nose looks way to upward I am so scared i'm going to look like a pig for the rest of my life. When did your tip start to fall?? I mean yeah my nose was droopy but I didn't want a piggy nose either it's like a 135 degrees now. I am way too worried, I am feeling really down and starting to regret.. Everyone use to tell me I am a pretty girl and all and now I don't look like myself anymore. Nose jobs are supposed to boost your confident not depress the hell out of you :( oh and also did people notice your nose job? Im going back to my university in about a month and I'm so scared people are going to notice although I told my surgeon that I wanted a natural final look. I would love a honest answer from a girl who I feel like is living the same nightmare as me.
Dont worry lol i was depressed after surgery but now my nose is droopy. When the cast comes off your nose will look normal and with time itll drop even more
Hey sweetie. Ur tip "looks" droopy because you're tilting your head down? Anyone's nose would look like that if they tilt there head down and take a pic from above. I hate to be harsh but ur tip does not look droopy in any other pictures anyway. But if it makes u feel better my tip had lifted a lot since surgery.

2 months post-op... Droopy!

My nose looks as droopy as it was pre-op... I thought the droopiness would be fixed which was my main problem. It keeps dropping more each day I feel like. I don't know if the lifting is appopriate for revision or not, since i am just not liking the tip part and how it is like a diamond shape. The surgeon did lift it and it didnt resolve the diamond shape, it just looks like my nose and upper lip are longer distance. but the tip is the same. you see what i mean? so What is necessary for MY tip problem to be solved?

Takes ages for your tip to resolve on its own about 2 years.dont have another nose job I did and regret it big time.your nose looks great 2 months post op
I agree with Luke. My surgeon said the tip takes the longest to de swell. It will be a year or longer . Keep your chin up it WILL get better. It's very swollen!! And again, you look beautiful even with the swelling. I think you'll like the end result. Patience is key for all of us!

Disapointment...

I realize that my tip changed in a way I didn't want. It is raised, but the droopiness is exactly the same. I only wanted the droopy part to be reduced i liked the position of my tip. Now I look hideous and not unique at all. i will need another tip surgery to make the droopiness go away and have a smoother look without changing much...

Your nose looks fine to me; you're overthinking things.

Downfall

So here I am. Today I felt more depressed than ever, even though I am on anti-depressants... The tip of my nose is droopy like before, my nose is more twisted than ever, and my nasal hump is very badly placed during surgery. I think I'll need an augmentation revision + tip revision.

I think I have what is called a septal cartilage deviation. I didn't have septum deviation before surgery, but appearantly it can occur during surgery. Remember how I was sad when my cast came off, and my nose was super twisted? Everyone said it was swelling, but it was not. My nasal bone and septum cartilage is twisted. it makes my both profiles look VERY different, and also my front view not so nice. My god, I hate unfairness done to me. It is just so unfair! I look nothing like surgeon's simultation!

You were beautiful before and you are beautiful now. I am 6 months out and my nose changes daily. It gets better. I think Can'tBreate2013 has some great advice. Go easy on yourself!
very nice :) ... I think you are on your way to a great outcome ... you look prettier and younger
It is nice to hear from you. I think you should visit a Dr. just to check if you have any functional problems with your nose, so you can have a peace of mind. I wish you the best.

What can I do now?

Hey guys. My tip is just like how it was before surgery now. I HATE IT!!! It looks so.. 'meaty'. My face is really tiny and that tip is just too much! That part was exactly what i hated pre-op.... any suggestions on what to do? nobody seems to know how that part can be reduced. i dont think my problem could be fixed with just lifting.

PLEASE HELP! :( I am so so upset. I am not fishing for compliments, because my problem is obvious. My tip is just the freaking same and i went through all this to look the same?! It breaks my heart.

anyways, enough with the ranting. solution? meaty gone: how? :(

Simple answer tipoplasty but as stated no good surgeon will touch you till at leadt nine month you also have a slight nasal hump i do mine never went i thought that was swelling but ooooo no
What do you mean nobody knows how it can be reduced? You should consult with a surgeon about it and not let uninformed people make you feel helpless. But surgeons won't get serious with you until you are closer to 9 months- 1 year. Not to mention your tip that is "meaty" is also swollen whether you think it is or not, and scar tissue can form in it. There's no reason to think it can't be resolved but you need to be in a good emotional state before going through with another procedure. We can't tell you how your tip is going to be fixed though so post some questions to doctors.
Everyone has their own beliefs and we do tend to be our own worst critics. I think your nose looks beautiful. Keep in mind you are staring at your nose on the daily (I can assume). If I stare long enough at any of my body parts I will find a problem with it. Try not to be so hard on yourself. I am having Rhino done on 9-3 and my doc told me something eye opening during my post op. He said, "We are looking for a vast improvement, not perfection." At first that shocked me because well, I wanted perfection! But then I realized, he is human just like any one else and he is a doctor in the PRACTICE of medicine. It is not art but a practice. Now, does that mean a doc can do a procedure and be justified for a bad outcome, No. So, lemmie ask you...do you think your nose is an improvement from your "old" nose? I would recommend you take up a hobby to try to take your mind of your nose. How about Yoga? Life is to short to fixate on what you think is wrong with yourself. You are a beautiful girl with a life full of excitement to live. :)

Quite worried...

all I think about is my nose- well because who wouldn't? It is so unbalanced. The tip is so WEIRD... I dont even know or understand how it can be fixed anymore. I just don't get it. each day it becomes worse and worse. Any ideas of what can be done to this tip?

I had my nose done a month ago for a bulbous dowturned tip.. I wish my nose would go back to the way it was.. It is still way too upturned. Consider yourself lucky you got your face back.. I have to live with a different looking me for the rest of my life and im only 19 :( I wouldnt recomand having a revision cause I know this girl who had 3 surgery for a droopy/fat tip, after surgery her nose would be perfectly be upturned for a few weeks/ months and then it would end up drooping again :/ if I ever have a revision it would be to derotate the tip I swear I cry everyday I am obssesed with my nose I don't even wanna go out or meet anyone especially people I know cause I haven't told anyone.. :'( im going back to uni next week only cause my parents made me and I dont know how I am gonna handle it
I am sorry I just re read my comment I didnt mean to say "you should consider yourself lucky" or anything like this I was just crying and upset cause I want mine to drop. We are both unhappy you have your reasons to be and I have mine... I hope it's gonna get better for both of us. Courage!
Again, so sorry you're going through this , love! It is still very swollen in the tip. I believe it's an easy fix. Have you talked to your surgeon about where and how swollen it is? You still look lovely to me. But I completely understand the frustration! I have that slight nasal bump too. My doctor said its probably scar tissue and has me putting pressure on it a few times a day for two weeks . He said not to massage it just put pressure on it for about a minute. If its scar tissue I guess the bump will/should be gone in a couple weeks by doing that ( for me). Maybe ask about that to your surgeon.

Revision, wait for me!

hi guys! So now I'm 4 months post op almost, and I decided that I'm definitely going to get revision this summer. I want bridge augmentation and tip reduction with tip lifting slightly... I also want to get rid of that small bump on my bridge.

In order for my bridge to look 'healthy, i def need augmentation. it just looks like i have a HUGE tip now and no bridge (even tho u cant notice in the photos that much). I feel like now I am more photogenic, but in person I still dont feel comfortable enough. I feel like not much has changed and certain things could've been much much better!

I hope ya'll support me... love , S

I don't see any pix

hi please email me.. i have the same situation i would love to speak to you about it ********l@********* please thank you

I am a male and can definitely say you are attractive.

My rhinoplasty seems like a joke.

It's been 6 months and I've never been once happy... My nose becomes more droopy every month and it almost looks like how it did before. Since the bridge is super thin, the tip stands out making it more droopy and huge than it is. My pre-op nose was better, more strong on the bridge and more straight. I will get a revision this summer to lift the tip more, correct the thinness and crookedness of bridge and make it more in harmony with other parts. Above that, I need to get that small thin ugly unicorn hump shaved. theres also a hard pea-sized substance which is visible from one side, on my tip. i need to get that fixed too.

This was a tough, tough, tough journey guys. Did it ruin my life? In a way, yes! I have to admit!

I don't think your nose is bad. The side view is great and the shape looks natural. My experience is worst cause i've got big nostrials left and the new doc I saw told me there is no hope to reduce them.
Relatively recent research suggests the use of 3mhz ultrasound therapy to "counteract edema, fibrosis and scar tissue enabling the nasal tip skin to shrink". The longer term negative effects (if any) are not known ... I have recently tried this technology to reduce the remaining swelling in the tip of my nose ... and I believe it is working. If you are interested, I can send you more info as it is a commercial product.

I am so sad.

Guys, I am devestated. I will have revision but for now I cry every day like a baby, it hurts so much... I am so upset with the world and my doctor, i wont trust anyone every again. nothing that was planned happened and he still denies it and says it is good and blames me.

My tip is almost the same as before, my bridge is extremely crooked and thin, and my tip is huge for my bridge. I was so pretty before, now i look horrible. i can't sleep, i cant eat...

the bridge has improved - not as thin as before ... the tip and the lower third look swollen still ... that may be why it is not straight ... understand your frustration ... be patient ... if it does not settle down, a good surgeon can fix it

7mnthz

I want a revision for both my bridge and tip. I did a simulation myself. I want to know what you guys think!!
I widened the bridge a bit, making it more symetrical as well, and i shortened the tip.

Did you have your revision? How did it go? All of us are rooting for you!
Hi. I am suffering from a really thin nose too. Have you consulted with any doctors? Hope you are doing better'
:( I can't see your pics on here, but I totally feel for you. I'm not sure I would get a revision though. They're not always easy and in order to make your nose wider, they'll have to use some sort of graft, which means you'll have damage to another part of your body AND you'll feel like you have something foreign in your nose.