Should have done this years ago!..... - Fort Myers, FL

After about 15 years of considering rhinoplasty, I...

After about 15 years of considering rhinoplasty, I have finally decided to do it. I am scheduled for surgery exactly one month from day on March 14th! My nose has always bothered me, due to the large size, bulbous tip and bump that I have (I'll have to post some pictures later). I know this will give me the confidence I've been lacking and I can't wait to take a profile picture that doesn't make me cringe! :)

I am nervous about being under, although I've had a few minor surgeries before. I think now that I'm a mom, I have a fear of not waking up. I know deep down that everything will be fine but I'm a natural worrier. I have two little boys 6 and 15 months, so the recovery is a concern but I will have my husband and my mom, who is a nurse, here to help.

If you have any advice or if you're just going through the same pre-op jitters, I'd love to connect! ;)

Some pics

I really dislike my profile!

Tomorrow is the Day

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm sure the second guessing and anxious feelings are normal, but I have to admit I'm awfully nervous. Between the anesthesia & recovery...my mind is busy. I'm a control-freak by nature, so it's tough to just trust and relax.

Out of surgery

Surprisingly I feel great! Congestion is the biggest complaint at the moment. anesthesia was a breeze. Tomorrow or later I may not feel so great but 3 hrs out I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the support!

Post op-Day 1 night

I had some heavy bleeding from left nostril but I have no packing so doctor said ice and sit up. Seems a bit better. Throat is the most annoying thing at the moment. Combo of mouth breathing & breathing tube, I suppose.

Day 2-morning

Took the drip pad off this morning & that felt good. One nostril is completely clogged & I can breathe a bit through the other. My very sore throat is the only complaint right now.

Day 3

Pain, more like heavy pressure from swelling, is the worst today. Still not horrible but I'm tired & haven't been able to sleep well the past two nights & can't get a nap in. That's the worst...being so tired you can't sleep! Thinking Tylenol pm may be a good idea for tonight. :)

Feeling Good

I don't get my cast off until Monday but recovery is going well. Hardest part is relaxing. I'm always on "mom-mode" so trying to sits down and relax it's tough.

I have an earache & sore throat-I think the throat breathing tube & the ear is allergy related. If those two things would get better, I'd be all set!

I'm excited to see the results but keep reminding myself that there will be swelling.

Cast is off

I got my cast off yesterday. My nose is still swollen and numb, which feels weird. The doctor cleaned off most of the glue in the office but I can still feel some of that today. I'm still a bit nervous to put makeup on so I've avoided that.

I love my nose even with the swelling! I'm only disappointed I waited so long to get this done! :)
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mazza is an artist! His calm demeanor is reassuring, and he does a great job of setting expectations and addressing questions. I could not be happier with my results! He is wonderful and I'm so thankful that I chose him for my procedure. I also appreciate his promptness when I go for my office visits. It's nice to have a doctor respect my time!