First Time Juvederm User

I am 37 years old and this if my first experience...

I am 37 years old and this if my first experience with Juvederm. I have always been told that I look 10 years younger than I am, but with the stress I have had in my life over the past 9 months, I noticed a decline in my appearance.

I had Juvederm Ultra injected in my nasolabial folds yesterday. The left side line was more pronounced that the right side was, so the person who injected me started with the left....he wasn't sure he would be able to accomplish the results I wanted with one syringe and asked me how I felt about trying it out with one to see what we could do (I couldn't afford a second!) So anyway, It was an 8ml syringe and there was such a noticeable improvement with only 5.5 injected he stopped injecting. There was also a bit of swelling going on on the left side, so he wanted to stop there to let the swelling go down a few days and then we can see where we want to use the rest....

Well, it is the day after and besides a few pin spot bruises I have had no problems at all....The mild swelling has gone down on the left side too....what I see today, just one day after my injection is astounding, it almost makes me want to cry. There is such a noticeable improvement even with just 5.5ml injected. My self confidence in my looks has been taking a nose dive the last few months, I have been obsessing about these lines that seemed to appear in a matter of months. I now feel my confidence coming back and feel a ton better about how I look! I think with that one injection, it took 5 to 10 years off my face.

The nice thing about Juvederm is that if you don't use all the syringe, your practitioner can store it for use until next time. I will be going back in the next week or so to have the rest injected, after I look my face over for a bit and see where I think it's needed.

The place I went to for my injection was awesome...the staff are super friendly and the practitioner that injected me was very knowledgeable, kind and honest (He did not say oops! We need another syringe!! lol). He truly was amazed that we got the results we did with not even using a whole syringe. I am too:)

I fully believe that Juvederm was worth every penny I spent and hopefully the results will last as long as they say it can. Pain was pretty mild, just a sting during injection but other than that really its nothing...I actually went to work about an hour after the injection too.....

Thought I would add some photos of my results...it is pretty amazing to say the least! The first one was taken the night before I had the injection done. The second photo was taken about an hour to an hour and a half after I had the injection. No brusing was showing at that time, but a few hours later, I noticed just a few tiny ones. It is now Monday, 3 days after my procedure and the brusing has diminished, but not completely gone....still love the results!!

Derma Spa

Honest, friendly and knowledgeable......

My best anti-aging advice is high quality, broad spectrum sunscreen every single day--even indoors in front of the computer. I've been using sunscreen since I was in my late teens and people tell me I look 10 years younger than I am. I was upset, however, when in spite of my religious sun screen use, my face started to loose volume at about age 30. So, I started having my lips pumped up a bit when I was about 32: Juvederm routine of every 12-18 months. Very happy with the results until I became a little depressed and lost a lot of weight (130-110) and started to get a little obsessed with every little line and hollow in my face. The PS I was seeing at the time (I didn't do any research) suggested Perlaine in my parentheses and later Restalyne in same place and all around my mouth. Big Mistake. Suddenly, I looked like the Joker when I smiled. People started to say things about my appearance. I was mortified. I can't even look at my wedding photos. BEWARE of overdoing fillers in your natural expression lines when you're so young. I finally got smart and flew across the country to see a top doc in LA known for the liquid lift. She conservatively addressed my hollowed-out look by filing my mid-face, temples and chin and NOT putting anything else into my smile lines. Thank goodness, she dissolved a good deal of the over-fill in my face. She convinced me that a couple expression lines look natural. I don't even see any now. What a difference. Two years after my last visit to the first PS who was happy to overfill my lips and parentheses, I look like myself again. I look ten years younger again. I'm over 40 and people regularly tell me I look 30. I think the best thing the wonderful doc in LA said was, "Trust me. I really know what I'm doing." (subtext: I shouldn't tell the doc what I need). Lessons learned: Find a great doctor and listen to her advice.
That's awesome, I'm considering Juvederm for the nasolabial folds, I'm only 27 but because I smile a lot (i work as a server and smiling is nessessary like all the time) i ahve created some wrinkles in the smile zone. I'm glad that you are happy with results, would you mind giving an update? Did the results last a long time? Would you get it done again?
It was not an 8 mL syringe. It is an 0.8 mL syringe: that is a 10-fold difference! Juve is sold less than 1 mL syringes. It does not take a lot to look good. Who is your doctor? He did a great job!
Sorry to hear that you've had a less than satisfactory outcome. But it does sometimes take more than 1 or 2 syringes. It is best to have enough cash on hand to purchase more syringes than you need just to be safe. An good injector will always inject on the cautious side and let your injected area sit for a few weeks to see the result before injecting more if you need it. Sounds to me like you will need more to see the result you want. Good luck to you!
wow u look great....jealous!! I had it done 2 weeks ago I paid $650 and she used 1 and half syringes and NO results I look exactly the same.:O( Going to call tmrw to c what she'll do for me.
I have an appointment to inject Juvederm on Monday. I am very scare, after reading some of the stories. I think it depends on the doctor and your body reaction to the product. Any advice on what to do? Does anyone knows a good doctor in Houston?

HI I seriously hope you answer this...so if you can respond there it would be better... anyways i just turned 29 and i have always been told i look younger too...but like you stress has aged me, esp in the nasal labial folds...i look bad. like i suck cock for a living..sorry but thats what it looks like. I hate it more than you know. Anyways can you show me more pics somehow as I really want to get this done, can you tell me anything else about it...please and thanks.

Have any of you who have "aged overnight" been taking any pharmaceuticals during this time, say Accutane by any chance? This happened to me. Also, a girl i knew who was 18 years old took Accutane and by the time she was finished with the regimine 6 mos later, she looked like she was in her mid to late 30's, and she stayed like that. I was floored! I had so many problems with Accutane, i would not offer it to my worst enemy.
sometimes bruising in this NL area takes 2 - 3 days to show up. i learned that from experience.

I can't believe the after picture was taken an hour after you had it injected. No swelling or bruises?

I didn't have any swelling after my shots, but did get bruising that started the following day and lasted for about a week, but only pin point bruising. It was very minimal Now for my marionettes, I bruised and swelled like CRAZY! As the other poster mentioned, sometimes the bruising is delayed as was the case with mine. And to answer her too, yes, it was .8 ml! ha ha...that was a typo on my part. Thanks for pointing that out.
please tell me where you went as i would like to go also. finding a good juvederm provider is so difficult. Many "provide" juvederm, but not that many are good at it, i learned from my experience. Also, correction: it was an 0.8 mL syringe, not 8 mL. he only injected 0.55 mL, not 5.5. Trust me, you would look like a balloon if he injected 5 mls into ur face. ! :)
where in wi did you have it sone you look great :)
You look great. I hope I can get the same results.
Hi. Thanks for the infor. Do you have the phone number, address and doctors name for this treatment? Thanks.
Hi Hollywood, Provider information is located above the review. You must be signed in to view; this requires free registration for an account.
wow, I have the same lines and have been thinking about doing injections for quite some time. After seeing your pics, I made an appointment for next week!! The cost will be $750, which is really steep for me, but if it makes me feel better when I look in the mirror, it will be worth it!! Hope I get the same results you did!
For Lisari007..... I know, the cost was only $500 for me here in Wisconsin (regularly $550, but they had a sale for the month of September) and that was steep for me at the time....but, it was just something I knew I had to do for myself. I have had a rough year with divorce (I wanted it but still tough), moving in to my own place and trying to adjust with my finances....it really took a toll on me. To me, with all this stress, I aged like 10 years in what seemed like a few months. I can honestly say that this one injection turned me around a complete 360!!! I have really started getting in to taking care of my skin with other products, eating healthy to promote good health and slow the aging process and I feel so much better...AND I have to say that I am looking 10 years younger again!! Its a total transformation from a few months ago prior to my injection. Went out last week and this man thought I was 26:) Nice compliment to a 37 year old!! ha ha...But anyway, there are some things we just need to do to give us that extra push. Yeah, we have to sacrifice a bit of money and maybe ignore a bill or 2 for a bit...but for you, it is well worth it I guarantee it!! Good luck dear, and let me know how it goes!!!
well, that's good, $50.00 isn't to bad but they should tell you ahead of time that a fee will B charged.... so r u still loving your results??? Hope so*
Still loving it:) I am definately hooked on this stuff now. I cannot believe how it has brought my self confidence back where it belongs. I have been so down in the dumps...especially these last few months. This has really helped boost my self esteem and has gotten me going again. It was just what I needed at this point in my life:)) That little extra umpf!!!
OMG! You look amazing. I am 37 and have had the same experience looking 10 yrs younger than I am and almost overnight have aged significantly. I would like to know where you went for the injections so I can make anappointment please!!! I am serious, thanks.
For Hollywood..... Yes!! My aging seemed to happen within just a few short months...those darn lines just popped out of nowhere!! I was really floored and it could not have happened at a worse time. I am so glad I did this injection and do plan on getting them to upkeep my look in the future. It has been a few months and I am still very happy with my results, I can still feel the product under my skin which I am glad to know its still there!! ha ha....The person I went to is located at the top of my review, just log in to see it:)
Thanks for the advice and for the nice comments....I am having the rest put in this Thursday...I can't believe they would charge even more to get the rest of your syringe put in?!?! That is rediculous....hopefully this will not be the case here....but we shall see....
Didn't charge me for injecting the rest of the Juvederm...although he did say that they usually charge another $50 for an injection fee if you come back and have it done...