Extremely Puffy Under Eyes.

I had Juvederm injections about a year and a half...

I had Juvederm injections about a year and a half ago under my eyes to correct the dark circles. At first I really loved it. My eyes looked great and the dark circles were gone.

About 9 months after the injections, I noticed some puffyness starting to appear under both eyes. I didnt know why it was happening and I noticed that it seemed to be getting worse as time went on. Now its been a year and a half and the puffyness is really bad. I am so embarrased and don't want to take my sunnglasses off when I go out. Why is this happening? Is this a common side effect of Juvaderm? I never had this kind of puffy look under my eyes before, just dark circles. Nothing seemes to make it any better either. At night I have to sleep with 3 pillows and can only lie flat on my back to try to keep the fluid from building up. This works sometimes, but not always. Do you have any suggestions for me? I really hate the way my eyes look now.

I went in to the office to ssee what I could do about a frown line on my forehead and the doctor suggested that I focus on a filler for my under eyes. I didn't have time to do any reasearch and didn't know what the long term effects would be. Now I wish that I had waited.

Your welcom! I wish you the best of luck. Hand in there.

Thank you very much for your time in answer me. I'm really happy that finally you found a solution and now your eyes are great again.

Good lesson to learn. Just apreciate ourselves as we are!! God bless you!!
I just had to wait it out. Sleep on your back with extra pillows, thats what I did and it helped a little. It will go away! Dont wast your money or time as I did on expinseve creams, they did nothing for me. I tried ice packs, they didn't work either. My story is the same as yours, my eyes looked great at first, after about nine months the puffyness started and it was about another 9 monthe before it went away. I couldnt go anywhere without sunglasses. I was devistated!! I learned a lesson, god made you the way you are and just stick with that. I can tell you that today my eyes look nothing like they did when I was dealing with the side effects of Juvaderm. So sorry that you had to go through this as well. Stay positive and just be patient. I know what it feels like. You WILL be fine. Best of luck.
At least, did you do any treatment about or it disolved naturally?

Thanks
Much better! No puffiness at all. I guess you just have to wait it out, but I will never do it again and sugest that no one else does either!!!
Thank you so much for answer me. Really I'm a bit scared about this.

At the moment I don't have these permanent bags, I only feel them when I wake up in the morning. But I'm reading opinions like your, and I'm sacared with this. I hope nothing worst happens to me, but I'm not gonna do it again, for sure
Have u got any good news about? Could you find any solution?

How goes it now? I did juvederm under my eyes too, and now I'm scary
As scary as it sounds , After 2 years of hating the way i looked, i had restalyne injected below the area of puffiness to fill in the indentation that had been created. I love it. I finally look like myself again. Not suggesting this for everyone but or me, it ended 2 years of hating how I looked.
So do you trust lawyers, politicians, businessmen, catholic priests...Doctor do not make the money you claim they make. Because there are some unscrupulous ones or uncaring ones out there, you extend that blanket statement upon all of them. It demonstrates an extremely myopic view. Lets see.. 4 years of college...4 years of medical school...at least 3 years of residency and approximately 200 to 250 K in debt...The problem is not with doctors making money...The last I checked we were in a country that became a superpower through capitalism. The problem is with certain individuals not caring about their patients as well as patients with an extremely distorted self image willing to undergo unnecessary procedures to feel like they belong. Filler injected in any areas even by the most experience physician can result in side effects such as those described here. If you have 0 tolerance, then DO NOT do the procedures. CHeck your provider and ask for references. Ask for before and afters and if you do not feel comfortable DO NOT do it. People need to take responsibility for their actions, both patients and physicians.
Sorry sweepea. :) No i don't trust any of those. I am sure there are a few good catholic priests out there, and maybe a few decent lawyers (pro bono mostly from my experience) but as a rule, I am wary of every one of the items you mention. When people get burned enough, they ARE wary, sweetikins. Additionally, I am not nearly as myopic as you may be. I actually TEACH MD students and see, not only the students, but those who have gone on, can be quite egoistic and money hungry. I know in my heart there are a few out there who are good-hearted and want to do it for the good and honest reasons, but those are few and far between, unfortunately. It is not just plastic surgeons I am referring to. I totally understand school debt, but that $3,500,000 house and beamers in the driveway don't quite count as "school debt." Get yourself on track before you belittle someone you have no idea to whom you are directing your insults, dear.
Krystal
Nice way to make generalizations about doctors. Some of them actually save lives. When you get any types of procedures, there is usually a risk. Especially, for elective, cosmetic, and often unnecessary ones. Sometimes, even in the most experienced hands, complications can occur. Maybe if people did their due diligence and researched the procedures and the practitioners, their vanity would not allow them to make rash decisions.
Again, i don't trust doctors. The best way these days is to go in wary. If there is a good one who can save your life, awesome. But today, it is more about making money over the welfare of the patient in far too many cases, be it health or cosmetic. You are right tho: Everyone should diligently reearch and find patients of the doctors they are interested in. If enough people stayed away from the bad ones, we could essentially drive them out of business where they belong. No matter what, it is inexcusable for any business person (MD or not) to botch something up and not want to take responsibility for it. Especially if they are botching up people's faces and do not care to leave the person like that. Inexcusable.
I don't trust doctors. Too many are greedy. Proceed with caution when you visit them. I went to one Board Certified Plastic surgeon 3 years ago for Juve, and he suggested that he start cutting on my face to "lift" my eyes. There is nothing wrong with my eyes other than a lil need for Juve. Funny nobody else I know thinks I need to lift my eyes. Remember, doctors chose this profession. Many of them chose it for the $$ and will recommend surgeries and procedures that you neither need nor want. Buyer beware.
I only had Botox on my forehead.
Have you had botox in bunny lines and crows feet (either at the same time as the juvederm or after the juvederm)?
I too have been to see three PS for a consult and the only answers I got were that I needed to have some type of eye surgery. The last visit I went to I bought a $65 eye cream. The Dr told me to gently massage under my eyes each night to help break down the remaining Juvaderm. I also did this for about a month with no results. I guess that the Juvaderm tends to just sit under the eye because of the lack of muscle and movement in that area. Well one day I was looking for an answer to my problem AGAIN and I read something about anti wrinkle/under eye creams and how they work to rehydrate the area where they are applied. I thought well, we do know that Juvaderm causes fluid retention in the areas where it was injected, could these same areas retain fluid through applying a hydrating eye cream? I wish I could remember where I saw this, but anyway it was suggested to STOP applying under eye creams. I thought, WOW that might work. Well I have not used under eye cream for about a month and my eyes look allot better. I also have been making sure to only get 7 1/2 to 8 hours of sleep at night . I notice that if I sleep more that that they will puff back up. I am still sleeping with 3 pillows and mostly on my back, so it's not completely back to normal, but there is a big change in the look of my eyes. Please let me know if you decide to try this and if it works for you too. I would love to know if this is the answer or is it just a coincidence.
I have the same issue 6 months post juvaderm in tear troughs. The discoloration and puffiness is actually below the tear troughs. I am so self concious and look awful. I have been to several PS's and no one has an answer on what to do to correct it. Please let me know if you find an answer. i don't think Vitrase is the answer as it is actually getting worse as the juvaderm dissolves.
I'm 37 now, 35 at the time. Not too sure on the amount the doctor used. I know it was one small syringe used on both eyes and frown line. That price also included botox for my forehead. I never had puffy eyes before those injections, just dark circles. I first noticed something different after a crying episode. I had this strange puffyness I had never seen before. I have heard that juvaderm may increase fluid retention in the area where it has been injected.
How old are you? how much did you have injected?