Extremely Puffy Under Eyes.

I had Juvederm injections about a year and a half...

I had Juvederm injections about a year and a half ago under my eyes to correct the dark circles. At first I really loved it. My eyes looked great and the dark circles were gone.

About 9 months after the injections, I noticed some puffyness starting to appear under both eyes. I didnt know why it was happening and I noticed that it seemed to be getting worse as time went on. Now its been a year and a half and the puffyness is really bad. I am so embarrased and don't want to take my sunnglasses off when I go out. Why is this happening? Is this a common side effect of Juvaderm? I never had this kind of puffy look under my eyes before, just dark circles. Nothing seemes to make it any better either. At night I have to sleep with 3 pillows and can only lie flat on my back to try to keep the fluid from building up. This works sometimes, but not always. Do you have any suggestions for me? I really hate the way my eyes look now.

Your welcom! I wish you the best of luck. Hand in there.

Thank you very much for your time in answer me. I'm really happy that finally you found a solution and now your eyes are great again.

Good lesson to learn. Just apreciate ourselves as we are!! God bless you!!
I just had to wait it out. Sleep on your back with extra pillows, thats what I did and it helped a little. It will go away! Dont wast your money or time as I did on expinseve creams, they did nothing for me. I tried ice packs, they didn't work either. My story is the same as yours, my eyes looked great at first, after about nine months the puffyness started and it was about another 9 monthe before it went away. I couldnt go anywhere without sunglasses. I was devistated!! I learned a lesson, god made you the way you are and just stick with that. I can tell you that today my eyes look nothing like they did when I was dealing with the side effects of Juvaderm. So sorry that you had to go through this as well. Stay positive and just be patient. I know what it feels like. You WILL be fine. Best of luck.

I went in to the office to ssee what I could do about a frown line on my forehead and the doctor suggested that I focus on a filler for my under eyes. I didn't have time to do any reasearch and didn't know what the long term effects would be. Now I wish that I had waited.