Revision After Implant Deflation - Encino, CA

I had my first breast augmentation in 2000. I...

I had my first breast augmentation in 2000. I absolutely loved the result and was disappointed when my left implant deflated 14 years later. Yes, 14 years is long time without a worry. Still, I hadn't planned on having surgery. Unlike my first augmentation, I was terrified about going under the knife.
I was also nervous about changing the type and texture of my implant. For my first surgery, my surgeon, Dr. Stephen McNeese, insisted on using a textured, anatomical, saline implant. He was truly an expert at this type of breast augmentation. In 2000, he was the only surgeon I met who was comfortable with this type of implant. 14 years later, the same was true. Since Dr. McNeese retired in 2012, it was time to adjust perspective. I hate all change and this attitude applies to implants as well.
It took me a long time (approximately one month after deflation) to find the "right" surgeon to perform my revision augmentation. I highly recommend that women who experience implant deflation choose to have their revision ASAP. During that my month, the capsule surrounding the deflated implant tightened and hardened. It was uncomfortable. I was aware of this risk but felt finding the "right"surgeon for me was the priority. I have the utmost respect for my surgeon, Dr. Stephen Bresnick, and do not regret taking the extra time.
When I met Dr. Bresnick, I knew he was the perfect combination characteristics. He is extremely experienced and knowledgeable, confident without seeming obnoxiously arrogant, able to communicate clearly, and able to listen attentively. He also appeared genuinely invested in his work.
Dr. Bresnick performed my revision breast augmentation with open capsulectomy on February 24th. Although he planned on inserting a drain into my left side, he felt a drain was unnecessary. Two days after surgery, I noticed some additional swelling on my left side. I immediately called Dr. Bresnick and he saw me within the hour. Dr. Bresnick reassured me that the swelling would decrease over time.

17 Days Post-Op

Everything seems to be healing well. I still have some swelling in my left breast. My left breast is also a little softer and fuller than my right. My doctor told me that this is due to the capsulectomy. He prescribed asthma medication to help my right breast drop and loosen up a bit. Hopefully, as I continue to heal, the differences between my breasts will become negligible.

4 weeks post-op update

Since taking Zafirlukast, breast symmetry has greatly improved. My right breast is noticeably softer. I am definitely happy with the result but still prefer the shape of anatomical implants. Compared to textured implants, smooth implants are much softer and move freely. Both types of implants have their advantages. I just like the aesthetic appearance of teardrops.
Recovery has been beyond easy. I had such a painful recovery the first time around. I almost can't believe the difference. I've had to constantly remind myself that I had surgery and must be careful. At this point, scar healing is my only concern.

Disappointment with Final Result - Considering Revision to Correct Asymmetry

I believe Dr. Bresnick has the skill and experience. He simply didn't make the effort or take the time to fine tune his work. Quite frankly, his work is inexcusably sloppy. Perhaps, operating on patients five days per week takes a toll. I would have appreciated a few minutes of his time during my post-op appointment. Had Dr. Bresnick taken a moment to check his work, he might have prevented his nurse from removing my stitches prematurely (see image below).

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

After living with my new implants for over a year, I am strongly considering a revision surgery. The end result is asymmetrical, noticeably so in and out of clothing. I am completely dissatisfied and willing to spend an additional 15K to improve the result. As strange as this sounds, I miss my former implants everyday. It feels like such a loss. I believe Dr. Bresnick has the skill and experience. He simply didn't make the effort or take the time to fine tune his work. Quite frankly, his work is inexcusably sloppy. I have a consultation with a different PS in September. I am fairly confident that he will be able to determine what went wrong during my 2nd BA surgery. I will update my review after meeting with him. I have not met with Dr. Bresknick to discuss my dissatisfaction and I don't intend to at a later date. Dr. Bresnick failed to provide me with a satisfactory result. I see no reason to provide him with the opportunity to fail twice. If RealSelf has taught me anything, it's that dissatisfaction compels looking forward to a better outcome. Looking back ensures a case of history repeating.