Revision After Implant Deflation - Encino, CA

I had my first breast augmentation in 2000. I...

I had my first breast augmentation in 2000. I absolutely loved the result and was disappointed when my left implant deflated 14 years later. Yes, 14 years is long time without a worry. Still, I hadn't planned on having surgery. Unlike my first augmentation, I was terrified about going under the knife.
I was also nervous about changing the type and texture of my implant. For my first surgery, my surgeon, Dr. Stephen McNeese, insisted on using a textured, anatomical, saline implant. He was truly an expert at this type of breast augmentation. In 2000, he was the only surgeon I met who was comfortable with this type of implant. 14 years later, the same was true. Since Dr. McNeese retired in 2012, it was time to adjust perspective. I hate all change and this attitude applies to implants as well.
It took me a long time (approximately one month after deflation) to find the "right" surgeon to perform my revision augmentation. I highly recommend that women who experience implant deflation choose to have their revision ASAP. During that my month, the capsule surrounding the deflated implant tightened and hardened. It was uncomfortable. I was aware of this risk but felt finding the "right"surgeon for me was the priority. I have the utmost respect for my surgeon, Dr. Stephen Bresnick, and do not regret taking the extra time.
When I met Dr. Bresnick, I knew he was the perfect combination characteristics. He is extremely experienced and knowledgeable, confident without seeming obnoxiously arrogant, able to communicate clearly, and able to listen attentively. He also appeared genuinely invested in his work.
Dr. Bresnick performed my revision breast augmentation with open capsulectomy on February 24th. Although he planned on inserting a drain into my left side, he felt a drain was unnecessary. Two days after surgery, I noticed some additional swelling on my left side. I immediately called Dr. Bresnick and he saw me within the hour. Dr. Bresnick reassured me that the swelling would decrease over time.

17 Days Post-Op

Everything seems to be healing well. I still have some swelling in my left breast. My left breast is also a little softer and fuller than my right. My doctor told me that this is due to the capsulectomy. He prescribed asthma medication to help my right breast drop and loosen up a bit. Hopefully, as I continue to heal, the differences between my breasts will become negligible.

4 weeks post-op update

Since taking Zafirlukast, breast symmetry has greatly improved. My right breast is noticeably softer. I am definitely happy with the result but still prefer the shape of anatomical implants. Compared to textured implants, smooth implants are much softer and move freely. Both types of implants have their advantages. I just like the aesthetic appearance of teardrops.
Recovery has been beyond easy. I had such a painful recovery the first time around. I almost can't believe the difference. I've had to constantly remind myself that I had surgery and must be careful. At this point, scar healing is my only concern.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

A truly skilled surgeon. Dr. Bresnick is extremely experienced and knowledgeable, confident without seeming obnoxiously arrogant, able to communicate clearly, and able to listen attentively. He is genuinely invested in and passionate about his work. I am not the easiest of patients. I am extremely vigilante and contacted him with every concern. He called me back immediately and met with me within an hour to assess my post operative progress. My only gripe is that Dr. Bresnick's nurse met with me during my scheduled post operative visits. She also removed my stiches. Personally, I would have more comfortable if Dr. Bresnick checked my stiches before they were removed. Nevertheless, I couldn't be happier with my results. Dr. Bresnick is an artist!