Nightmare - Edison, NJ

Having rhinoplasty by Andrew Miller was the...

Having rhinoplasty by Andrew Miller was the BIGGEST mistake I've ever made. During my consult I was told little would be done to my nose, we would remove the hump and make it a little less pointy. I was unhappy with my nose, but never disgusted by it. I was still able to feel pretty and more importantly, happy. Since having the procedure about 5 months ago I've never been so unhappy in my life. I am only willing to see people I absolutely have to, I hate to go out, I hate looking in the mirror. My husband and I are constantly on edge with one another because of how this has made me feel. The are the hump was removed is lumpy and the left side of my nose has an indent, the nostrils are uneven, my right side is slanted more than the left, and the tip is the worst part, it is huge and pinched in appearance. I sent Andrew Miller an e-mail on 2 separate occasions with a before picture next to the after and he told me it looked like everything was healing well... I then made an appt to see him in his office, I hade to drive 5hrs for, to meet with him for 5 minutes. He acted as though nothing was wrong with it and when I pointed out the tip and how it looked in photos he said "most photos are taken from the side anyway". Own what you've done wrong. He had to leave the office to go look for who I was and when the procedure was done. Extremely unprofessional. It has been a horrible experience, and I cannot stress horrible enough, from start to finish. My life is a disaster bc of it. Currently looking surgeons to fix it. Do not use this surgeon'
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Andrew Miller, I can't really call him a doctor, he needs some professionalism and needs to learn how to interact with humans on a human level.

Hi Jbiomb, Im sorry to hear it didnt work out, I was actaully going to him for a consult. Can you post pics ??
Hey I'm sorry to hear about this. I also had a surgery with him about 3 years ago. Wasn't a horrible outcome but I was left with a small indentation on one side of my nose and a little extra bone on the other (you can see pictures on my review). He did give me a few drops of silicone in the indentation but was not very receptive to my complaints. Also had fat grafting which didn't last long. I am considering a revision at this point.
Well, I'm glad you had a better outcome with him. I don't feel he is willing to admit when something doesn't look right or isn't healing correctly. And if he can't even admit, "hey, you're right, it didn't turn out how i wanted it to", then I can't trust him to fix anything. It was the biggest mistake I've made in my life thus far.
I'm so sorry to read about your experience. I also had my nose done by Dr. Miller, so far Im happy with everything but now reading your story Im just so glad that that whole thing is behind me. I remember researching all the different surgeons and driving myself insane trying to pick the best one... Would you consider having another consultation with him and see if he can fix it?
Absolutely not. Thank you for the kind words. But if Dr. Miller "can't see" what is wrong with it, I wouldn't trust him to fix it. Thinking back I should have thought about the whole thing, I never would have gotten the procedure at all. And when I did meet with him following the procedure and I asked when I could have revision, he told me 6 months. Now if 30 surgeons say to wait at least a year, 6 months doesn't sound right to me. Now I just have to find someone I can trust.
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
I'm very sorry to hear that the same things that happened to me, happened to you. I know how bad you must feel and I'm very sorry. I recall crying very hard every morning as I drove to work for about the first 3 months. Without seeing your photos, it is hard for me to give any specific advice but I would like to say noses can change for up to 2 - 3 years after a rhinoplasty as swelling can last a ridiculously long time, especially if a lot of work/changes were done. I'm hoping it gets better for you, because the longer you can wait before your revision, the better. Most surgeons will make you wait a minimum of one year. You should be able to get a lot of support and hopefully good advice here on RealSelf. Thank you for posting and I hope you keep us updated.
Very sad to read your story. Please don't stress out. Hopefully your nose can be fixed. Please keep us updated.
Thank you.
I am so sorry to hear this - i hope you can find someone who can help
Thank you. So do I. It's just scary bc I feel like I can't trust anyone. I'll start seeing surgeons in the next 2 months.
Trust is important - once it has been broken, it is difficult to get back. Praying for you! :)