32 yrs, Thin Lips due to missing 2 incisors- Dublin, OH

My motivation to get Juvederm for my lips is...

My motivation to get Juvederm for my lips is because I receive a lot of unsolicited comments from friends, strangers, & coworkers asking me if I'm feeling okay. It's because my neutral expression (or concentrating) I look upset or bitchy. I'm also doing it for myself too. I now look refreshed and loving the results!

Pro:
Juvederm Ultra was used which has lidocaine in it. I faint whenever I have a shot or procedure done. For example I had LASIK twice, each time I broke out into a clammy sweat. Having the numbing creme & lidocaine in Juvederm Ultra helped a lot. Juvederm is temporary so if I don't like the results, it will go away over time.

Cons:
Expensive!

Outcome:
I'm very happy to have this done and love the results. It's only 1 day so I'll post more "after" photos next week. I no longer look like I'm struggling to smile.

The procedure itself was very simple but this is because Dr. Clinton's staff made it that way! :)
Entering the office, I had to check in. There wasn't a long wait which I was then escorted into a comfy side room. Dr. Clinton is very responsive to your needs. I was then asked to lay down and numbing creme was placed on my lips, ice & then the injections began. I was very nervous but Dr. Clinton & her staff made me feel comfortable and the injections did not hurt at all! I was worried that a dental block would have to be used (this was from me reading older reviews) but the numbing creme & Juvederm Ultra was all I needed. I'm sure the skill of the staff helped :) I did feel a little faint but Dr. Clinton & Eve always checked on me and made me very comfortable.

If you are thinking about doing this, do it!

Day 2

My lips are swollen and a little bruised. However I have no pain but it's still a little hard to drink without spilling pop all over myself.

1 more before pic

Here is one more before photo taken on my iPhone. Feel free to comment if you have any questions about the procedure.

Day 3 more bruising

There are more bruising above my upper lip on the left side. It's hard to tell in the pictures because of the flash. Not a lot of pain, lips still feel a little stiff. Recovery time is between 7-14 days so I have awhile. So far I'm happy with them! I noticed a slight bump but I think it will go away after awhile. I have a follow up appointment in a month and will bring up that issue. I'm a full-time student so I'm lucky where I don't have to have coworkers asking questions about the bruises. I talked to some of the staff members about this. They tell clients to just say, "I'm doing a new skin routine". I think that's a great idea. I may tell some of my close friends what I really did. Another excuse I may use is "dental work".

Day 23

The swelling & bruises went away after 7 days. Next week I have a follow-up appointment but will not get injections because I'm now pregnant. If I did chose to get an injection that this time, I know less of 1 syringe will be used so it's economical for me to wait 6-9 months.

I can still feel bumps on the injection sites inside my mouth. It doesn't bother me but I'm surprised because it's been almost a month. I'm still happy with the results and no one has noticed (well except my husband on day 2 lol!) Everyone else thinks I look well rested when they notice there is something different about me. I decided to tell one friend who had some procedures done but told no one else. My husband was likes the results now but was concerned I would appear vapid. However after the swelling went down, he realized how happy I was with the results and left it at that.
Dr. Carol Clinton

Dr. Carol Clinton, Dr. Lynne A. Eaton, & their staff are wonderful! Everyone made me very comfortable and I did not feel rushed.