PTSD from Rhinoplasty - Washington DC, DC

I had a septo-rhinoplasty last year. I am writing...

I had a septo-rhinoplasty last year. I am writing this to reach out to those out there who are thinking of having a rhinoplasty but are not entirely sure, or to those who have had this procedure and are experiencing severe depression/PTSD. Many people do not think about the risks, and I would be happy to share my experience. I did not have a "botched" surgery , nor do friends and family think I look that much different. However, the "slight" change had a huge unexpected effect on my life, and I would be happy to share my experience to help others in any way that I can. Those who have been diagnosed with PTSD/depression or anything similar from this procedure, please feel free to get in touch.

I'm so relieved to have found this thread. I am also one of the silent victims suffering from severe PTSD after a dreadfully botched rhinoplasty that was performed by a well-regarded NYC surgeon. What was supposed to have been a conservative bump removal has turned into an out of body, daily living hell. I have no joy, sense of self, or hope for the future. Most days I don't really want to live anymore. Would be happy to share experiences and support if you want to send me a private message. I really wish a critical mass of patients could get together and expose this terrible surgery for what it is and the devastating effects I am convinced it has on most patients/victims.
Thank you so much for sharing. I would love to one day start a group where we all speak to the public about this. Maybe a traveling speaking tour to target teenagers in school. Or maybe on a popular show that could reach thousands of people. I live in Kenya at the moment but am VERY serious in interested in arranging something like this one day. I can't tell you how much I understand your pain. Please do not give up on life. I felt like I wanted to do that several times. I had a revision and although I am not 100 % "me", I am doing better than before. I would love to chat with you. I will send you a private message now.
I'm currently taking meds for the extreme anxiety that my nose job gave me :/ it's been traumatic