Nova Southeastern University Braces - Davie, FL

Hi I am considering Nova Southeastern University...

Hi I am considering Nova Southeastern University Dental School for braces. They have a very straightforward process for getting them. First of all, there is a free screening where they decide whether you qualify for braces in their school. If they do decide you qualify, you have to return for a second appointment to take x-rays and records. This appointment costs $225 and takes about 1.5 hours. The orthodontic treatment, which starts after the records appointment, costs a flat fee of $3850 regardless of the case. The only thing is that their schedule is extremely packed; they could not even offer me a screening appointment for another two months. Also, I have been to Nova for other dental work and while the work is excellent, it can end up taking a whole afternoon. So if your regular orthodontist charges $4500 while Nova is $4050 total, if may be better to just stick with the regular guy because of the time and travel savings. Otherwise Nova is a good choice.

Would love to hear if you decided to go through with treatment, and if so what your experience has been so far.

Just curious where you are in the process; have you qualified for their program yet?

When I was getting dental services, I was advised that I was a good candidate for orthodontics at their clinic because I only have a little bit of crowding. So I think I will qualify. However, I have not gotten an official screening yet because they are so busy that they can't even waitlist people anymore. They said the earliest you can even call to ask for a screening is mid-April.