Don't Take Things for Granted - Dallas, TX

For years I have been insecure about my nose, and...

For years I have been insecure about my nose, and wanted to have a rhinoplasty to fix it. I did my research for several years and ended up finding a surgeon whom I thought would be a good fit for what I wanted done. I thought everything would go great especially with him being a rhinoplasty specialist, and The thought of a revision never crossed my mind until now. My nose was by no means awful but slightly too large for my face. It was wide and had a slight bump on the bridge as well as a slightly bulbous tip.

I'm now 9 months post op and I'm devastated about my results thus far. I now have a bridge that's too wide, an asymmetrical tip,a nostril that is difficult to breathe out of and, a scooped out profile.I feel that this decision has ruined my life. I now struggle with anxiety and depression. If I would have known this before hand, I would have never ever done this. Please don't take what god gave you for granted! Because a bad result is very devasting.

I went and looked at your pictures. You are so pretty! Before and after both!
Aw thank you:) I know it's not terrible but we are all own worst critic.
I feel like my case was a difficult one and maybe my communication on what I wanted was not clear. I hope he can revise it. He's a very nice, talented surgeon and I believe that rhinoplasty is a really difficult surgery to perform. My surgery involved osteonomies ( breaking the the nasal bones) and my bones did not set properly. I'm hoping a revision will help but it's always disappointing to pay money and not get exactly what you want the first time. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping something can be done. Ironically enough my before and after is on his website.. I'm the 7th from the bottom.. My result isn't awful but I think my before is better. Hopefully I can get a minor revision and be be more satisfied with my result.
I totally understand. Of course you were hoping to be happier with your nose, not feel like it looks worse! Especially after going through all the pain and discomfort of surgery. I hope you can get a minor revision, like you said, and that it turns out the way you hoped it would.
I'm so sorry that your results didn't turn out well. Looks like we have the same doctor. I really hope mine turns out well (my third surgery--gah!). Have you talked to him about your unhappiness with the results? If you do end up getting a revision with him hopefully he will do it for a lower cost. :/ What did you think of his office people?
Because of his expertise and great reputation and since you, yourself believe he is nice and genuine, I would talk to him about a revision. You may have a better idea of what you want and don't want this time so perhaps the communication will be better. A lot of doctors will often do revisions, if they performed the primary, for little or no cost. If it makes you feel better, you can go to other consults, but in my opinion, he's a hard doctor to top. There are other very skilled poplular doctors, but a lot of them have mixed reviews and it will cost you a lot less to stick with the same doctor. I think it's impossible for a doctor who has done so many rhinos to have a 100% satisfactory rate. I understand how depressing this is as I am going through the same thing and think about my nose way too much. Going through another nose job is the last thing anyone wants to do but on the other hand, I would love to be able to breathe again and look more like my old self, if possible. Looking forward to seeing your pictures to see what about your nose, you're unhappy with. Good luck.
It's very nice to know I'm not alone out there. At this point I'm very scared about going back to him to revise it. I don't want to make this issue worse... I'm so puzzled as to why I am the fluke in this case because I can't find a negative review about him. Should I go back to have him revise it? Or do you believe I should look else where? I've never been so low about something in my life and, like you, looking at old pictures right now is very difficult for me. I just want to have a day where I don't have to think about my stupid nose. I'll post pictures soon.
I completely understand. I appreciate your honesty. I'm in the same boat...I should not have done this because I never hated my nose...I thought I would have a small change done and ended up looking like someone else. Now that I look at all my old pictures I wish that I could look like that again. Funny how we don't appreciate what we have until it is gone.

You do have one of the best surgeons. Have you spoke to him about a revision? I have met two ladies on here that had their revisions done by him and they are thrilled. I am hoping to have a consultation with him soon. I read so many good reviews about him. Hope you feel better soon and keep us posted. Take care.
I really hate posting a negative review because he was so nice and genuine. His name is Dr. Cochran.. I'm just really sad and disappointed.

I'd love it if you'd post photos so we can visualize what you're describing.

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. You had surgery around the same time I did. Would you be willing to share the name of your doctor and perhaps some before after photos so we can have a better idea of what you're talking about? I know of a good Rhinoplasty Specialist in your area, which is most likely the same doctor. I was considering him for my revision. I understand that there is not going to be one doctor with 100% patient satisfactory and that there is always going to be some risk but the thought of another failed surgery is too much. I also regret my surgery and miss the way I used to look. My new nose is a mess and is just not me. I do hope it continues to change and get better for you over time. Thank you for sharing.