Dr Spencer Cochran Revision Rhinoplasty - Extraordinary Surgeon!! - Dallas, TX

I was unhappy with the final outcome of my...

I was unhappy with the final outcome of my original rhinoplasty surgery. After a few years I had two consultations with leading surgeons but I did not feel 100% comfortable or confident to proceed with surgery. However after 5 years I found Dr Spencer Cochran and had revision rhinoplasty surgery. My only regret is not finding him when I initially considered rhinoplasty. This has been a different experience than my first surgery and it has been seamless.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Spencer Cochran is an extraordinary surgeon!!! I would highly recommend Dr Cochran to anyone who is considering rhinoplasty. Just have a consultation. My only regret is that I did not have Dr Cochran perform my original rhinoplasty. My sister and I were looking for a revision rhinoplasty surgeon as we had had two consultations previously both in Australia and the States, but did not feel 100% comfortable to proceed with surgery. We had given up finding the best surgeon for us. Occasionally I would search the internet for revision rhinoplasty surgeons. Late December 2012 I chanced upon an out-dated forum discussing revision rhinoplasty which Dr Cochran’s name was mentioned throughout. I searched and read every review about Dr Spencer Cochran to current and I discovered his patients could not speak more highly of him. Although I hoped that all reviews were genuine I also remained sceptical as they are all positive and did not wish to get my hopes up. What I liked and valued the utmost in my research is the fact that Dr Spencer Cochran only performs rhinoplasty surgery, is Board Certified and his background as a nasal surgery specialist. I decided to proceed with an internet consultation which was thoroughly explained on The Gunter Center’s website. Two days later I received my internet consultation which stated that I would be a candidate for rhinoplasty revision surgery but needed an in person consultation with 3D imaging before surgery. I was also pleasantly surprised about the quote I received from Dr Cochran’s office. I understand to perform a revision rhinoplasty is more expensive than an original rhinoplasty as it is a more complicated operation. Compared to what I paid in Australia to the States, especially with Dr Cochran’s experience and reputation, the facilities and staff at the Texas Institute for Surgery there was hardly any difference in cost which surprised me as I assumed that it would be considerably more expensive. I travelled from Australia to Dallas (a long flight but definitely worth it) and the next day had 3D imaging and an in person consultation with Dr Cochran. I thought if I was not 110% satisfied with Dr Cochran then I would have a holiday and not proceed with the surgery even if I could not receive a refund. However, Dr Cochran is the nicest person you could meet. He is extremely professional, personable, kind, caring, compassionate and polite. Dr Cochran never rushed us during our consultations and made us both feel totally at ease immediately. Dr Cochran really listens to what you have to say and also asked questions to gain an understanding of what I did not like about my nose. He also provided his expert opinion and used the 3D imaging to demonstrate before and after photos and also provided a copy of before and after from various views and also an enlarged side view to literally demonstrate the changes. Dr Cochran is an extremely approachable person and also realistic with rhinoplasty (creates a nose that fits your face which complements your features, not someone having a large roman nose to a small button nose) stated during the consultation that he would stay in the operating theatre as long as required in order to achieve the best result. He is not a surgeon who has an allocated time of one hour and then rushes to be finished in time. Dr Cochran is extremely passionate about what he does and it shows!! Dr Cochran was very thorough in explaining medical terms and what I could expect before, during and after surgery. Dr Cochran also advised that if I had any questions before surgery which was two days later to contact the office and he would speak to me or fit me in before then and also advised that I could also speak to him before surgery. The Gunter Centre’s staff were fantastic, very informative and helpful; especially Marilyn, Jan and Jane who ensured our consultations, follow-up appointments, queries and surgeries went smoothly. The Texas Institute for Surgery is outstanding. From having our blood taken (Thanks to Rochelle, Nancy, Cydell and Barbara), to registering and admittance paperwork on the day of surgery (Thanks Gina G) and also the lovely nurses and anaesthetist (Thanks Brad P, Susan, Steve, Meg, Nancy, Sharyn, Janet and Lesley) and staff (Ann). Whilst talking to staff at the Texas Institute for Surgery, they all advised that Dr Cochran has patients from all over the world that come and have surgery there. I thought that the majority of people would think that we were weird for travelling all the way from Australia just to see Dr Cochran. Dr Spencer Cochran has the BEST bedside manner of any doctor/surgeon I have met. After surgery (when he spoke to my sister), at my follow up appointment for splint and suture removal, and on the day of my sister’s surgery, Dr Cochran was genuinely excited about the outcome of my rhinoplasty and the fact that the swelling had subsided considerably and also what it would look like in the future. Dr Cochran treats patients like they are people instead of dollars.

I would love to see photos please email me....

Thanks for your doctor testimonial. If you'll come back and update your review with more information about YOU, your procedure, and recovery I can file it in the rhinoplasty community.

I was unhappy with my original rhinoplasty surgery. I had revision rhinoplasty. Recovery was fantastic, I had no bruising and no swelling in my face except for my nose which has continued to decrease with each week post surgery. I followed instructions from Dr Cochran and took a few supplements to assist with bruising and swelling which definitely worked!! It was like night and day from my original surgery to my revision surgery. I honestly did not even think I had a cast on at first, I had no pain at all, I started eating normally straight after surgery when I arrived back at hotel.
Hi there, when was your surgery and did I understand correctly that you and your sister both had revision surgeries with him?  Did you both use the same surgeon for your primarys?  How long did you stay in Dallas?  So glad that you're happy so far...he has many great reviews.  Would you consider sharing photos?  What did you not like about your primary surgery?  Thank you for sharing your experience with us.  Looking forward to reading more about your recovery and hoping you'll share photos with us.
Hi, my revision rhinoplasty surgery was in March. Yes, we both had revision surgery with him and yes we did use the same surgeon for our primary rhinoplasty. We stayed in Dallas for a week until our cast and sutures were removed. We did not like width of nose, side profile but are thankful that it was an extremely conservative primary surgery as we did not require ear or rib grafts. It has not been four months yet and am not sure whether we will share photos but will not consider this until after four months.
That's so cool that you and your sister were able to do this together and share a hotel, etc.  Thanks for sharing...
I hope everything is going wonderfully! Thanks for sharing your full story!! Dr. C is truly unique and an outstanding person in this field!