Unsuccessful Surgery – Cumming, GA

Doctor was very professional at the time of first...

Doctor was very professional at the time of first consultation; however not informative. Since he was referred by another doctor, I accepted him as the surgeon. Surgery was unsuccessful and once he saw the results his attitude changed. He became disinterested in correcting the problem. He found every excuse to fault me for his mistake and just did not care. Very unusual for a doctor to conduct himself in this manner. I left and consulted with other surgeons who have informed me that it will be several surgeries to correct the problem. I do not usually write reviews; however, if my review helps one person, this review is worth writing. I should definitely have gone for a second opinion before placing my trust in this doctor.

Unsuccessful Surgery - Cumming, GA

Doctor was very professional at the time of first consultation; however not informative. Since he was referred by another doctor, I accepted him as the surgeon. Surgery was unsuccessful and once he saw the results his attitude changed. He became disinterested in correcting the problem. He found every excuse to fault me. Very unusual for a doctor to conduct himself in this manner. I left not breathing through my nose and facial deformity. I consulted with other surgeons who have informed me that it will be several surgeries to correct the problem. I do not usually write reviews; however, if my review helps one person, this review is worth writing. I should definitely have gone for a second opinion before placing my trust in this doctor.

Unsuccessful Nose Surgery -

Doctor was very professional at the time of first consultation; however not informative. Since he was referred by another doctor, I accepted him as the surgeon. Surgery was unsuccessful and once he saw the results his attitude changed. He appeared to no longer be interested. Very unusual for a doctor to conduct himself in this manner. I left not breathing through my nose and facial deformity. I consulted with other surgeons who have informed me that it will be several surgeries to correct the problem, and it is a serious problem. I should definitely have gone for a second opinion before placing my trust in this doctor, and definitely gone to a Head & Neck surgeon as they specialize in this type of surgery. I do not usually write reviews; however, if my review helps one person, this review is worth writing.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Professional at the time I consulted with him, and very arrogant and disinterested once the surgery went wrong. In one word - non-caring.

I have 3 surgeries scheduled with him next month and now im not so sure based on what ive been reading so far.. I seen that he had one lawsuit and lost. One of my surgeries is thru my ins company and the other 2 are out of pocket. I keep hearing that his prices are good, and I really cant go higher then what hes charging, so I don't know what to do. Im having a breast lift and skin removed on my arms and lower stomach from a major weight loss. Can anyone recommend somebody in Atlanta?
I will not refer you to a doctor, and that will be your decision; however, Dr. Lincenberg has two lawsuits against him. One several years ago for $350,000. If you go to RateMD + Dr. Lincenberg you will see reviews that are all posted and not just some as on other websites. I also visited with Dr. John Connors - a Harvard surgeon, who I liked and does your type of surgery. He does not charge for a consultation. There are several good surgeons in Atlanta, GA, and he has very good reviews. He was unable to take me as I have Medicare. If you have other insurance, he takes it. Again, I will not refer a doctor, but I would definitely suggest you get another opinion before you jump into surgery. Had I known what I did at the time of surgery, I would have left. I stress that I will not suggest you do not go t Dr. Lincenberg, but I certainly would go for another opinion. The thing I liked about Dr. Connors also was - when he could not take my insurance, he search for me for a doctor who could. Dr. Lincenberg is very professional until something goes wrong. I could hardly believe the manner in that he treated me once he saw the results. I left his office not breathing through my nose. He never called back. Again, get that SECOND opinion - it is very important. Dr. Moyer in Cumming, GA is also classified as good. However, I will not refer any doctor. Try Dr. John Connors for a consultation - it is free. You have nothing to lose in talking to him. Hope this helps - and at the end of the day, the decision is yours. I will also suggest - very important. If you go with Dr. Lincenberg, you want a copy of each office visit signed by him before you leave the office. You also want to take pictures of the surgery before and after. Go to - The Case of the Mismarked Nipples, as it is the lawsuit of Dr. Lincenberg. Hope this helps, and I wish you the best in your decision. Be very sure you trust the doctor. He has accused me of smoking as the cause - not true.
If you go to Dr. Connors, and do not like him, and him for a referral and he will do it. He is that type of doctor. His website Dr. John Connors, Atlanta, GA. Be very upfront with him. He has no complaints against him. Again, I am not referring him to you. I personally liked him but that is me and I have done a lot of research.
One last mention - do not allow yourself to be intimidated. If you are unsure, get another opinion. Once he did the first and second surgeries, and I saw his reviews, I told him about them and he gave me every reason that they were not so. As for the office staff, yes, they are nice and professional but they do not do the surgery. Call Dr. Connors and just ask for a consultation. You do not have to go with him, but it will give you better insight in making your decision.
I was scheduledfor a second opinion with a nose specialist and was talked out of going. It would have cost me $100. Wish I had paid it because I went to this surgeon after my surgeries, and he was the one for me. I regret being talked out of it. The $100 was worth it. Now I am looking at five surgeries to repair the problems.
Doctor John Connors does work with a patient financially, and if you decide to go elsewhere, he will refer you on. That is the one thing liked about him as he was the only doctor I visited to correct the problem who took the time to look for another doctor for me. Good luck in your decision and do not base it on Monies. Wish you the best.
I have 3 surgeries scheduled with him next month, which 1 is based off my insurance company and im paying for the other 2. Im nervous now that ive been reading his reviews and seen he had one lawsuit. It seems his prices are reasonable, Is there anyone else someone can refer me to for some reconstructive surgery after weight loss? Im getting my skin on my arms removed and also a breast lift. scared now...
I'm very sorry to learn about your unsuccessful surgery. You spent 20k for a rhinoplasty? I hope you find a skilled doctor that you trust to correct the problem. You are in my prayers. Please keep us posted.
Thank you so much for your concern and I will update here as soon as I have the surgeries. The insurance company paid most and I paid some of that fee. It was reconstructive surgery after removal of basil cell carcinoma. I have since been to two good surgeons that I very comfortable with as they specialize only in facial & reconstruction surgery. So, knowing this, I am confident, as this is their field and they perform this surgery frequently. Again, thank you so much.
I'm glad you found these tw experienced surgeons. Good luck and be well.
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I was one day away from having my surgery and my gut told me to cancel. Now I'm searching for the right doctor. Do you have pictures of your nose before and after? Take good care.
I would prefer not to show you the picture as it will require five surgeries to somewhat repair and get me breathing. I would advise you to go for at least two consultations before you choose a doctor. If you do not feel comfortable with the doctor at consultation - leave. I do not know where you are from. I am in Cumming, GA ad there are two specialist in this field that I went to and liked after leaving this doctor. However, I would not refer you to anyone as I do not want to be responsible. One of the doctors is Burke Robinson in Alpharetta, GA- I liked him myself. He is a Head & Neck surgeon & double board surgeon in Rhinoplasty (nose). There is a difference between a Double Board Surgeon & a Double Board Nose Surgeon. The one I mentioned I liked and would go to. Again,I am not telling you to go to him. I would suggest you go to a Head & Neck Surgeon as they specialize only in the face, nose, ear, etc. That is the only surgeries they do. I wish I had know that at the time. I hopethis helps. I would not worry if I were you as I have seen a few nose surgeries and they are good. Another good one is Mike Majmundar -and he is strictly for the face also and both these doctors are up front in telling you what to expect. All you need to do is ask what you will look like. Do not be concerned as the surgery is good if you have the right doctor. Both these doctors charge $100 for the consultation but put it towards the surgery if you go with them. I am truly wanting to help you, and hopefully this helps. If you need anything further, please let me know.
I do not want to send you a picture as I do not want to upset you. I have a deformity and the surgeries will correct it. Go for a consultation with a Head & Neck - Double Board Nose Surgeon. The two I gave you are just that.
One last mention - if your gut feeling is to cancel, you may want to go with it. I had a gut feeling when I was in Dr. Lincenberg's office, but went with him as the dermatologist said he refers him. I should have gone with my gut feeling too.
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!