So Depressed and Regretful...- Crab Orchard, KY

Hello. I never thought I'd ever get a tattoo. It...

Hello. I never thought I'd ever get a tattoo. It crossed my mind several times but I always talked myself out of it. However, almost a week ago I was feeling impulsive and got one. It is a small word tattoo on my forearm. I regretted it as soon as I got it. Ive been crying ever since. I cant sleep, eat, or go on with my life. Every second it is on my mind. The tattoo is black and exactly two inches long but is very thin. The letters themselves are very thin. I was wondering how long I'd have to wait to begin the treatment? Will it be able to come off completely? My anxiety is so terrible I wish I could go back and stop myself. I cant wait until this is a distant memory.

Anxious to begin treatment!

Hey there. To begin with, I'd like to thank everyone who has either commented or responded to me. You don't know how much I appreciate it! I am so thankful for that and I am so glad I found this community, I don't know how I would have gotten through the first few days of my stupid, impulsive mistake. Anyway, I found a doctor in my area who uses the picosure laser and I will definitely be going to him. However, since my tattoo is so new I have to wait a little longer. I am so anxious to put this mess behind me. The only thing really bothering me is the thought of scarring and the area looking worse than it does now. Honestly, I don't think my tattoo is THAT terrible, I just don't like tattoos on myself. I never thought I'd actually get one! At least if I would have chosen a less visible spot, but nope! I decided to have it done on my forearm! Ugh, I wish I didnt let myself get sucked into the idea. One positive thing though, getting this tattoo has tought me to THINK before I do things and is helping me break away from my impulsive nature. Although this is very painful emotionally and mentally, I know there are way worse things. Anway, thanks again! I'll post pics after my first treatment :)

Moments after getting the tatt.

Feeling extra down today.

Sorry for constatntly complaining, but today I feel extremely depressed. I keep on telling myself that the tattoo isnt bad, but it is. I hate it so much. A "friend" of mine told me I looked like a holocaust survivor today and started to laugh when I showed him the tatt. This is why I havent shown anyone. The more I look at it I realize what a bad job the guy did. The part I hate the most is the 8, it looks like its floating away! I had a terrible panic attack at work and began to cry in front of everyone. So embarrassing. I cant wait to get this thing off of me. When I was about to get it I thought this tatttoo would help me because of the verse. It has done the exact opposite. Im about to cut this damn thing off myself. I cant even look at my arm. Where I live it is extremely hot, and wearing sleeves all day sucks. I keep on thinking about how.my dad told me like 20 min before to not get it, thay I would regret it. I wish I would have listened. I apologize for yet another rant, I feel so terrible today. I will attach a pic so you guys can see what I mean about the 8.

Decisions..

Hi guys, hope you are all doing well. I just wanted to quickly thank you all for sharing your stories and for support, as well as letting everyone know that I will not begin laser treatment right now. Even though I would love to begin, I know it is not the best choice at the moment, so I cancelled my appointment.. The place I work at is not doing well, so they drastically cut my hours. I mean like, I am working less than half the amount I used to. So I sat down with my dad and we spoke about it, and this time I am actually going to listen to him. Because I pay my own college classes, books, car, food, etc, I don't really have much to my name. *sigh* hopefully in a few months I can begin.. I really don't want to wait too long as I am going to graduate next year and I know my tattoo is going to interfere with my career. I am also hoping my tat will fade a bit by the time I get the first treatment. However, I will still be following your stories and showing support, and hopfully in a few months I won't have such a pitiful review. I wish the very best for all of you, take care and good luck :)

...also, when the time is right, you can find a place that allows you to pay per treatment vs. up front for "x" amount of treatments. Ive found that yes, you can get a discount like this, however for me per treatment has been more realistic.
Hi there...don't fret! Chris Day is right. It sounds as though your tattoo is ideal for removal, small and black. Budget your pennies and it can be done! From my own research generally its about $50/inch for Q-switched. This is what Ive seen in CA and CO. I cant speak to the Picosure. The cost of course varies per treatment depending on other factors, type of office, med center, etc. I have had the Medlite6 . Yes, $100 is a good amount of money but that first treatment will be worth it! Ink continues to fade for up to 6 months so getting one treatment makes a big difference, even if you cant go back right away. Always take the time to find a reputable place, read reviews, etc. This is important for the quality of healing and efficiency of the treatment. When you're ready it should be a relief that it wont break the bank. It's amazing when you think about where else you can cut corners to afford something else. Good luck!
Sorry to hear about your hours being cut, but I believe that life has a way of balancing things out and something good will come your way.

Keep us posted, love seeing you in the community - so keep chatting with us :)
I will definitely keep chatting with you all! This community has helped so much. Hopefully in a few months I will have some good news :)
Awesome :)
Good luck and stay positive...laser will always be there if you want it!!
Thanks! It is definitely some thing I want to have done. Hopefully in a few months I will have some good news to post!
Don't be depressed - your tattoo is tinny and the best colour to remove, just think of the tattoo as being a weight on your energy and just look forward to the feeling your going to have once removed because you will see great results. I feel the same but as the tattoo has faded so has my anxiety, some days I feel a sinking feeling in my gut, and others just fine. Please keep in touch with any thoughts.
Hey man, thanks for the comment. I know what you mean about some times having a sinking feeling and some times feeling okay.. I am looking forward to see this thing fade. Best of luck to you and your own journey!

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your emotions over this. I understand how awful it feels to have something on your skin that you dislike so much. I am on session #9 for tattoo removal of a much larger tattoo with color, and I second wha wilks1986 said, be glad it's so small. If you constantly think of the should have's (listen to your dad) you will not move forward....what's done is done, you can't predict how you would feel, and you certainly can't control the artists work. I would never have thought anything of the 8 till you pointed it out, really just looks like it's supposed to be that way. Negative thoughts and actions will do nothing to help you at this point so it's best to focus on positive thoughts and work towards a solution. I am so glad you are finding comfort on the site, hang in there :)

Thank you, Eva! I feel so hopeful some times and at other times I feel so terrible about this whole thing. I keep on thinking about how my arm will never be the same.. I feel like a huge dummy. I always knew I couldnt get a tattoo because I struggle with anxiety, I dont know what possessed me. Right now I dont see a light at the end of the tunnel :( Id do anything to go back to that day and stop myself..
Hey! Be thankful that you opted for such a small tattoo! Not only does that mean it'll cost less per treatment, but should also be easier to remove than a larger one. You also look to have relatively fair skin, which is good too. Have you booked a consultation yet?
Hey, I had booked one last week but had to cancel but I will be going in two weeks or so when my tattoo is healed :)

Thank you so much for sharing your story, I have heard great things about the Picosure. Please keep us posted on how things turn out and don't beat yourself up over this :)

I will definitely keep you guys updated! This community has helped me so much!
You should wait a few months after getting the tattoo before starting removal...not only to let the tattoo heal/fade on its own, but to be sure it's something you really, really want to do. Removal is a pain and takes a very long time. Yr right, yr tattoo is small..but outlines take the longest to remove. Check out my blog, I have a similar tatt (small, black outline only). And no I am not trying to deter you from removal, but rather I am trying to advise you of what removal entails. Get ready for the long haul and good luck!!!!
I want to get this thing off of me as soon as possible. I can't even look at it :/ its deff something I want to do... I dont even know how I can wait 5-6 full weeks! I really want to start as soon as possible I cant take it :(
That's cool, do what you what you have to do. Just know that removal requires a lot of patience too..but as long as you're doing what you need to to make yrself happy that's all that matters
And what i meant by waiting is that usually new ink fades naturally in the first few weeks/months, so getting laser too early would only target the ink that is naturally going to fade on its own. But you have to do what makes you the happiest! The pico is a good choice from what I hear :)
I know I should wait longer, but I seriously cant deal with it! But thank you for your input, I really appreciate it :) good luck on your own journey!!
Yr welcome, good luck!
have u thought of a cover up?
No thats not really an option for me. I dont want any tattoos, especially on my arm :/
I feel your pain . It's gonna be all good though .
I hope so!