Tattoo removal with the PicoSure- Crab Orchard, KY

Hello. I never thought I'd ever get a tattoo. It...

Hello. I never thought I'd ever get a tattoo. It crossed my mind several times but I always talked myself out of it. However, almost a week ago I was feeling impulsive and got one. It is a small word tattoo on my forearm. I regretted it as soon as I got it. Ive been crying ever since. I cant sleep, eat, or go on with my life. Every second it is on my mind. The tattoo is black and exactly two inches long but is very thin. The letters themselves are very thin. I was wondering how long I'd have to wait to begin the treatment? Will it be able to come off completely? My anxiety is so terrible I wish I could go back and stop myself. I cant wait until this is a distant memory.

Anxious to begin treatment!

Hey there. To begin with, I'd like to thank everyone who has either commented or responded to me. You don't know how much I appreciate it! I am so thankful for that and I am so glad I found this community, I don't know how I would have gotten through the first few days of my stupid, impulsive mistake. Anyway, I found a doctor in my area who uses the picosure laser and I will definitely be going to him. However, since my tattoo is so new I have to wait a little longer. I am so anxious to put this mess behind me. The only thing really bothering me is the thought of scarring and the area looking worse than it does now. Honestly, I don't think my tattoo is THAT terrible, I just don't like tattoos on myself. I never thought I'd actually get one! At least if I would have chosen a less visible spot, but nope! I decided to have it done on my forearm! Ugh, I wish I didnt let myself get sucked into the idea. One positive thing though, getting this tattoo has tought me to THINK before I do things and is helping me break away from my impulsive nature. Although this is very painful emotionally and mentally, I know there are way worse things. Anway, thanks again! I'll post pics after my first treatment :)

Moments after getting the tatt.

Feeling extra down today.

Sorry for constatntly complaining, but today I feel extremely depressed. I keep on telling myself that the tattoo isnt bad, but it is. I hate it so much. A "friend" of mine told me I looked like a holocaust survivor today and started to laugh when I showed him the tatt. This is why I havent shown anyone. The more I look at it I realize what a bad job the guy did. The part I hate the most is the 8, it looks like its floating away! I had a terrible panic attack at work and began to cry in front of everyone. So embarrassing. I cant wait to get this thing off of me. When I was about to get it I thought this tatttoo would help me because of the verse. It has done the exact opposite. Im about to cut this damn thing off myself. I cant even look at my arm. Where I live it is extremely hot, and wearing sleeves all day sucks. I keep on thinking about how.my dad told me like 20 min before to not get it, thay I would regret it. I wish I would have listened. I apologize for yet another rant, I feel so terrible today. I will attach a pic so you guys can see what I mean about the 8.

Decisions..

Hi guys, hope you are all doing well. I just wanted to quickly thank you all for sharing your stories and for support, as well as letting everyone know that I will not begin laser treatment right now. Even though I would love to begin, I know it is not the best choice at the moment, so I cancelled my appointment.. The place I work at is not doing well, so they drastically cut my hours. I mean like, I am working less than half the amount I used to. So I sat down with my dad and we spoke about it, and this time I am actually going to listen to him. Because I pay my own college classes, books, car, food, etc, I don't really have much to my name. *sigh* hopefully in a few months I can begin.. I really don't want to wait too long as I am going to graduate next year and I know my tattoo is going to interfere with my career. I am also hoping my tat will fade a bit by the time I get the first treatment. However, I will still be following your stories and showing support, and hopfully in a few months I won't have such a pitiful review. I wish the very best for all of you, take care and good luck :)

Consultion Tomorrow

Hi all, I just wanted to update and let you all know I have a consultation tomorrow. I've emailed several places before but I never actually had a doctor physically look at my tattoo. I have a million thoughts going through my head and I am starting to feel really depressed and scared again. I am afraid the "artist" went too deep and that the ink wont be fully removed, the chances of terrible scarring, loss of pigment, and so on. The tattoo is already scarred from the initial placement so that is really getting to me. That guy was an amateur, but in the end I can only blame myself. I decided to go to that shop and blindly let that guy tattoo me. I also was the one who wanted lettering on the most awkward location possible. These past few months I've gotten so used to wearing sleeves and to be honest, I kind of blocked this out. But now it feels real again.. ugh. I'm so nervouce now, I can't imagine how I'm going to feel the day before the first session. Also, is there any vitamins or anything I should be doing to prepare? Any input would be highly appreciated. Good luck to all and I will update when the time comes for my first treatment.

waiting

So i am waiting to get numbed for my first treatment. I am so nervous i feel like my heart id going to jump out of my chest. Wish me luck... ill update after

tattoo before

First treatment

So I just had my first treatment about an hour in a half ago. It went much better than expected! It did hurt but a lot less than I thought. I ended up not using any numbing crean, just ice before and after the procedure. The doctors office was great. Everyone there was very nice and helpful. I will post a pic in a few. I will also repost a before picture because I realize the one I had was crappy. Anyway, I'm so happy it got one treatment out of the way :)

pics

nasty little blisters :(

one week post first treatment

The redness and swelling have gone down, but I have not noticed much fading... the only thing Ive seen is just a small dot on the tip of the 5. But I guesd thats expected from just one treatment... hopefully I'll see some fading soon :/

two weeks post first session

All healed up but still no significant fading, hopefully I'll see some fading soon tho. So today at work I was having a casual conversation with a regular. This guy has a lot of tattoos, and the subject came up. He asked me if I had any so i responded to yeah, getting it removed tho. So he asked me to show him, and when I did he responded "yeah I see why you want to remove it" wow, way to kick me when Im down! Loool. Whatever. One day this thing will be gone...

pain

Ive been getting a cramping pain from my elbow to my wrist. Some times on my palm. I dont do any heavy lifting or anything that would cause this type of pain. Has anyone experienced this after starting tattoo removal?

day after session 2

This time around was much more painful, even though I had numbing this time. Also, it blistered A LOT worse this time. Hopefully I see some good fading though :)

One month after second treatment

Looks good! This is the timeframe when I start to notice fading.
Thanks! I was kind of expecting to see some more dramatic fading, but so far so good :)
Check in when it heals and let us know how it's going. Thanks
Will do :)
My tattoo is very similar to yours. Would love to see how it heals and best of luck to you!
Thanks! I'll post a pic as soon as it is completely healed. Good luck to you too!
Fantastic! I can't wait to see how things fade this time. :-)
I have a feeling this time I'll see some actual fading! Ill update soon :)
Looks like a solid treatment! Hope you start to see the magic happening soon :)
The dr told me doubled the power this time! I can already see some fading!! So exciting!!
This may sound strange but I get a similar cramping pain in my index finger when I cry really hard due to emotions. I haven't had it in years, but I always made the connection. Emotional pain can cause physical pain in the body, so if you're taking this "tattoo mistake" really emotionally hard then you may get physical symptoms. I'm no Dr. but I know what I've experienced in the past ;)
Hey! That might be the reason! Ive been stressing about how I see no fading so that deff may be the cause.
That is odd regarding the cramping pain, have you asked your doctor about it?
No I havent.. its been happening for abkout a week. If it continues I will have to
Hi there. I'm having my first picosure treatment in six weeks after having 14 q-switched sessions. I can't wait and I hope it wipes out most of the tattoo! If it helps, your tattoo is very small and it isn't really a tattoo that allows people to judge you. By this I mean it's a very neutral tattoo and I don't see anything wrong with it. There are much worse tattoos so please don't be too down about the whole thing. Remember that you're probably using the best laser available so you really are doing the best you can! I'm really keen to see how you get on over the next few weeks as my tattoo is black as well. Have a great weekend. :-)
Thank you so much for commenting :) Ive been following your review for a few months now, and I definitely think the picosure is the correft path fpr you to take. Right now the scabs are falling off, so I will update in about a week or two :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!
You're welcome. I say this a lot but being positive is the hardest part of tattoo removal. If you can master that it will be so much easier! Do as much as you can to keep your mind off it - even if you go for a run, which should help flush out the ink at the same time. Can't wait to see how your tattoo looks!
Hang in there, everyone responds differently and it takes time - keep us posted.
I'm finding it really hard to stay positive.. I feel almost as bad as when I first got it.
Sorry to hear you are feeling that way, I truly understand that it is difficult and it's hard to wait for the breakthrough to happen but it will happen. Remind yourself that you are in the process of treating your tattoo and it's not magic, set a mantra ( I believe in those dearly) something like "everyday my tattoo fades away" something positive and simple. Keep your chin up and smile, it's amazing how much more positive we can feel just when we smile.
Thank you so much for this comment, I really appreciate it. I hate how one day I feel so positive and then suddenly I feel so down about it (I feel that way 90% of the time) I know I shouldnt dwell on the past, but I cant forgive myself for being so stupid and not listening to those around me. I really hope I can laugh about this, hopefully sooner than later. I apologize for this long comment. The self pity is real lol
Don't be sorry, this isn't easy...I know that and I recall struggling just as you describe - trust me, getting over this regret was the hardest thing I ever had to deal with, in saying that when I  think back I realize how lucky I am that tattoo regret has been my biggest challenge in life so far.

Here is another tip I want to share with you, learn to report the situation to yourself rather than judge your situation and yourself -  there is a huge difference:
When you report you simply recognize and say what happened and how it makes you feel. "I am going through tattoo regret and it makes me feel angry and stupid"
When you judge yourself you are concluding that your feelings are correct and you add on more negative feelings, therefore limiting yourself from moving past this:
"I am am going through tattoo regret and I am so stupid"

Take care

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. You are right, theres worse things in life.. its amazing how some thing as simple as ink on skin can make us feel so horrible
Be patient. Although everyone is different, I usually don't see any fading until week 3 or 4. Hang in there.
Thank you! I was starting to freak out since the tattoo looks the same at the moment. I'm not sure what I was expecting lol