Starting Accutane in a Less Than a Month! - Covington, GA

I plan to keep you all updated on my Journey with...

I plan to keep you all updated on my Journey with Accutane. I went to the Dermatologist yesterday morning and told my doctor about how my acne hadn't gotten any better with the products I had previously been prescribed. She described my acne as mild to moderate but thinks that Accutane will help me tremendously. She told me about all of the side effects and asked if I was interested. I read and signed the papers and then took a pregnancy test and got my blood drawn. I go back on the 21st of next month for the same procedure and to get the pills. I plan on doing an update every month. Good luck to everyone who is already on this brave long journey!

Just what I'm looking like now!

Here are pictures of me now..one month before I start Accutane.

Starting Accutane this Thursday!

I just got back from my check up before I start Accutane. I had to give them blood and take a pregnancy test of course. My doctor told me what to expect and wished me the best of luck. I'm starting Thursday at 1 pill a day. After about 2 weeks on, I will give you guys another update. Wish me luck! :-)

Tiny Update

I ended up having to wait 4 days until I could actually get my pills! I was so mad lol. The CVS that I went to didn't accept electronic prescriptions so I had to get a paper one from my nurse. That was on Thursday, I waited until the next morning to call in and tell them to fax one over. They did that yesterday and I went to pick them up and they were only $10 to my surprise! :-) I'm starting at 40mg 1 pill a day. I took my first one yesterday. While I was at CVS I went ahead and bought some products that a fellow blogger recommended. (Cetaphil gentle face wash, lotion, antibacterial soap, and face moisturizer with 50 SPF, all by Cetaphil. I also got some Aquaphor healing therapy for my lips/nose and whatever else is extremely dry, oh and eyedrops!) All of that was around $50. I have to go back to the derma on the 11th since I'm going back to college shortly after that. If I experience anything between now and then I will update, if not I will update after my appointment! Adios ;-)

It's only the second day!

Ok so it's the second day and my ears are peeling I guess. Is that normal or? What? I'm probably overreacting lol but yeah.

Quick question for you experienced users!

So I have a sore throat. Is that normal? I read something saying it's because Accutane dries everything out and I need to drink more water but I don't know how accurate that is. Have any of you guys experienced this before?

1 Week in

I'm taking my 8th pill today. The first week wasn't too bad. I'm only experiencing extremely dry cracked lips (with sores at the corners of my mouth D-:), peeling skin, and I've gotten a few headaches. I think my skin is getting worse but it could be in my head lol I tend to over think EVERYTHING! Anyways..my next appointment with my Derma is next Monday so I'll update again then and let you all know what she's saying! :-)

1 Week in!

1 week on accutane. My pictures keep showing up sideways. Hopefully not this go round!

My lips are terrible!

My lips were ok first starting. I'm now on day 10 and they are horrible(not an exaggeration)! They are so chapped and cracked. I have developed sores in the corners of my mouth and it hurts to open my mouth and even smile. The carmex and aquaphor just aren't cutting it for me so today I ordered some Dr. Dans CortiBalm. Many dermatologists recommend it for accutane patients so I am going to give it a go. Hopefully it's better than the other stuff.

Final Dermatology visit before I go back to college!

I just got back from the dermatologist, my dermatologist said everything looks normal and pretty good. She did poke a few deep blackheads that I had on my forehead just to get them clean and going. She also upped me to 60mg per day starting after I finish my 40mg dosage. I'll let you guys know if anything changes! :-)

It's been a while!

Hey guys! So I know it's been a while (feels like forever) since I've updated. So let me fill you in. Closer to my 2nd month I decided to just stop taking accutane until I got situated with school and everything. Now that I am settles in I feel ready to start back up. So tomorrow I'm going to my new dermatologist and will start on 60mg a day. I will update 2-4 weeks after I start taking it! Here are a few pictures just so you guys can see my progress. Talk to you all soon! ;-)
Dr. Michelle Juneau

Love my doctor. She's super sweet.