Couldn’t Handle Swelling from Juvederm Under Eyes

Juvederm is a quality product but you should be...

Juvederm is a quality product but you should be careful. It doesn’t work on everybody. I had problems with Juvederm in my eye hollows. This after trying Restylane and having bad results too. The Juvederm did basically what the Resty did only it lasted longer. First I had good results for about two weeks after the swelling went down but then the Juvederm started to settle too low. So to picture it I had puffiness, hollowing, then puffiness again. I had no idea how this happened but this is what stuck with me for the six months that Juvederm lasts. I had better results with Juvederm in the rest of my face. I was happy with the results in my nasiolabial folds and have known a few people who had successes elsewhere with fine lines. But I do not recommend it for eye hollows. There are risks there that don’t exist in other parts of the face. If you’re sensitive you will react to it. There are injections you can get to reverse some effects but there are risks with these too. It’s no-win. With Juvederm you have to be careful too because there are so many different types. Make sure your doc is clear about what you’re getting so you know what to avoid if it has bad effects. Then you can try a different type later. I have thought about trying Juvederm in my lips too but I am waiting and saving for a filler that will last longer for my face first. Next to try is Radiesse and from what I’ve researched I hope I will be happy with this.

Julie, the swelling did go away but it took a year and they are still not the same. I would not recommend juvederm under the eye.
It has been since July 4th weekend since I had injections under my eyes with Juvederm. What a mistake, I will never do it again and hope that the dark circles and puffiness will go away soon, it has been 3 months. Anyone know how long it takes for the Juvederm to subside? P.S. I personally think Juvederm should refund my money.
Juviderm injected under my eyes on Friday. Terrible swelling and bruise that just keeps getting darker three days later. Doctor said only 5% chance of bruising for under eye filler. This seems unrealistic given the sensitivity of the eye area and my terrible experience. I went to the drug's own warnings online and saw that 60% to over 80% of patients had bruising in trials. Arnica didn't do anything. I am very sorry I tried this $700 treatment. I am missing work and have no idea when the bruising and swelling will go away. I signed a disclosure about the product that said I would not hold the doctor or company liable for bad results. My doctor told me he was an expert and bad results were extremely rare to non-existent with him. The FDA should have a better method of protecting patients.
I hate this Juvederm! I had Restylane 3 x before the derm (supposed to be one of the leading Doctors in her field!) Insisted on using juvederm this time around mouth, lips and eye troughs. I spent $1,200.00 and have made 2 long distance trips to this Doctor. Not to mention almost 2 months fown time and I look horrible. A vein under my eye that last time her fellowship Doctor covered up & made me look great with Restylane has been bruised because she pushed so hard undet my eye to smooth out the Juvederm. Then I was left with this bag of fluid under the vein. She had me come back to fix that ss well as the other trough was sunken. Now it is still sunken and the vein now is bulged out like a huge varicose! They keep telling me to wait it out but it time is not going make it right! The assistant told me that the Doctor used a complimentary syringe of Restylane because on my second visit when I complained again about the Juvederm. I still had 1/2 syringe of Juvederm left. Not to mention it has messed up my life and face and still don't have the results I went in for! They told me not to worry that they eould make it right. Nit to get stressed she could fix anything! But after the last time I spoke to her assisstant I don't feel very confident snd this vein is painfull and hideous! I am so depressed!
Thank God my doctor has promised to make it all right! She actually removed the vein in seconds with a laser! I feel do much better already! She said she wants me to wait a month because I still have the swelling and the issue with my other eye trough looking sunken. But she was very comforting and sweet. Reassuring me that she will make it alright! I am also hopeful this swelling will get alot better now that the vein is gone. She regained my faith again! So I am getting there! Thank you God! P.S. I believe her assistant was a huge source of making me feel like I was a problem, which made me worry even more that my issues would go unresolved. I hope she gets a new assistant!
Had juvederm under eyes 4 days ago, bruised and swelling look like I was punched in the eyes. I won't get it again, I hope it settles in a little. Any suggestions?
Left 2 comments already. Not sure if this will be published but Juvederm also made my heart speed up for about three hours after the injection. Never had this with Restylane. I know I will stick with that product only in spite of a shorter duration time. Also: if you requested a specil product make sure before the injection takes place that it is what you wanted. I originally requested Res but was given Juv Ultra.
I think Juvederm is best for lips only. I've had 2 treatments with it in my lips (about 6 mos apart) and loved the results. You should be prepared for some swelling and brusing for a few days(not bad the first time)but love the way it fills in my lips and makes me look younger! I will definitely keep it up!!! My Dr. Recommends using Perlane for the face/cheeks/around mouth area and Juvederm in lips only. She is very good and has been correct about everything so far. Dont have any filler done directly under eyes(in the hollows) according to my Dr. She says it's too close to many veins and risky. Do the upper cheeks and it will give the effect of lessened dark circles and the hollow look.
I had juvederm injected into several places on my face in January 2009. By February 2009 I had skin eruptions in every place the Juvederm was. Some of these areas have had to be lanced and drained (very painful) only to return in a few weeks. It's been a nightmare and it isn't over yet (This is May 2009). I have been placed on high doses of prednisone to calm the inflamation, but as soon as I go to a low dose or try to wean off, the inflamation returns. No one can tell me when this might end. I now have scars from the incisions, darkened skin where the eruptions were and many nodules, lumps and bumps that aren't going away. I am the third person at my Dr's office to have this happen. The manufacturer isn't interested in advising my doctor in ways to help me. I look like a monster and no longer go out without bandaids plastered all over my face. Sigh. I certainly never counted on this kind of result.
I have got it too and the results are terrible. I have a large bag on one eye. I just wish I didn't waste my time and money and can go back to normal.
how long did the bag last? is it an allergic reaction? i have it under my left eye but not my right? is it caused by too much filler?
I had Juvederm done on my eye hollows and it has been horrible...I look at least 10 maybe more years older than when I started, I had 2 injections to remove it I still look swollen, and much more wrinked. Beware! It has been several months now and I just hope my face goes back to normal.
I am not sure if you are still on this forum as it has been a few years. I'm curious to know, did your face go back to normal? What would you do differently if you were trying to get rid of juvederm? Just let it dissipate naturally?