Couldn’t Handle Swelling from Juvederm Under Eyes

Juvederm is a quality product but you should be...

Juvederm is a quality product but you should be careful. It doesn’t work on everybody. I had problems with Juvederm in my eye hollows. This after trying Restylane and having bad results too. The Juvederm did basically what the Resty did only it lasted longer. First I had good results for about two weeks after the swelling went down but then the Juvederm started to settle too low. So to picture it I had puffiness, hollowing, then puffiness again. I had no idea how this happened but this is what stuck with me for the six months that Juvederm lasts. I had better results with Juvederm in the rest of my face. I was happy with the results in my nasiolabial folds and have known a few people who had successes elsewhere with fine lines. But I do not recommend it for eye hollows. There are risks there that don’t exist in other parts of the face. If you’re sensitive you will react to it. There are injections you can get to reverse some effects but there are risks with these too. It’s no-win. With Juvederm you have to be careful too because there are so many different types. Make sure your doc is clear about what you’re getting so you know what to avoid if it has bad effects. Then you can try a different type later. I have thought about trying Juvederm in my lips too but I am waiting and saving for a filler that will last longer for my face first. Next to try is Radiesse and from what I’ve researched I hope I will be happy with this.
Julie, the swelling did go away but it took a year and they are still not the same. I would not recommend juvederm under the eye.
It has been since July 4th weekend since I had injections under my eyes with Juvederm. What a mistake, I will never do it again and hope that the dark circles and puffiness will go away soon, it has been 3 months. Anyone know how long it takes for the Juvederm to subside? P.S. I personally think Juvederm should refund my money.
Juviderm injected under my eyes on Friday. Terrible swelling and bruise that just keeps getting darker three days later. Doctor said only 5% chance of bruising for under eye filler. This seems unrealistic given the sensitivity of the eye area and my terrible experience. I went to the drug's own warnings online and saw that 60% to over 80% of patients had bruising in trials. Arnica didn't do anything. I am very sorry I tried this $700 treatment. I am missing work and have no idea when the bruising and swelling will go away. I signed a disclosure about the product that said I would not hold the doctor or company liable for bad results. My doctor told me he was an expert and bad results were extremely rare to non-existent with him. The FDA should have a better method of protecting patients.