Excited for Rhinoplasty - Columbus, OH

I have always hated my nose. It is a mixture of my...

I have always hated my nose. It is a mixture of my grandpa's and my dad's, whom I both love dearly, but hate the nose they so kindly passed on to me! The tip is just too big for my small face and body. After feeling self conscience about it for years, I finally decided to do something about it! I had my first consultation last month and immediately booked the surgery the same day. I felt great about the surgeon and the results he predicted. I am a teacher so I set up my surgery for the week after I get out for the summer.

Best of luck to you :) not to discourage or sound like a downer (lol) but I had a very poor experience & results about 3 yes ago.. I had discussed my nasal tip that it droops when I smiled & nose was too big for my face what I ended up with was a wider, bigger nose; the unprofessional surgeon took my bridge down way too much.. it's taken a huge toll on my self esteem; I decided to opt for perlane injections until I can find a dr I trust as it's just not easy to take that chance/risk; if it's any help look up your dr on ratemds.com, site helps a little as does this discussion forum! Once again best of luck, u r already beautiful!

Yes, you want to make sure you go with a board certified surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. Very important.

My surgeon is board certified and has very positive ratings on every site I have found including ratemds. I'm sorry about your experience. I am nervous but am confident in the doctor I chose.

Only 26 more days! I am starting to get really...

Only 26 more days! I am starting to get really excited and anxious at the same time. I have wanted this surgery my entire life and I just can't believe it is actually about to happen. I have shared the news with my family and friends, haven't told my in-laws just yet. My hsuband has been so incrredibly supportive of my decision, even though he does not think the surgery is necessary. I have a feeling my in-laws are going to be fairly judgemental about it so I haven't decided how to appraoch it with them.
I have read practically ever review on this website and the only thing I am truly nervous about is the recovery time in regards to swelling. Thankfully since I am a teacher I do not have to be concerned about going to work, but we are taking our trip of a lifetime to Italy a little over a month after my surgery and I want my nose to look right-not swollen. I will stick to the frozen bag of peas, but am interested in finding out more about Arnica gel??? It supposedly helps with swelling and pain.
Hi... you sound alot like me! I too have hated my nose... I think the end is "bulbous"! It feels too big for my petite face and body. I just went for a consultation today and want it so badly, but was a little pricier than expected. Do you mind telling me what you are paying, including anesthesia and facility fees? I am also in Columbus and would be interested in consulting with your doc. Thanks!
For everything-my total is $6500. The consultation with Dr. Donaldson is $100, which is put towards your surgery. I feel extremely confident in his ability, based on my consultation and on remarks found on various websites. I can give you exact details as of June 11th!!
Where does he do the procedure? Hospital/outpatient? Will you be under full anesthesia? Did he give you any images of how your nose will look? Can you tell me what he said he would do exactly? Since your nose is somewhat like mine, the procedure may be similar. In my consultation, the doctor said he would take some off the side of the upper bridge and take the lower fatty part off on each side of the front. Does that make sense? What does yours plan? Hope you don't mind all the questions.

Night before the surgery and my stomach is totally...

Night before the surgery and my stomach is totally in knots. I am feeling pretty nervous and anxious at the moment-praying I made the right choice! The time of my surgery was changed so I will be his first patient of the day-I am hoping that is a good thing :) Thank you so much for all the kind words of support and advice! I will post pictures as soon as I can of hopefully a new nose that I love!
Good luck today!!
So excited for you! Can't wait to hear your updates!!
Good luck today!!! Can't wait to hear how things went! :)

Done and done! Surgery seems to have gone well, I...

Done and done! Surgery seems to have gone well, I don't remember anything after the anesthesiologist told me he was starting the first drug, except waking up in recovery. I was extremely nervous in the morning and I think my surgeon picked up on that. He came and spoke to me before they took me back in depth about what I wanted again and explained the recovery process to my husband and I. Then his head nose who was the nicest lady came over and gave some word of encouragment and made me feel more comfortable. Spoke with the anesthesiologist about a bad experience I had with anesthesia when my wisdom teeth were taken out and he reassured me that he feel confident in his abilities and with my good health, didnt think it would be a problem, and thankfully he was right. Surgery took two and a half hours and I was done. The remainder of the day was kind of a blur with all the drugs and pain killers in my system. Slept very well for majority of the day. Towards the evening I started to feel extremely sick to my stomach, ran to the bathroom and threw up twice. My amazing husband immediately ran to the pharmacy and picked up nausea medicine and haven't had much of an issue since. Attempted to sleep on our reclining couch, but it just wasnt comfortable.

Day one after surgery. Woke up slightly discouraged. I had the slightest hints of bruises under my eyes yesterday and this morning they are dark brown, extremely noticable especially in the corners of my eyes. The swelling on the bridge of my nose combined with the tight splint is causing a great deal of pressure to my eye area. I have been applying Arnica gel often and hope it tames the bruising asap. I have been trying to apply ice often to my eyes and bridge, am I suppose to be doing anything to my nose itself? I feel like I cant feel anything because of the cast so icing may be pointless. I have been putting the arnica gel on my stiches, hopefully that is helping. A sore throat has really been the most uncomfortable part so far. Everytime I wake up I feel like I have lost my voice and my throat is extrememly scratchy. I have been drinking the Naked smoothies and it has been great at making my throat feel better as well as lining my stomach since I havent eaten anything since the day before surgery. Any other suggestions are always appreciated :)
My Dr. said it might take a year for the swelling to go down and that in some cases, it never does! My surgery is not a reduction but I'm having second thoughts about it now after finding this site (T-minus 15 days and counting).
Bruising and swelling may get worse before better but be patient. I'm almost a week out and although I still have the "bar fight" look, I feel much better. I would stay away from icing your nose - just stick to forehead, eyes and cheeks (for me pain and swelling all rotated downward as days went on). Hang in there!!
Glad to hear it went well. Rest up and have a smooth recovery!

It has been 4 days since my surgery and I am...

It has been 4 days since my surgery and I am shocked how quickly my brusing swelling has decreased. As of now, the only brusing left is in the corners of my eyes and it is red instead of brown/purple. I can not believe how well the arnica gel works! I have been taking my medication every 6 hours as prescribed even when the pain was not too bad, just to prevent me from being uncomfortable. Woke up on day 3 with a terrible migraine, so I took extra strength tylenol instead of my pain killer and slept most of the day away. I have been using wet q-tips to clean out my nostrils of the dry blood and keep my stiches clean. I havent had any dripping or bleeding since day two, but the cast is starting to get extremely annoying and un comfortable. Ate some soup yesterday and today and haven't felt nauseus yet so thankful for that.

My follow up appointment is on Monday, one week from my surgery to have my cast and stiches removed. A little nervous of what I am going to see, but also excited. I only had work ton on the tip of my nose, and right now when I look at even though it is covered in bandages, it seems to look smaller. I will post pictures on Monday.
Hi.. we had surgery on the same day. Wondering how you're feeling... I feel good... just nervous that it isn't going to be as small as I wanted. Trying to convince myself that there is swelling and it will look smaller soon :)
Im feeling pretty good, better than I expected. Majority of my bruises and swelling is gone at this point. The tip of my nose does look smaller, but it is hard to tell with the bandages and cast still on. I get the cast taken off on Monday, when does yours come off? Which doctor did you end up going with?

Cast is off and stiches are out! After not getting...

Cast is off and stiches are out! After not getting a minute of sleep last night worrying about what my nose was going to look like, I am now completly at ease. I worried over nothing! The doctor said my nose is still a little swollen and I would continue to see it decrease in size over the next few weeks. I wouldnt even care if it got any smaller-the tip of my nose is much less wide and looks so nice! You can tell in the pictures it is swollen, but in comparision to what it was, it look so different. I have absolutely no brusing left what so ever and aside from some red marks on my columella from where the stiches were, no one would have ever guessed I just had surgery 7 days ago. I already feel so much mroe confident in myself, I almost cried when I got home from the doctors office because for once in my whole life I feel, well, normal.

I will keep updating pictures over the next few weeks!

Congratulations HUN!! I'm so very Happy for you!! :):)
woww so so happy for you... you look amazing!!
Looks great! You can see that it's been brought in. I see a lot of swelling which only means it will get better. Keep us updated!! :)

So it has been 12 days since my surgery and I know...

So it has been 12 days since my surgery and I know I should remain patient, but I'm starting to worry that he didn't remove enough of my tip. It is definitely more narrow but the tip still looks too wide! The doctor did say it was swollen, but it has not decreased in size at all since the cast was removed. How soon should I see results?
Hi.... I think you emailed me a while ago and I never responded... unintentionally. Sorry. So I am really disappointed in my nose. I think the tip is smaller also, but the general shape is the same. And I HATE the bridge area. It seems like it protrudes on each side of the upper bridge. I feel like my entire appearance has changed for the worse. I really don't even know what to do or think. This is really disappointing. I go back to see my doc on August 7.
Im sorry to hear your not happy with the results. Its still early, only six weeks since your surgery so try to remain patient. What don't you like about your bridge? Please post some pictures so I can see what your talking about? Which surgeon did you end up going with?
Six and a half weeks since my surgery. The tip of my nose is smaller, but still not as small as I want it to be. I continue to put on the arnica gel every night to help with the swelling. I made an appointment to see my doctor next week because I have noticed the heat during the day is increasing the swelling. I am confident in my doctor, just nervous it won't end up looking how I imagined it. I still have a little line on the columella, but it's starting to fade. I will post a picture from the Italian vacation I just returned home from- you can see how the extremely high temperature increased the swelling.

Six and a half weeks since my surgery. The tip of...

Your most recent pics look really good! I am sure it's hard to wait for the end results, but from what I can see, your nose looks a lot smaller!! Did you see Dr. Donaldson again? Are you still happy with him?
wow wow!! I just saw your pics and they look amazing! What a difference already. Be patient since it takes so much darn time for the tip thing. I hope I can be patient too after mine.
I think it looks fantastic! I can see a BIG difference from the first post op photos you posted and the new ones from your vacation! I am 2 weeks behind you, just 1 month post op now. I notice that I am very swollen when I wake up and very swollen after being out and about most of the day (especially in the heat). I, too, feel like my nose isn't quite as small as I imagined but have hope that it will come down enough that I'll be satisfied with the result. My dr is very conservative, as am I..so I know it will not be a huge change, but enough to give me confidence:)
Again..great results so far!!!

Two and a half months since my surgery. Things...

Two and a half months since my surgery. Things have continued to go well. I have been using the Arnica gel still at night? How long did the rest of you still use it for? There is still swelling because I continue to see my tip getting smaller and smaller. It just drives me nuts how swollen it is first thing in the morning, looks good by mid day, and then by the evening is swollen again. Anyone else have these issues?
You are 3 1/2 months? Any updates?
Not a good one :( nose is back to looking exactly like it did before surgery. What a huge waste of money! So disappointed and upset!
I feel exactly like you do. I will be paying this off for years and for what? SO disappointed. Like you said... where do you go from here? I have never even posted a pic because I try and just can't get one that I even feel comfortable posting! I'm sorry you're so bummed and I TOTALLY understand.

It has now been a little over 3 months since the...

It has now been a little over 3 months since the surgery and I am completely bummed. I feel like I spent a huge chunk of our savings to have this surgery-to end up with a slightly smaller version of my nose- which is still big. I had a follow up appointment at the end of July to express this concern and they said months two and three would bring about the most change-nothing has changed since that appointment. My tip of my nose still looks too big. I had a friend come visit recently who upon seeing my nose asked if I chickened out of the surgery since my nose looked the same! When the cast came off I was so excited, even with the swelling that occurred immediately following, I just assumed it would go back to the size it was when the cast came off. Not the case at all. I am so upset and disappointed. We will never be able to afford another surgery like this. Not even sure where to go from here. I am so jealous of all the success stories on here-that's what I wanted.
Gosh I wish I read this prior to my facial surgery at the same place. I think he's more of a tummy BA guy. Was in pain for almost 10 months and just told me to wait and it looks good. Finally went somewhere else and told me my implant was crooked. Treated so much differently after I complained on the pain I had. All of a sudden the waits went for 45 min +. Nice guy just not a facial ps.
oh wait I thought those were your pics at the top right hand side.sorry I don't see your pics..but I do know how you feel. :(
if it makes you feel a ny better, I think it looks ALOT better... sorry you are unhappy |:( (trust me, I know how you feel)
Columbus Plastic Surgeon