Undecided. Scared to End Up Worse Than How I Started - Chicago, IL

I finally think it's time to take the next step...

I finally think it's time to take the next step but I am not sure where to begin. For as long as I remember, I have disliked my nose. I avoid mirrors and pictures when possible because all I see is this monstrosity in the middle of my face. I just hate seeing pics of me from any angle because all I see is my nose with a girl attached to it. Rhinoplasty it something I've considered for many years and it seems like every 4 years I revisit getting plastic surgery but something stops me. I'm stopped by fear of winding up worse than from where I started. That being said, I really think it's time to do this. I can't go on further wondering how awesome it would be to have a smaller nose. I would love to see pictures of myself without cringing at the sight of me. So, I'm on here because I have read peoples reviews and I am inspired to begin my search for a rhinoplasty specialist. I have my eye on Dr. Anil Shah. I've read great reviews of his work and have seen many before and after shots and his patients always look glamorous to me. I do want to make an informed decision and I feel like I can only do that by putting together a list of top docs in Chicago (or surrounding area). So, I'm on here looking for other suggestions of other top rhinoplasty specialists in Chicago that I should have on my list? Looking forward to the recommendations.

Welcome to RealSelf! Here's what some doctors have to say about rhinoplasty surgeons in Chicago.

I can totally relate to your feeling of being a nose with a girl attached. That's a great way to put it.

I hope you can get this done and end up loving your results. Good for you for doing lots of research. Please keep us posted!

Thank you both for the feedback. I have a long...

Thank you both for the feedback. I have a long way to go. My list consists of only Dr. Shah but I don't want to jump in. I did have a consult a few years ago with a NMH Plastic Surgeon who was highly recommended by my Derm. I made the appointment, got there early, only to learn that the surgeon had forgotten about our appointment- evidenced by this rushing to see me before he was off to surgery- met me for a few minutes and then dashed off. Needless to say, he is off my list.

FunnyLion, can you share a little more of your experience with Dr. Shah (i.e. is he personable, willing to listen, ect.)?

Thanks!

Just saw your update. Yes, I think Dr. Shah is very kind, helpful, and willing to both listen and answer any questions you might have. I'll send you a PM with a little more info about my personal experience with him.
Hey, I also read and heard a lot of great things about Dr. Shah, which is why I ended up going with him for my primary last month. I'd be careful with looking at that list above, since it's a couple of years old now, and I know at least one of those doctors mentioned has been associated with poor work on other sites I have visited. I'm sure there are some great surgeons on there - just make sure to check multiple resources! I've read that Dr. Burget in Chicago is good, too. He doesn't have a website, and I'm not sure what he specializes in, but he might be worth checking out! Good luck! Keep us updated :)
Hello Real Self! Been a while since I've been on here. I haven't bad surgery but am ready to move forward. I've done a lot of research and am still on the fence. I do know I want to go a facial specialit but it's hard to choose one doctor. That said, it's been 2 years since I last posted, does anyone have any positive recommendations? I'll even take suggestions to stay away from a certain doc. Right now, I'm very found of Dr. Moynihan in the Gold Coast. I teeter with Dr. Shah because I've read some reviews that concern me. I'm looking for peoples thoughts on these docs along with recommendations for docs that should be on my list. Please help!! Undecided

Think I'm Ready

Hello Real Self!

Undecided

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Think I'm Ready!

Hello Real Self!

Been a while since I've been on here. I haven't had surgery but am ready to move forward. I've done a lot of research and am still on the fence. I do know I want to go a facial specialist but it's hard to find one given all of the options. That said, it's been 2 years since I last posted, does anyone have any recommendations? I'll even take suggestions to stay away from a certain doc. I already have one of those on my list. Right now, I'm very fond of Dr. Moynihan in the Gold Coast. I teeter with Dr. Shah because I've read some reviews that concern me. I'm looking for peoples thoughts on these docs along with recommendations for docs that should be on my list. Please help!!

Undecided

Please join RealSelf or sign in.