Ready or Not? - Chicago, IL

I have met with Dr Shah and Moynihan. Found that...

I have met with Dr Shah and Moynihan. Found that my consultation with Shah was much more informative and he seemed to have a vision which made me really consider this surgery in the near future. I feel like I still need several more opinions but then again I already have gotten four. Besides my bump I have been told I would need tip refinement for best results - which scares me but its necessary.

I have been contemplating a rhinoplasty since I was 12 years old, which was about 10 years ago. I met with a few Doctors in the Chicagoland area when I was 19 but got a bit frightened by the procedure when I found out noses are a lot more complicated then just straightening my profile - oh and I lacked a couple spare thousands in my bank account being a student. However I have the money and still think about the procedure daily and am about to book with Shah after having my consultation. However my doubts are time off work and me returning to school the day after cast removal? Any thoughts, suggestions?

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bring your own photos of how you want your nose done and give him specific notes of everything you want done. He seems very rushed at times and you don't want him to forget. Also, you may have to call him after the surgery, as he may be gone before you wake up. Additionally, you are looking at a 6 month - 2 year recovery process before your nose fully heals. It is a roller coaster of emotions if your nose is turning out not as you had expected.
I've got an appointment with Dr. Shah too.... let me know how it goes!! IYou can return to work/school after a week, but recovery is varied for everyone. I think it also depends on whether or not its an open or closed rhinoplasty.
Thanks so much for starting your story on RealSelf! How many days after surgery is the cast removal? I was able to go back out into public after about 5-6 days, felt really comfortable being out after a week. Please keep us posted on how it all goes!