Getting my Nose Fixed Next Month After Trama - Chicago, IL

Hello, Due to an accident I have been looking...

Hello,

Due to an accident I have been looking to get my nose fixed as I don’t feel comfortable with how it turned out after all was healed. I have a nice size bump on my nose now and my profile looks terrible. Most everyone I know says I should not do it but I just cannot deal with looking at my pictures. It’s almost like I have aged over night due to this bump. As a kid I always had a small bump as I broke my nose when I was 10 years old but it never looked bad so most likely I would not be sitting here reading your stories or wanting a surgery if it was not for my accident this past March. I had a huge ulceration on the bridge of my nose, which at first I thought was my biggest problem but after having Dr. Sidle fix it (after ER Dr. badly screwed up) you can barely see where the scar is. If you were to see what it looked like after ER Dr. touched it and than Dr. Sidle fixed it, you would never believe how well it turned out. So now that my scar is almost gone I am not so worried about it but I am really bothered by my nose.

I went to see Dr. Sidle about fixing my nose twice, but I had many follow up appointments with him before for ulceration so I was pretty familiar with him by than. Since he is the one that fixed my scar I felt comfortable going to him to fix my nose. I have gone to see other doctors about fixing my nose and although others seemed nice I kept coming back to Dr. Sidle. I like the pictures that I have seen on his website and when we talked I like how modest he was about the surgery. He was not trying to sell me on anything and at first even tried to talk me out of the surgery. However because I am so abscessed about my nose I just want to fix it.

I am pretty nervous about the surgery and although the Dr. did say it was not a huge surgery compare to others that he does. I had gone to him twice to talk about my nose surgery and I finally decided to move forward with it this coming November.

I will post some pictures later.

If anyone had experience with Dr. Sidle, please send me a private message or post here. I would love to hear about your experiences.

Five days before my surgery. I am getting very...

Five days before my surgery. I am getting very nervous. Is it normal to start questioning if I picked the right doctor and just get very nervous over this surgery? I think the more I read negative stuff on this page the more nervous I get. This is going to drive me crazy for the next 5 days. I have to say I thought about not going through the surgery but then I look at my pictures and feel that I really do need to get this done.

Well, I am happy for you that the surgery was not a total failure. I hope that your "touch up" can amend the issues on your nose that cause you grief.
Thank you! I am still not sure if I am going to go with my current surgeon or someone else. Part of me wants to have my original surgeon fix my nose but part of me is afraid. Although I will say I am afraid to go to someone else too. The thing that kills me is that I have seen his work in person, I have seen people he has done and they have beautiful noses. However my nose did not come out that great. Most of those people had an open rhino but mine was done closed. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. I will figure out what to do and who to go with. The good news only I and my surgeon (or other surgeons) can tell problems with my nose. Most people never even noticed I have done a nose surgery. But I know ultimately I have to be happy with my nose and it has to be fixed. Either way I revision or a touch up whatever you want to call it is going to have to be done. Sadly I am part of that 10% of people that end up needing a revision.
The best place to find awesome surgeons in on this site, and that's how I found the surgeon who operated on me :) Make sure you thoroughly examined the reviews and before/after photos...I have faith you'll find a great fit and I definitely suggest you get your nose corrected if you're unhappy :) My surgeon who gave me the Rhinoplasty was a great choice and the revision after my accident was free of charge! Most great surgeons will offer lifetime non-surgical correction fillers after the nose job, those ones are the best to go with! Especially as in my case, having an accident :( I have faith you'll look great very soon!
Thank you Kyle! My surgeon has offered to correct the problems at no cost to me other than an OR fee, which is minor compare to what others would charge me. However I am still not sure if I want to go with someone else or have my original surgeon operate on me again. Unfortunately for me the fixes to my nose cannot be done in office procedure and under local it has to be done in the operating room so its a full blown revision, which is why I am looking into other options and making sure I am making the right choice. I really appreciate your post Kyle and I am very glad that it worked out well for you. I am crossing my fingers that a second time around I will be ecstatic with my results. :)
Are you happy with your results?
I am partial at this point. Some days I like my nose others I don't. I have to have a "touch up" or a small "revision" done to fix one side of my nose. It sucks as I was hoping this would be my one and only surgery but it appears to be not the case for me. My nose however was broken and so its a bit more complicated vs. having just removing a bump or narrow my nose. I am a little over 3 months post op and my surgeon is ready to get the nose fixed but I am terrified to go through this again. I have to talk to him once more before I decide to go under the knife again. But its not a horrible nose just some imperfections that need to be fixed. I will probably go to Dr. Shah to get a 2nd opinion and one other doctor just in case as I want to be 100% sure with my touch up or a revision sort of speak.
Hello! just wondering, how did your surgery turn out? hope you got great results! :)

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf. Dr. Sidle's profile on RealSelf can be found here, but he hasn't been particularly active on the site.

I'm sorry about your accident and I hope this surgery makes you more confident in how your nose looks. Please keep us posted!

Thank you Angiemcc! I am counting the days. Its a little scary.