Juvederm for Thin Lips, I was a Believer! - Chicago, IL

It works! I have always had very small lips and...

It works! I have always had very small lips and wanted them a bit plumper, I had no top lip. I decided to share this review because this website helped me so much to take the plunge and do the procedure (Plus I found a groupon). I do not do well with needles and ended up passing out during the procedure, YAY! There really wasn't a lot of pain involved, it was more fear than anything.
There was immediate results and very little bruising. The type of Juvederm I had injected also contained a numbing agent therefore it did not hurt too much after the first two injections.
I had my top and a little in my bottom lip injected for a total of one syringe.

There is very little pain following however there is slight numbness at the top lip. There are two small dots on either side of my lips which are easily covered with lip gloss, the pictures are on the same day as procedure. I am writing this on the day after, there is no change in the look so far.

3 days post injection

3 Days post injection, still liking fuller lips however I have noticed the top portion above my lip itself sticks out further than I would like :/ I hope this is just swelling! It is hard to tell what is swelling and what is the actually filler. Updated pics below.

6 -7 week update

I still have the filler that migrated above the lip which you can see in certain lighting. Read below about my experience on a second opinion and how he did not recommend use of the enzyme to take it down. I'm just dealing with it .. It seems to be coming down a bit. I will post pre and post ... Previously I had a wrinkle abovey lip there which I don't necessarily want back .. Which could reappear following the enzyme. I like the fuller lips but not sold on the shape and outcome :/. Hope this helps

3-4 weeks post

None of the photos show the swelling too well .. They were diffinetly bigger than they are now .

I forgot to add

Oh yah... I wanted to add... Despite having fuller lips like I wanted. My friends and family kind ofthought I was crazy! My friends had mixed opinions and my mom wasn't too pleased. She was the one who told me it was "like having a bad haircut, it will only last a little while". HAHA thanks mom. I guess they didn't remember how my lips were before! non existent and with smoker lines and I am not even a smoker!!! # Tooyoung for this!
Embassy Studios

They did a great job making me comfortable during my procedure, especially with me passing out during. The owner came in and personally sat with me during the procedure, she was very nice! The person performing the procedure did a great job, she told me exactly what she was doing and what to expect. I definitely plan to go back as long as all stays well :) Okay they were very friendly when I went in but then when I went back because I was not completely pleased, the injector did not seem to listen to my concerns. She kept repeating that she had provided me with possible side effects and that the swelling will go down after a few weeks. Despite the fact I had stated several times that I was already four weeks out! Her technique/ outcome wasn't awful or anything, it would have been kind if she addressed my concerns a little more.