My Time is Now! - Carmel, IN

After over 15 years of thinking about corrective...

After over 15 years of thinking about corrective surgery on my nose, I'm going for it! The best part is, my family and friends are supportive. (I'll add more detail and photos very soon!)

Day 1 post-op: Bruised and swollen more than I...

Day 1 post-op: Bruised and swollen more than I expected. My Dr. said I "bruised and swelled more than the average bear". :) But, he ended up doing some work on the underside of my lip under my nose. Adding stitches there increased the pain, etc. Day 2 post-op: Feeling horrible. Nauseous and sick to my stomach most of the evening and all night. Swelling...BAD. I have major chipmunk cheeks and am feeling a bit depressed. Then, my husband reminded me that since I'm allergic to all anti-inflammatory drugs, that I'm healing without all the meds that many people are prescribed. Made me feel a little better knowing that. Day 3 post-op: Feeling better toward the afternoon. The swelling is slowing decreasing, but bruises are appearing above my lip and into my cheeks. I'm hanging in there!

Day 4: Feeling ok. The swelling just keeps moving...

Day 4: Feeling ok. The swelling just keeps moving down my face. I have fat jowls. Still a lot of bruises and swelling. Day 5: Better. I now have slight airflow through my nose. I must confess, I definitely didn't expect the recovery to be this bad. But, I know everyone heals differently.

Splint/Cast...OFF! Ahhh, what a relief. Nose...

Splint/Cast...OFF! Ahhh, what a relief. Nose looks great and I'm already breathing better through the right side. Bruising and swelling is evident, but much improvement!

Every day I see major improvement! :)

Every day I see major improvement! :)

Day 10. The difference is remarkable today! ...

Day 10. The difference is remarkable today! Swelling of the tip is down even more. I'm beginning to see my new nose!

Day 22 and I'm feeling great! I was starting to...

Day 22 and I'm feeling great! I was starting to worry a little with the shape...and then out of nowhere, it changed! It's starting to look great, and I can really see it taking it's form. I'm still hiding a little bruising on the bridge and there is still swelling in the tip, but I'm very pleased.
Dr. John Aker

You do look great. It is nice to see someone on here that lives close to me. I am having my surgery on August 25, 2014.
You look positively amazing!!!
Love it!!
Thank you for posting! Your nose is really becoming more beautiful each week!
And you have a great carisma!
Your new nose is so cute and suits you so well! Love it!
I was starting to get a little nervous...then, BAM! in one day it started taking shape! :)
How is your healing going? Hope you are loving your new nose!!
Oh my goodness... So much better now! I'm still hiding some bruising in my bridge. Other than that, I'm feeling great and my nose is quickly showing it's new shape! How are you? Are you feeling better?
Oh my your nose is soooooo cute and perfect!!! You look so good! Your new nose just opens up your whole face! You have such a nice smile and now it is complimented by your nose :)) And makes you look so young :)
I am feeling great!!! Check out my updated pics :) My nose is starting to feel normal again when I smile and when I am washing my face...don't really think about it...which is freedom for me :)
You look great! I am in the "seeking consultations phase". I have a hump that I'd like to have removed. I've been self-consious about my nose since at least junior high and HATE my profile. I understand how you felt about pictures. On one of the doctor's before/after pics on his website, he made a comment that I thought was kind of cute. He pointed out that the lady in the pic had great features and that she didn't need her old nose clamouring for attention (she had a hump removed). Now her other features are in the limelight as they should be. I love your new nose and couldn't help but notice you have a great smile too. I hope you can feel better about pics now. Congrats!
Thank you! I'm very happy I finally did it! I already feel more comfortable in my own skin...even though I'm still in the recovery phase. I'm looking forward to the transformation of my new nose in the next few weeks. :)
oh wow you look gorgeous, and i loooove the haircut!!!!! Perfect to sport with a perfect nose ;)
Thank you! Not the greatest picture, but I wanted to show how great a job the Dr. did with making me look natural and not too over done. Just what I wanted!
looks great! would you mind posting profile view pic.. if possible :). thx!!
I posted a profile pic for you! Still a little swollen. I also wanted to make sure the doc didn't give me a sloped nose, so I'm very happy with the results! It's very natural and perfect for me!
Thanks!! Looks really nice & perfect fit for your face!!
Oh you are just looking amazing! Your new nose looks perfect for you...and it's only going to get better xox
Lools great! I see you have the same swollen bridge I do. :)
looks really good! congrats!
You are looking fantastic. Did you have your bones broken on the bridge. I'm 42 and it's amazing how many people are doing this at 40+. I was thinking maybe this is a really bad bad idea for me. I don't have anything booked yet. Still meeting with doctors. But, really helps seeing that others in the same age range are doing this for themselves. Hope it gives me the strength to move forward.
After so many years of research and thinking of surgery, I decided to just move forward and do it! I had my consultation and scheduled surgery for less than 4 weeks out, otherwise I would have changed my mind once again. I had 2 previous consults before. One at the age of 22, another at the age of 26. Then, changed my mind! So, at 33 I didn't want to wait any longer. To answer your question, yes I did have bones broken, my septum straightened and transposition of the depressor septi muscle(under nose/lip). It's been just over a week and I'm now feeling it was all worth it! I say, go for it! But, do your research! :)
Hi,

Both your front and side look fantastic. Did the doc do a lot of work on your tip too? It's amazing how natural and perfectly your nose suits you.
You are so pretty, I know you have heard that so much. I am happy for you
I am so happy others are getting their nose done at 40 also. That is my present to myself. Turned 40 in Dec but so much was going on then. My day June 6
Funny, this is me too. Turned 40 in December in finaly decided to do mine. My day is November 16th. :)