WOW! Filler is Amazing with Dr. Catherine Winslow (Triste), Carmel, IN. My Lips Are So Kissable! My St. Bernard's Face is Gone!

Even after all the plastic surgeries I had had...

Even after all the plastic surgeries I had had done to my body and I was against getting filler when I had my facial plastic surgery done. I just did not like the idea of putting a foreign substance into my body. But after hearing about the safety profile of Juvaderm , and learning that it was the only way to get rid of the marionette lines and nasal labial folds that made me look like I had a St. Bernard's hanging jowels, I decided to get filler when I had my facial plastic surgery with Dr. Winslow.

Women warned me that I would love filler. And I dare say that I have fallen in love. It is miraculous what Juvaderm does as far as making the face look youthful. So... fast forward a few months out from my facial plastic surgery and I am asking for filler to my lips.

I had had a lip lift with my facial plastic surgery and really liked the result while my lips were swollen from surgery. After that faded my lips just did not look as kissable or as youthful. So Triste the Nurse, who is awesome with filler, injected me today in the lips and a little around the area to keep the corners of my mouth from turning down into a slight frown.

The injections hurt but the pain subsided very quickly. Triste numbed my lips with a topical cream and injected the Juvaderm, which had lidocaine (local anesthesia) in it. I immediately loved the result.

Now I am out looking for a frog to kiss and turn into my handsome prince.

Kiss me, you fool

A kiss that speaks volumes is seldom a first edition ~ Clare Whiting

I love that filler "erases" my deep creases

Buh-bye marionette lines and nasal labial folds... good riddance St. Bernard face!

Voluma and Restylane

I went to Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery today for my 6-mod check-up from my facelift etc (http://www.realself.com/review/carmel-in-facelift-and-feel-15-years-younger-incredible-work-dr-catherine). Triste the nurse, who is the BEST injector in the city/state/country (I kid you not), suggested we try Restylane filler as she does not like the way my body is absorbing Juvaderm. We also will try Voluma under my eyes as I have hollows under my eyes (you can see it in the color pix in the post above).

I am glad that Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery has so many brands of fillers. I have read here on RealSelf that some plastic surgeons carry only one brand and that's probably because those surgeons don't do fillers all that often. Dr. Winslow carries Radiesse, Juvaderm, Restylane, and Voluma... there may be others but those are the ones that I am aware of.

Dr. Winslow is having a special on June 19th, fillers are 25-40% off! I'll be going back to try the Voluma and Restylane so look for those reviews in the coming weeks!

Correction: The Date is July 19th!

Correction to the post above: The special is on July 19th.
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

I searched for a very long time to find a plastic surgeon to do my facial rejuvenation. No one's work impressed me -- the "after" photos looked the same as the "before" photos. I would have flown anywhere in the country for the right plastic surgeon but much to my delight Dr. Winslow is 30-minutes from my house (but she IS worth flying to). Several months after my facelift, I came back to Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery for filler. Triste the nurse is one of the very top injectors and in a matter of minutes makes me look young. It is very important to go with a very experienced injector. Filler injected too close to the skin's surface or too deep does not last. As well, you can get clumping of filler if it is not done correctly and a whole host of other issues. Triste actually teaches others how to inject filler -- she is THAT good. Another consideration is which brand filler to use. One size does not fit all. Yet you will find that some practices offer only one brand of filler. Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery offers many brands, including Juvaderm, Restylane, Radiesse, and Voluma. There are a host of other non-surgical treatments for enhancing youth and beauty. And if you do want surgical procedures (see my other reviews) then Dr. Winslow is highly experienced with facial reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery. I am so happy that I found Dr. Winslow! She truly did an amazing job on my facial plastic surgery. And Triste does an awesome job keeping me looking my very best!

No...I never change up a treatment that works well!! I LOVE the results I get with Juvederm, it is not worth the gamble for me to try a new regiment. If I can stay wrinkle and crease free without any surgery it is definitely worth it.
I am seeing Dr. Winslow tomorrow and discuss the lip filler with her.
How long ago did you have it put in, and how much did you get?
Thanks for sharing!  Did your lips stay the size you wanted after the initial swelling?
I just had them done a few days ago so it is too soon to tell. I sure hope that they stay the size they are now. I do not want them any smaller.
Keep us posted!
They are smaller than I would like :-( I keep having that problem with the lip filler. As I understand it, your body absorbs it but that as you get more filler your body eventually stops absorbing so much. I still love filler!
You could try one of the more permanent fillers- like juvaderm voluma, radiesse, etc.
I asked my body contouring plastic surgeon to do my lips when I was in his office because he uses Juvaderm and I wanted to see the difference. But he would not do them. I don't think Dr. Winslow uses anything else but I will ask.
It is always a good idea to try one of the more temporary fillers first just to make sure you like the results, but you should definitely ask.  Some doctors prefer to stick with the more temporary fillers (which are also dissolvable should there be a problem).  Lower risk but you have to get it injected more.  Either way, I'm glad you like your results!
Oy, I think I am getting my products mixed up. I am pretty sure that Dr. Winslow uses Juvaderm and that is what I got, wheres my body PS uses restalyn. I see Dr. Winslow on Wednesday and will try to remember to ask about other products. Thanks!
Juvaderm Voluma and Radiesse are not indicated for use in the lips. In the US I believe the fillers indicated for lip enhancement are Juvederm and Restylane. The 2 products are equal (different manufacturer). Radiesse is a synthetic calcium hydroxyapatite filler. Calcium hydroxyapatite is the stuff that makes up your bone. The Radiesse people have made a synthetic version of this compound that is injected as a gel. It is not a HA product and is prone to lumps, it also can not be dissolved.
Ewww, Radiesse does not sound so good. Any advice on having my filler last longer, particularly the lips? Thanks a bunch!!!
It is good for deep creases, and it is longer lasting, but NOT for lips! Sadly filler is like "crack" the more you have the more you want...and the results NEVER last long enough! I typically get "filled" every 4 months.
Do you use Radiesse on your creases? How long does it last? I agree totally, I am hooked! I was amazed last time to see myself instantly younger after Triste injected me. LOVE filler.
I was having a major brain fart- like lferraro said juvaderm and restylane are the only injectables for the lips.  The only other option for the lips would be an implant, which is obviously higher risk than the temporary fillers.  Sorry for any confusion- sometimes I am online too late at night :)
I spoke with Triste the nurse today, my injector extraordinare, and she will try restylane on me next time as she doesn't like the way my body is absorbing the Juvaderm. Apparently they have many different brands of fillers that they use, which is fabulous!
Awesome!  There are so many fillers it is hard to keep track of each one and what it is for, plus a lot of them are used "off-label" which further confuses things.  And me ;)  Let us know how the resty goes and if you like it better or not.
Will do!
I could have had the SMAS added to my lips during the facelift but opted to have that put under my eyes. It did help mitigate the hollows there but not totally. That is why Triste is going to try Voluma there. I am hoping for a great result. The hollows beneath the eyes are sooooo aging! As far as implant to the lips, it is worth considering.