Breast Revision - Implant Exchange - Canada

I'm 7 weeks away from getting a breast revision,...

I'm 7 weeks away from getting a breast revision, which puts me at just over a year from my initial breast augmentation. I knew fairly early on ( about 4 months) that I was experiencing a complication, however I thought the issue was with my right breast. Prior to my augmentation I had slight asymmetry, and everything seemed to be settling great at 6 weeks, but as time passed my results worsened. At my 6 month checkup my PS wanted to give things a bit more time, as I was under the impression my right implant was not dropping. It turned out, the right settled just fine, and the left had actually migrated downwards past the inframammary fold. Now I'm at approximately 11 months and am scheduled to be getting a revision. The procedure is classified as an implant exchange, because I currently have textured implants, and part of the complication occurred as the left did not adhere as expected. Unlike my initial BA, which I was actually very excited for, I'm quite nervous going into the revision. I'm very anxious to see what the results will look like, and I'm really really hoping I don't have another complication.

I've included some photos starting at 5 months, when I started expressing concern to my PS. You can notice a slight crease in the left due to the implant dropping...
As you can see... there has really been no progress up to 9 months, which is what assured me a revision is necessary.

For those interested. My initial BA cost me $10,000.

My Stats:

435cc Smooth Round Silicone Implants
Under the Muscle
Post Op: ???

October 3, 2013

Just thought I would add some additional info I forgot yesterday. My original implants were full height, moderate projection. My new implants will be full projection, with "responsive gel" (silicone). Apparently this is a softer cohesive gel, that will form a tear drop shape when upright. My PS may also be lowering my right fold... which I'm not sure how I feel about anymore. I'll speak with my PS prior to going into surgery, and plan on expressing my concerns.... then let him proceed with what he feels best. There's very conflicting opinions about lowering the fold I find, and the last thing I want is more complications. Surgery date November 21st, 2013! Let the countdown begin...

Less Than 6 Weeks Away...

Since I've been doing more and more research about lowering the fold, I'm getting increasingly nervous going into my revision. I really want to minimize any risk of further complication. I think I'm going to ask my surgeon to repair my left side instead. I'm really worried about getting a double bubble. I wish i had the excitement from my initial BA, going into this revision.... Funny how a complication changes things...

1 Month Away!

I can't wait until this is over and done with! I'm constantly thinking about my surgery, I've even started having dreams about it. Looking at other ladies' great results post revision has kept me optimistic. I know it's terrible to wish your life away, but I really want this next month to move fast!! I haven't uploaded anymore pics because my results have basically gone unchanged. I will definitely upload post op pics after my surgery. I plan on keeping a photo diary so I can keep a close eye on my progress this time, and catch a complication early on if (and I'm really hoping it doesn't) it occurs.

Less than 2 weeks to go!

It's getting close to surgery time now! I call my pharmacist on Thursday to pay for my prescriptions for post op pain. I wonder if I'll be getting the same meds as my original BA. I was given pain killers, sleep aids, and something for nausea… I heard the second time around recovery is better. I hope that's the case. I took less time off work this go. Can't wait to update my blog with post op photos. Hoping for good results!!

2 More Sleeps!!!!!

WOW! I am almost there! I'd like to say that went by fast, but it really didn't! I think time went slower waiting for a revision than my original BA. I'm scheduled for afternoon surgery. No food/drink after midnight Wednesday. I'm sure my nerves will ease my appetite anyway. I'll have a brief consultation with my PS prior to surgery and will emphasize my concern about the 'double bubble' effect if he's still keen on lowering the right fold. I would love if theres a way to get the result of the left side without risking further complications. I guess it will be a decision made the day of surgery. At least I'm fully prepared going in and feel confident that I'll get the reassurance I need before being put under. This will be my last post pre-op! Wish me luck!!!!

All Done Surgery!!!

I had my surgery yesterday afternoon and it looks like it was a success!! Only downfall is I have been soooo sick (nauseous) ever since. I didn't have this after my first BA. The pain is much much better though. It is true what they say, revision recovery is much easier. Overall I love my results. I hope they stay this way. It looks like my PS corrected the left side, but still slightly lowered the right. I have a follow-up next week and can confirm exactly what he did. I still have a slight crease on my left side, but it really doesn't bother me. They're not perfect, but I feel 100% better with this revision. I did get an increase in size, but I don't think it's too noticeable. I'm sure my old bras will still fit, I'll hopefully just fill them out better. I'd write more, but I am on painkillers at the moment and I'm feeling drowsy. I'll give another update after my followup. I took photos today to share. Let me know what you think!

Post-Op Follow up

I had my followup with my PS today and everything seems great! I feel good, and love my results. I just need to be extra careful the next few weeks to make sure the sutures don't tear creating another complication. My PS raised the left implant and with the implant exchange I was left with a symmetrical result. Surprisingly there wasn't any work done to the right side. Since I received smooth implants, they do not adhere and sit a little lower than my old implants. I wear this post op surgical bra day and night for 3 weeks, then I can start wearing normal bras again! It's so exciting having options now that I like the look of my breasts. Even after my original BA I never got to feel that excitement because of my complication. I was advised not to wear a sports bra for at least 6 weeks. I was surprised. I thought the extra support would be good, but because it squishes them, it could damage the internal sutures. Who knew?

Thanks for all the support I received from this site. I wish I had done this for my initial BA. It's so helpful to blog, ask questions, and hear other ladies experiences. I'll probably update in the next couple weeks with more pictures. Right now, there's no change from the revision pics I posted. My PS said my results are pretty much final, with some very minimal changes over the next 6 months. If they stay exactly the same I'll be a happy camper!

2 Week Post-Op

I'm actually into my third week now, but thought I would give a two week review. I feel great. It's like I never had surgery. So much different from my initial BA. I still need to take extra care to make sure I don't overdue it as I am still healing. Has anyone had internal sutures? I have this on the left side and want to make sure I don't tear any stitches. I'm just not sure how long the healing process takes. I plan on calling my PS on Thursday (officially 3 weeks) to see what I can and can't do.

I feel like my left implant still sits a little lower than my right, but overall I'm happy with the results. I think to expect perfection is unrealistic. I can appreciate this more after having a complication. I've uploaded pics of my scars too, which are healing nicely. Sorry about the little bit of blood… this is right after removing the tape.

There are minor changes at two weeks, but provided all is well, I shouldn't expect things to look too different over time. My PS said with the revision, my immediate post op results are basically final. I didn't go too much larger in size, so the implants don't have to drop like they did the first time. The muscle has already stretched.

Wow, what a great looking BA, congrats Girly! (-:
They are beautiful! Love your results
Thanks for your wonderful comments ladies!
Great results!!
You look fantastic xoxo

Congratulations! You look really nice so early post op. Your PS did a great job giving you wonderful symmetry and a very natural look. Glad your post op appointment went well. Good for you for being careful the next few weeks. Keep us posted!

Great results gives me hope for mu revision next month
What a great revision, did you have the same PS, did he replace both? Just wondering because I'm worried I might be starting to have the same problem. I'm 6 mo PO, I go to see my PS next week to see what he thinks.
Thanks! I went to the same PS and he replaced both. Even though I had a complication with my initial BA I never considered going elsewhere. My PS is excellent, highly skilled, and has the paperwork to back it up. Sometimes these things just happen. I wanted breast implants for a long time and that desire out-weighed the risks. I initially had textured tear drop implants and switched to smooth round. Keep an eye on your progress, and watch for changes. Taking pictures helps! So sorry to hear you may be having a complication. It's so stressful. Good luck next week!
Gosh you look lovely. . How much did the revision cost? I've an appointment with my surgeon on Wednesday as mine are still too high and I can't see any improvement in my southward facing nipples. . . But I need to prepare myself for cost implications . . Thanks for sharing! X
I didn't pay for the revision because it was a complication from healing, not self inflicted. Not that it matters to most plastic surgeons. I'm incredibly grateful… I couldn't afford a revision at this time. My initial surgery was 10K. I've heard some cases where the PS fee is waived, but that only covers about 65% of the cost. Check with your surgeon… I was so surprised I did not have to pay. Best of luck!
And thank you for the comment. I feel so much happier with the way I look now. It was difficult making a huge investment and being disappointed and self conscious for the past year. I would have put the revision on credit had it not been covered.
Wow!!!You look awesome:)))
Thank you!!!
Wow! Perfect!!!
Thanks! I'm really happy with the outcome. Now it's just ensuring they stay this way! I'm trying to be extra careful during recovery.
i am happy for you.You make me more comfortable since I am having mine redo in few days.Keep me posted.Hope you have easy recovery!!!
Honestly, the revision recovery is soooooo much easier than the initial BA. You'll be fine. The only problem I'm having is I'm super nauseous. I can't keep much down. My initial BA i was sick once after waking up, but this time it's been constant. I'm hoping it'll be better soon. Good luck with your surgery!
Thanks hon.I hope you get better soon.I was very sick the fusty day and the night of my first BA.Thats why I am going local this time.I think the anesthesia make me sick the first time,so will see now.Thanks for the info:))
Thanks, I'm feeling better today. Let me know how that goes for you. I'm pretty sure my PS won't do local, but I think you'll feel much better afterwards. Good luck!
What size did you get?
435cc
Hope you are feeling better
I am thinking about you.Good luck!!!
Good luck tomorrow