Juvederm for Cheek Volume and Nasal Labial Folds - I Should Have Done This 5 Years Ago!

In my early twenties I began to lose a lot of...

In my early twenties I began to lose a lot of volume in my cheeks and I have been unhappy with the very deep lines in my nasal labial folds for at least five years. Now, at 30 I finally decided to do something about it and I went to have Juvederm done today. I was really nervous because of some of the horror stories I read on this site, but once it was over I couldn't believe how easy it was.

The place where I went was very nice, clean and professional. The women there are all very experienced, friendly, and helpful. Most of them also use the procedures offered on themselves, so they know what they are doing.

When I arrived, there was hardly any wait time, and the office is very pretty and comfortable. They gave me a short consultation and then gave me a topical numbing cream. A few minutes later they injected 1 syringe of juvederm into my nasal lines, it hurt maybe as much as a bee sting, but nothing to bad at all. I was mainly concerned by how much it would swell or bruise, and they assured me I didn't have to worry. After icing it for about 5 minutes, I left the office and ran errands for a couple of hours.

I couldn't believe it, there was absolutely no bruising and no swelling!!! And I looked 2-3 years younger just like that. But I decided I wanted another syringe because unfortunately a little doesn't really go that long of a way with this stuff...so i called them back and asked them if I could come back in to get 1 more syringe. They said they could fit me in and I went back for another, this time of juvederm ultra plus. Juvederm Ultra plus is thicker, and a slightly bigger needle is used, so it hurts a bit more, has a bit more swelling, and also a bit more bleeding than the regular juvederm, but the upside is it lasts longer and is thicker, so to me is worth it.

The second time around the results just added to the youthful appearance I got from the first round, and I also had them inject it on the top of my cheek bone underneath my eyes (which is a much more sensitive area and swells quite a bit more then the cheeks, so I had to ice it constantly for about an hour). I did swell up a bit the second time around, but I saw two friends about 3 hours after (and did not tell either of them about the procedure) and neither of them noticed it at all so it was just me who noticed it.

Overall it was so easy, the results look great, and I really just wish I had done this way sooner! The price isn't cheap at $450 a syringe, but to me it was worth every penny.

Dermfx, Sunset Beach CA

Professional, friendly, convenient, fast

sounds like everythins went pic perfect. I've been just reading up the posts for days and contemplating...can you share with us who your doc was?
Hi Susie- I would try it in the nasal lines first, and then go for other areas once you see how your body reacts to it since lips and underneath the eyes swell up more than nasal lines do...Also Juvederm was milder than Juvederm Ultra Plus, so you might want to start with that first if you want to be as conservative as possible. Good luck! =)
Thank you so much for your post. The two of us sound like we are in the exact same boat. I started noticing a deep nasal labial fold on the right side of my face when I was 23. Now that I am 28, I am noticing the same thing occurring on the left side as well. I also have a little hollowness around my cheek bones that have created 2 lines on each side of my face. I eat well, work out 5 times a week, and don't smoke so this premature aging thing is really bumming me out. Anyway, the horror stories on this board have really scared me from doing anything about it - however, I met with my dermo yesterday and asked her a million questions about fillers. Since I have been researching fillers extensively myself, I have became quite the expert and knew just to ask. I found that she was very knowledgeable about all of them, and told me that she has done about 150 filler procedures over the last six years - and hasn't had any horror stories whatsoever. Just some swelling, some bruising, and a few other minor issues, that is to be expected. But what really made me feel more confident is that she showed me before and after pictures of some of the people in the office that work there. It was literally night and day for one lady. I swear it took 10 years off from her face. Plus my dermo's skin looks great, and she says she uses Juevederm regularly herself. She was very attentive to all of my concerns, and gave me the courage to try this myself. I am going in on Friday to get Juevederm Plus injected into my nasal labial folds on Friday - one vial to start. I am hoping that with Juevederm plus, one is all I will need. If I like it, I will eventually get the hollowness around my cheek bones filled in as well, but one step at a time. Thanks again!