saving up ..

I have always dreamt of having a more symetric...

I have always dreamt of having a more symetric proportionate face. I am not unhappy with my apperance as a whole. However I feel that i have been gifted with the potential of being much more beautiful than I am, and since this is something which is so important to me, why shouldnt I be the best I can possibly be?

I think i have been considering surgery for ten years now. I have a sort of cleopatra-ish nose. Very straight and long,and dominant. I am not quite sure how to make it look better the bigness and longness, without breaking it, because i dont have any lumps to remove. its just too long and big . My front is quite sharp, but a bit too full. I feel I would look much better if I could get a thinner tip on my nose. I also want a chin implant.

For me, I only want the best artist to touch my face, and i am not concerned about the cost. Most likely I will go to the US, whereever I can find the best doctor. I have been researching so much online, and found some quite reputed. Like Dr. Raj Kanodia. However then I find really bad reviews on them as well.. SO im very unsure about what to do. and im afraid to also ruin my apperance if it will not go well...

So now my post is up and running.. I would really...

So now my post is up and running.. I would really appreciate any advice on how to choose the best surgeon for me, as many others, i am terrified to have the wrong do it.. What do you think? Would I be a good candidate? And if anyone knows where i can get those pictures where you can see how it might look after surgery.

Vinati

Ok, so I have been getting a lot of comments from...

Ok, so I have been getting a lot of comments from sweet people here that i dont need surgery and that i look fine just the way I am. Thank you so much for saying such nice things, i really appreciate it. However.. i might have not posted representable enough pictures so now i have posted proper profile views where one can see how long and prominent my nose really is compared to the rest of my face. Is it possible to make my nose shorter?

Hi all, I took these two new phots today of my...

Hi all, I took these two new phots today of my profile, do you think that it would be difficult to make my nose less dominant, and more refined delicate ?

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your lovely...

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your lovely cmments and helpful advice.
I have now decided to how surgery, but I have my mind set on having it in th US, while i live in Europe. This means that i do not have the possibility to visit each doctors and consult, but I will only email them my ppictures, and trust reviews here on realself. I am super super chicken aboout touching my face, and I will not have anyone ruin my looks therefore i want the best only. Does anyone here have experience from being an out of town patient? How did you manage to get a REAL impression of th doctor from emails and reviews. How did you proceed in th process, and all the practical stuff? I am aiming at surgery either in july or august. Have a lovely day!!

saving up for surgery

Hi everyone!

Havent been here in a while, all spring i was super busy with my exams and now work..
I saw some of you that started this journey same time as i did already had surgery, with dr g, and other surgeons.( you look great, so excited for your results).

My parents were supposed to pay for surgery, but took a 360 change and are very much against me having rhinoplasty.. they think that it is foolish of me.. I myself know how much it will improve my outside, and hence how i feel ( inside).
SO now i have summer job to save up for surgery.. but i think i will not reach the sum i need before next summer.

How did you all do this? did you save all the money before having surgery?

saving up

Hello everyone..

Been a while since ive been here. Im currently in the process of saving up for surgery....
If you had surgery, did you save up all the funds before, or did you find another arrangment?

I am a student, and not from us, so i dont qualify for any loan... =(
Does anyone know any options i have other than saving it all before ( doing now, wont be able to have surgery before next summer.. )

I love your nose!
Personally, I would LOVE your nose after my surgery!!! I don't think you need to have anything changed. I have a large dorsal hump and a drooping tip so your nose to me looks like what I wish to achieve after my surgery! With that in mind though, it is completely your decision, but most people go into surgery wanting an improvement and not perfection. While I am not looking for the most perfect cookie cutter nose, I am going in with the expectation that my nose will be improved from it's current state. Good luck!
I looked at your pics again, and I would say that if you are seeking society's ideal of beauty, then sure, a chin implant plus the slightest refinement of your nose would help you reach your goal. I guess the only argument against that is whether or not losing your distinctiveness, in trying to reach a quite common ideal is worth it. Personally, I think being pretty, authentic, and memorable is sexier than having a fairly common beauty that can be bought. But we're all different, and I wish you luck in your decision making.
I 100 percent agree with what you are saying.
Fantastic comment
My surgeon was Dr. Grigoryants in Glendale, California. I think he is fantastic and recommend him without reservation. But he's getting a lot of exposure online, on TV, etc., so I would imagine that one day he will be really expensive. right now though, he is affordable, down-to-earth, and reasonably available despite being in high demand. I see you've gotten lots of advice from other commenters. Usually I have a definite opinion about noses, but in your case, I honestly don't. It's sort of like... could it be more refined? Sure. Is it nice the way it is? Absolutely. Only you can decide if it's worth the risk. I'm sure Dr. G will give you an honest professional opinion as well. He told me he doesn't take patients unless he is sure he can offer them improvement. Just email him, and he'll respond, telling you how to proceed in the process. He generally responds the same day. Good luck.
I think your natural nose is perfect! I believe sometimes we have altered perception of ourselves because we are human. We are naturally going to see ourselves more harshly then others. I honestly don't think you need it done and if you do get it done and it turns out to be something you don't like your kind of stuck. I nose to me had a huge noticeable hump but when I went back to work I had to show people my side by side for them to even realize my nose had changed that much. Do I regret my surgery deffinately not! However I believe yours fits your face. A small nose would probably put your face out of balance. Now if your absolutely set on it and no one can change your mind no matter what they say. Bc that's how I was then make sure you do your research. I had everyonr tell me i didnt need it there was nothing wrong with it blsh blah blah lol! My doctor does out of town patients.
My surgeon has an office in indianapolis, indiana and one is Santa Rosa, California.
This surgery is all about risk vs reward in my opinion. If you have a lot to gain from it, then the decision is really easy. I can't really imagine you changing your nose in a way that you are going to gain anything significant. On the other hand, you have a lottttttttttttttttttttt to lose if the surgery does not go how you want it. You are already pretty, and your nose suits your face just fine. Just doesn't seem like a gamble worth taking. However, if you choose to go through with it, then I am sure you will have the support of everyone here. The best thing about this procedure is that we can all really relate to how it affects one another on a daily basis, and we all understand the desire to change. Best of luck, and I look forward to following your journey!
Don't do it! You don't need it!
Is the last 4 pics after your rhinoplasty? It looks great!!!
Thank you so much, but this is all before, I have not yet had my surgery. Im in the phase of deciding to have it or not =)
Your natural nose is my ideal nose. Love the bridge its exotic and makes the eyes look pretty and tip is perfect not short not long!! I'm jealous :)
Yes i have to agree with everyone. You do not need it!! You are beautiful just the way you are. But i understand about wanting to perfect everything. IF anything and if you feel like you need it done, you can just the refine the tip and make it a more softer looking nose?
I hate when people say this to me, but I'm just going to say it, and echo what everyone else has said, you don't need it! Really. I know people say that to me and I'm like no I do, and then when they look at my nose especially close enough and in person, they agree, even my boyfriend doesn't deny it. BUT you really have suchhhh a pretty nose! Everyone here is right. You have been so nice on my profile, so I don't want you to think I'm not supportive, as you have been in your comments. At the end of the day, you will do what you wish to do however your nose is not big at all like you think it is. Really. You are gorgeous! If you do decide to continue, I would not shorten your nose at all. I can see that you could get away with refining the tip from the front view but other than that, there's nothing to improve. :) xo
Hi thank you so much for your honest opinion, i apperciat it very very much. I have now emailed dr. g, and he told me that i would be a good candidate he wirtes that he would remove the bump on my nosebrigde, ( i do not have a bump but maybe he means that my nose birdg is very high sso that is a bum, and refine the tip, make my nostrils smaller.. I am convinced about him aftr reading your review and others, and i wont have th possibilty to consult with him in person prior to surrgy beacuse i live in europe, so i am a bit unsure how to go about this.. what do you think? xo
omg please don't shorten your nose its so pretty when I was looking at your photos I thought they were after rhinoplasty photos and I thought wow what an amazing job your nose is perfect its so straight all the way down everyone would kill for your nose, its the ideal nose.
Don't do it....you're beautiful now and have a natural looking nose. Too risky and you already look great.
Thank you. But i want to be more beautful =(
Please make sure you communicate clearly to your surgeon what you want and what you don't want. I had told my surgeon that I wanted subtle tip work and stressed that I didn't want to look like someone else. I thought my changes would be minimal but instead was shocked to find that he reshaped my entire nose which does not harmonize well with my face. I now look like someone else and miss the old me everyday. Best of luck to you finding a very skilled and honest surgeon or coming to peace with your natural beauty. The more homework/research you do, the better your chances.
Hi there, just throwing my two-cents in as someone who critiques almost every nose I see, and I always hated people telling me this but I really think your nose gives you "character" in a very good way! I say this as someone who lost some of their character due to rhinoplasty so my opinion could be a little biased, but I now hold the belief that if someone is considered beautiful before, pushing for that little extra could send you in the other direction. I personally don't feel the surgery is a good one for someone with a nose so close to perfection in general, and especially not for a nose that truly compliments your face. You don't want to end up looking weird. Some people are defined by their nose and it can be a real sense of loss of yourself if it ends up looking too different. Again, just my two cents! Go with your instincts. Best of luck to you :)
HI Miss K. Thank you so much for your caring advice.. I totally understand what you mean, and where you are coming from.. but I have this need to be very beautful.. and i dont think i will achieve that wihout surgery.. would it be that risky to do a refinment rhinoplastty? I was thinkin about dr. grig. and as you wrote, if it will end up worse than how I am today, i would be devastated...
It is just my personal opinion that sometimes refinement jobs can be more difficult because those are done on noses that are already pretty ideal for the most part.... it's my personal experience, anyhow. But I definitely understand you on the need you feel to be beautiful. It is also true though that your "before" is a desirable "after" for many. I truly did believe your pics posted were after photos at first. Good luck with whatever you decide :)
You have given me a lot to thnk about. Thank You so much! I will update here wht i decide:-)
Just posting to let you know you should consider Dr. Grigoryants! You're already so pretty, and with his skills more of your beauty will come out! Sounds corny, but really...I think he gets what his patients (mostly women with similar noses as ours) want.