I decided to post my story as reading through so...

I decided to post my story as reading through so many other stories on here has truly helped me during this experience.

I had open rhinoplasty on May 29th. My bridge was shaved down & tip was refined and lifted. The procedure went extermely well. Recovery was not too diffcult either.. only had some minor bruising and swelling under my eyes. By the time I went in to get my tape off (I did not have a cast) and stitches out, I had no facial bruising or swelling. My nose on ther hand... this thing was so swollen and huge I wanted to cry!

As of today, I am 2 weeks post op. I'll put some pictures up shortly.

My tip is still so swollen and uneven. I really hope that this is just due to the extensive tip work my PS performed. I was really hoping for a defined, narrow tip. Right now the tip is very wide and extremely round (the opposite of what I wanted). My side view is not bad.. however some angles I feel as though my nose still looks too large. Again, I am hoping this is all due to extensive swelling.

I'll update with progress pictures weekly....

re-posting the first pic

This is my nose before & an after simulation. (The original pic I posted was too small in size)

Pre-surgery photos...

As you can see, I never took profile pictures before.. and this is why.
I did master the 3/4 angle to get a decent shot!

3 weeks post op

So I am now at 3 weeks post op.... I have to admit, I have my good days and my bad.
Comparing my photos, I can see how it has changed since last week. It is slowly starting to get smaller and even out. But, unfortunately it is still way to swollen and the tip is still large and round and uneven (especially from the front view).

1 month!

I can't believe it's already been 1 month since the surgery! Time has passed really quickly..
Anyways... I still hate my nose from the front. It's not defined, it's really wide and uneven. I'm planning on calling my doctor next week to inquire about the steroid shot. I've seen a few people on here who have had it to help decrease some swelling.
I think I like my profile, but sometimes I look at it and it still looks too big...like the bridge could have been shaved down more, and my tip appears too long as well. But maybe it looks this way because it is still swollen?
Anyways... this procedure is all about waiting, waiting, waiting.... I'm trying to be patient but it's so hard!

pics..

It's been extremely hot over here...way too hot... I feel like my nose has swollen in size just from this heat!

But..it is looking better..though still not perfect to me..
Doctor appointment soon..maybe a steroid shot will help!

Hmm..

I took these pics the other day..and i'm liking how scooped my nose is starting to look from the left side. Although you can still see how round and swollen it is on the tip.. maybe there is hope!
But the right side is weird cause it's obv less swollen then the left on the tip..but it looks straigh and pointy. SO weird! my left side and right side don't match! Is anyone else having this same problem??

update..

It's been a while since my last update! I'm roughly at 6 months post op...
Honestly, I feel like my nose is getting worse as it heals... A revision is definitely in the future. I think just tip work should be enough to get my desired results.
Compared to a few months back, my tip has dropped so much and become much larger! It's so frustrating.
Here's some pics..

more pics (6 months post-op)

approx 8 months post op

I want a revision.
These simulations show how my nose is currenlty (at 8 months post op) and how I want it to be.
I have an appointment with my surgeon in February. I hope he understands, otherwise I will look into other surgeons...

Good news! Revision Booked!!

I'm scheduled for a revision in June... possibly sooner if a spot opens up (*fingers crossed*)

Here's what happened:

I had my 9 month post op check up last week... and my doctor looked at my nose and explained that during the surgery, he used a suture to lift the tip... unfortunately, this wasn't strong enough and my tip has dropped significantly from the build up of scar tissue. Sooooo... he is now planning on revising my tip by using cartlidge to build and lift it up. For my revision he will use an open approach again, remove the scar tissue, fix the tip with a cartlidge graft and also shave down my bridge some more to reduce the projection of my nose, and create a more defined scooped shape.

I am so happy!!! I was worried that he would be like so many other surgeons and try to convince me that my nose was still swollen and I need to keep waiting. He honestly addmitted that my nose will not continue to improve on it's on, and that revision is the only way to achieve my desired results.

I trust Dr. Perron completely - he knows what he did to my nose initially, so he knows exactly how to fix it and make it perfect. (and for those of you wondering, this revision is free of charge since it is necessary to revise his mistake.)

I'm so happy! I really hope someone cancels and I am able to get this done as soon as possible!!!! Waiting is the hardest part....

Waiting for April 16th

Now that my revision is booked, I am starting to get nervous. In about one month i will be going through all of this all over again! I hope my experience is helping others on this site who may be going through the same thing... I will update all of you on the success and progress of my revision.

Lots of love xox
Calgary Plastic Surgeon

Amazing doctor, staff & over all practice.

All the best today, sending good healing vibes your way! :)
Good for you! I am booked for revision on April 29th. I have waited and obsessed over this for way too long. I am still very scared and getting worse as the days tick by but HAVE to just put my faith and trust in my surgeon that he will fix it. My nose has also changed over the last few years although i was'nt happy with the primary right from the cast coming off, but it was long ago and we did'nt have this wonderful site to help and encourage us along the way. Good luck with your revision :)
Thank you! Good luck with your revision as well... I hope that both of us will finally be satisfied with our choice to have this surgery. This site is wonderful! It's a great support system :) Please keep us updated :)
How much do you have to pay for the revision? I think my tip is doing the exact same thing as yours. He said give it the summer because he thought there was still a lot swelling (3 months post op) and then go from there. So far it isn't as small as I wanted it and looks similar to my old nose.
3 months post op is rather early - I would say I was around 6 months when my swelling was down enough to really tell - and I was at 9 months when the doctor decided that a revision was necessary. Thankfully, the revision is free of charge. I'm glad he's an honest surgeon who wants to perfect his work and for his patients to be 100% satisfied.
100% agree. Will definitely see how it looks after the summer. It is amazing how it can change. Good luck, I think you will be happy with the results. :)
Your tip is swollen, it will get smaller in 3 to 4 yrs. I seriously don't see a tip. I can't believe you want it smaller!! Good luck
I agree that it will probably get smaller. Many have said that they did not see final results until 3 years. Because of this, I think its a good idea to wait as long as possible. I think she looks great now!
Neither one of you is a plastic surgeon. Please refrain from posting your uneducated opinions on my body. My doctor physically examined my nose and diagnosed that my desired outcome will not "magically" appear after 3 years of waiting.
That's great news! I'm so happy for you :-) I still think your nose looks fine, but I can definitely see the difference as time has gone by and can understand your want of a revision. I hope a spot opens up for you, but 3 months isn't that long to wait. Best wishes to you!
Thank you for your story! Of course I think that you look gorgeous and that your new nose is better than old... But I can also see from your simulation that a revision could be even more pretty. I'm still pretty depressed with my results. Not sure what is swelling and what may be changes that are not flattering yo my appearance. I'm trying to be patient (20 days out), but still get blue often looking in the mirror. Waiting 9 months is sufficient time to consider revision. Good luck with the next round and plz keep us posted!
Thanks so much! I undestand exactly how you feel, but 20 days out is still very early. I hope your swelling does go down and you love the result. Make sure to have regular check up appoinments with your surgeon so that he knows how you feel..and if you're still not happy closer to the year mark.. hopefully he will be able to make things better!! Keep us posted! :)
Also I just have to say, its funny how the mind plays tricks on you because you said your nose got bigger but actually the angle the photo was taken has not been the same as original hence making it look bigger, and yes the tip has dropped probably because your surgeon did not use a columella strut to hold it in place.
If you look at my 6 month post you can see in the last pic is a side by side with the same angle showing the difference. Also, i know for a fact it got bigger and my surgeon agrees. He admitted that he misjudged my nose and should have used a different approach (cartlidge graft). That is why we both decided a revision is best. He knows he can make my nose better. Also i want him to shave my bridge some more..so its more then just tip work. But thanks for your comment anyways.
ohh I understand.
you can save yourself the trouble and risk by utilizing carole magios nose exercise. I think perfection is the enemy of good and especially after surgery, revisions have higher risks of complications. Caroles exercise will lift the tip as much as you want it lifted.
I 'm glad your surgeon will be able to fix your nose. I hope you get the results you desire this time and they last forever. Even though I was not happy with my primary nose surgery in 2001. But overall there was some improvement in my profile. But unfortunately my nose kept changing in the last few years. I am scheduled for a revision next month with a different surgeon. I posted a review here. Good luck to you.
Hi! Thanks for the encouragement, I wish you all the best as well. I had a chance to read through your review and I see that your nose has been through some changes as well. I hope the revision will give you your desired results!
Thanks dear. At the beginning I thought I was imagining things about my nose changing. But then I started to compare my photos and it was obvious to me that it has changed. I appreciate your kind words.
I think we shouldn't obsess about our noses too much and just enjoy the journey. The truth is that it is really hard to get it how we want and we can only try and get revised. My tip is no where near as high as I want it, my nostrils are still uneven and I think my nose has been slimmed too much with a hump put in. Again, I still don't know what it will look like in the future and if im not happy with it Ill just get it revised, dont be too hard on yourself, we can only do the best we can. xx
Mine is looking the same way, I am pretty bummed about it. :(
I think you look great and just want to remind you that swelling last a long, long time. I think most of my shrinkage occurred during the 15-18 month mark. Some have even said that they didn't see final results until the 3 year mark! Please be patient and don't rush into a revision until you've allowed plenty of time for healing. You're so pretty already!
I agree with you if your still not satisfied talk to your surgeon and see what he says about it. Pls update us. Thanks.
I think your nose looks amazing! And you're ridiculously gorgeous too so that helps!
Your nose is an improvement from your old nose! It looks great but I can definitively see the difference from when the cast came off to now. I had the opposite happen to me. My nose was very swollen pig-like when the cast came off and now it's slimming down too much... I'm terrified of going for a second rhino. I hope you get the results you want! Stay positive you're stunning :-)