Revision booked for April 16/2014

I decided to post my story as reading through so...

I decided to post my story as reading through so many other stories on here has truly helped me during this experience.

I had open rhinoplasty on May 29th. My bridge was shaved down & tip was refined and lifted. The procedure went extermely well. Recovery was not too diffcult either.. only had some minor bruising and swelling under my eyes. By the time I went in to get my tape off (I did not have a cast) and stitches out, I had no facial bruising or swelling. My nose on ther hand... this thing was so swollen and huge I wanted to cry!

As of today, I am 2 weeks post op. I'll put some pictures up shortly.

My tip is still so swollen and uneven. I really hope that this is just due to the extensive tip work my PS performed. I was really hoping for a defined, narrow tip. Right now the tip is very wide and extremely round (the opposite of what I wanted). My side view is not bad.. however some angles I feel as though my nose still looks too large. Again, I am hoping this is all due to extensive swelling.

I'll update with progress pictures weekly....

re-posting the first pic

This is my nose before & an after simulation. (The original pic I posted was too small in size)

Pre-surgery photos...

As you can see, I never took profile pictures before.. and this is why.
I did master the 3/4 angle to get a decent shot!

3 weeks post op

So I am now at 3 weeks post op.... I have to admit, I have my good days and my bad.
Comparing my photos, I can see how it has changed since last week. It is slowly starting to get smaller and even out. But, unfortunately it is still way to swollen and the tip is still large and round and uneven (especially from the front view).

1 month!

I can't believe it's already been 1 month since the surgery! Time has passed really quickly..
Anyways... I still hate my nose from the front. It's not defined, it's really wide and uneven. I'm planning on calling my doctor next week to inquire about the steroid shot. I've seen a few people on here who have had it to help decrease some swelling.
I think I like my profile, but sometimes I look at it and it still looks too big...like the bridge could have been shaved down more, and my tip appears too long as well. But maybe it looks this way because it is still swollen?
Anyways... this procedure is all about waiting, waiting, waiting.... I'm trying to be patient but it's so hard!

pics..

It's been extremely hot over here...way too hot... I feel like my nose has swollen in size just from this heat!

But..it is looking better..though still not perfect to me..
Doctor appointment soon..maybe a steroid shot will help!

Hmm..

I took these pics the other day..and i'm liking how scooped my nose is starting to look from the left side. Although you can still see how round and swollen it is on the tip.. maybe there is hope!
But the right side is weird cause it's obv less swollen then the left on the tip..but it looks straigh and pointy. SO weird! my left side and right side don't match! Is anyone else having this same problem??

update..

It's been a while since my last update! I'm roughly at 6 months post op...
Honestly, I feel like my nose is getting worse as it heals... A revision is definitely in the future. I think just tip work should be enough to get my desired results.
Compared to a few months back, my tip has dropped so much and become much larger! It's so frustrating.
Here's some pics..

more pics (6 months post-op)

approx 8 months post op

I want a revision.
These simulations show how my nose is currenlty (at 8 months post op) and how I want it to be.
I have an appointment with my surgeon in February. I hope he understands, otherwise I will look into other surgeons...

Good news! Revision Booked!!

I'm scheduled for a revision in June... possibly sooner if a spot opens up (*fingers crossed*)

Here's what happened:

I had my 9 month post op check up last week... and my doctor looked at my nose and explained that during the surgery, he used a suture to lift the tip... unfortunately, this wasn't strong enough and my tip has dropped significantly from the build up of scar tissue. Sooooo... he is now planning on revising my tip by using cartlidge to build and lift it up. For my revision he will use an open approach again, remove the scar tissue, fix the tip with a cartlidge graft and also shave down my bridge some more to reduce the projection of my nose, and create a more defined scooped shape.

I am so happy!!! I was worried that he would be like so many other surgeons and try to convince me that my nose was still swollen and I need to keep waiting. He honestly addmitted that my nose will not continue to improve on it's on, and that revision is the only way to achieve my desired results.

I trust Dr. Perron completely - he knows what he did to my nose initially, so he knows exactly how to fix it and make it perfect. (and for those of you wondering, this revision is free of charge since it is necessary to revise his mistake.)

I'm so happy! I really hope someone cancels and I am able to get this done as soon as possible!!!! Waiting is the hardest part....

Waiting for April 16th

Now that my revision is booked, I am starting to get nervous. In about one month i will be going through all of this all over again! I hope my experience is helping others on this site who may be going through the same thing... I will update all of you on the success and progress of my revision.

Lots of love xox
Calgary Plastic Surgeon

Amazing doctor, staff & over all practice.