Septorhinoplasty

Hey realselfers, I've finally managed it to the...

Hey realselfers,
I've finally managed it to the operating room. Had two other appoimtments before, that had to be cancelled due to a cold and a herpes infection. I was really disappointed, but the good thing is, at the third attempt i wasn't even nervous anymore.
I had an s-shaped septum deviation, and had also asked for some tipwork in local anesthesia. Everything looks good so far, have no swelling or bruising in my face, i guess it's just my nose, that looks like a piggy potato.

Day 4

Before pictures

Day 6- tape on the tip got sticky and i was allowed to cut it off

Well, i finally can see my tip area, and i'm a bit disappointed. The columella is really big, swollen and droopy, my profile is very round at this point. i was prepared for the swelling, but i feel so unhappy today. Tomorrow i go to my surgeon and i'll see my whole nose. Scary!

Incision

Cast off- extremely swollen tip and columella

10 days post

These are the best, most de-swollen shots of my nose.

Hopeful

actually, the bump is a new addition. My doctor said it would be swelling, but it feels rock hard. I hope that it stays, because i really like it, i think if the nose is otherwise feminine and soft/cute looking, it only adds some characterto my face.
What i do not like, is my bulbous tip and columella, which are also new. I hope its really just the swelling, not the columellar graft, that i got.

Slowly getting where i wanna be

On the operating table

Nose is already swollen, full with lidocain (liquid)

16 days post, swelling

Before

Slightly long, bulbous, droopy tip, pollybeak. Anything you can imagine!

Morning- evening swelling

Before-after front

Day 5- day 8 swelling

Looking at the pics i am amazed, how much the tip has defined in just 10 days. In the mirror i didnt realize! I am very happy and optimistic, that the nose will be beautiful in 6 month!

3 weeks post op vs. Planned nose (simulation)

Although the angle is not the same, i think its pretty accurate.

Before- after

5 weeks

There are days, or at least hours, when i absolutely love my new nose, but most of the time, i simply dislike the big, round, still droopy from some angels tip. I really hope, that its just the swelling -had an open rhino- and that it'll turn out beautiful and small.

5 weeks- 10 days

Dr. V K

Nice!!!
Thank you! :)
Tuesday is the big day now for me. I am very excited to have my Rhinoplasty. I require a bit of Septoplasty too as my septum is not straight. I am having a general anaethetic though, there is no way i could stay awake, i am just not that brave. I just have to be patient to see the final result. will definitely post before and during pics as i go.
I' m very excited for you! 4 more days to go!!!
How did it go?
Thank you for posting "the before" pics.You look great now,but i must say that your nose looked really good also before.As I see you had really small change to it.Maybe thats why you didin't bruise that much.I for sure need more stuff done to my nose.
She didnt break my bones, but she filed on them, i heard it, and she did elevate the tip, used grafts, did a supratip break. My nose is overall much more slender, a bit shorter, and a little bit upturned. But nobody noticed anything, even after telling i had something done.
I am having a Rhinoplasty with Dr Varga Klara in two weeks. Just wanted to ask how your nose is now and if you are happy with it?
Hello, i am doing great, she was very-very gentle with my tissues as i didn't bruise at all. (Well, plus the genetics i guess) As for my nose, i have good days and bad days, swelling comes and goes. I saw her today, i was very swollen in the morning... But she said it looks good and its way too soon to worry about anything, we have to wait for the fine details. Theres still lots of internal swelling. She did exactly what i was asking for, a subtle change. Sometimes i can't even see that she has done anything, because when i swell, the nose gets bigger than before. But i try to not think constantly about it. And on my better days, i love my new nose. :)
Why did you choose this doctor?What others did you meet before choosing Dr.Klara?
Hi!Could you tell the name of the doctor because I'm considering doing my nose in Budapest?
Hello, her name is dr. Varga Klara, she's an ENG plastic surgeon. Very sweet woman.
Thank you for your answer.How did you find this doctor?Did someone recommend her?
There are just 4 ENT plastic surgeons in Hungary, i met them all, and she was the only one, who understood what bothered me, did a simulation on the spot, plus, she is really a nice person. On my first op-date she didn't operate because of a heroes infection. She had time and i asked her to show me pics. But only of her works, that she considers as not so good. That was the point where i knew, either her, or i stay natural. I also like her "style", her taste, she doesnt do very scooped out noses, f. e.
Sorry for the typos :)
Thank you!What are the other doctors you met? I just have no luck finding something online.Only found doctor Greg Pataki,but haven't found any reviews about him or his work.
Other big names in Rhinoplasty are: Karasz Tamas, he was my second choice, Rezek Ödön, Csuha Lajos.
Thank you for answering,you helped me so much!Im looking at Karasz Tamas Facebook,it's in hungarian but still there are photos of rhinoplasty,performed I hope by him and I would say Its pretty good.What in him you didn't like,that made you choose Dr. Varga. Klara?
First of all, i love his work! But we had communication issues, he's not that good in answering e-mails, sending the promised pics, etc. I couldn't cope with his chaotic personality.
I'm happy i could help! Hope you'll find your doctor!
That's not cool,but I spend a lot of time in Budapest so I hope to visit the top 2 of your picks.I only heard about Dr. Rezek Ödön,from my cosmetologist in. Budapest,she was saying that he only does noses and very good doctor,but found nothing about him on the internet.Do you have a before picture?Your "new"nose is really pretty,it's perfect for your face I think!
Thanks for all the information. I'm really looking forward to my procedure and I'm under no illusions I won't see the final product of my nose for a few months. I just want to know how soon after the operation I can go back to the gym fully.
Hi,are you doing it with one of the doctors?
Yeah I have an appointment with Dr Varga Klara next week.
It depends. You can do yoga or pilates 2-3 weeks after, but no strenghous exercises. I forgot to ask, but i think its not written in stone, i'm gonna go back 1 month post. Cant wait!