Upper and Lower S As Well As Endoscopic Brow Lift, and Revision to my Prior Facelift -Birmingham, MI

I had a facelift (below the eyes only) last May. (...

I had a facelift (below the eyes only) last May. ( read my facelift review) I have waited for most of the healing to be done, but do need a small revision to the neck. I originally wanted the eyes done too, but I chickened out. I thought, at least if he messes something up, it won't be my eyes too! I went for my 8 month check up where we discussed all of the above. I have never had eyes with a nice high brow, and my eyelids were never "beautiful". Curses to my parents! LOL. the past 2-3years have shown a large change in my looks, you know, continued stress with being a widow, arthritis, not sleeping, etc. I'm going for it! I also had a second opinion from a very respected PS, just for validation that what my PS said was accurate......he concurred 100%. if I get an upper lid only, the weight of the fallen brow and the smaller eye area would only pull the brow down more. I don't want to look like a Neanderthal, so I think this needs to be done! he said I will have some doozy headaches for a while, and would always have numb areas from the brow lift. I still have numbness in front of my ears from my FL, so I am used to that process. As all surgeons do, they say "back to work in 10 days". This is so untrue, I have arranged to have 18 days off, that's all I could swing. I know I would be ready 100 percent, but I feel it'll be enough to get myself back in the world. Excited and scared......especially about the brow lift.

Possible snafu.

My insurance approved the upper bleph, but for a different PS, the one I had the consultation with. I didn't know they were going to get an approval! I don't know if my PS takes any insurance....and if I pay for it, I cannot be reimbursed. Sooo, I may have to wait on the upper bleph, and have the other PS perform it later. I'm so bummed, I wanted it all done at one time. I have a meeting with my PS Wednesday, so I'll see how this plays out. It's always something! I've attached photos so you can see what I'm working with here, in terms of my eyes.

Date moved up

Due to work conflicts, I am now going to have this done on 2/6. And 15 days off, instead of 18. Lord help me! LOL

Precautions about numbness

Had my final consult prior to surgery. I was informed that a risk is permanent numbness, itching and tightness is possible related to brow lift. As I have had a facelift already, and am eight months out from it, I understand it well. I still have a loss of feeling right in front of my ears and realize it may be permanent, although it generally takes a year to resolve, if it does at all. It's not bothersome though, and a good trade off to have a better looking neck! Soon to have the full eye treatment :)

3 days post brow lift

So it's been three days now. Three drains were removed yesterday and 5 neat little rows of staples. Top of head and forehead are numb, and the headache from day one is very minimal. I have more discomfort from the eyelid lift. From what I can see, it's going to look fabulous! I know it will settle down a bit in position, but I have a hunch that it was done perfectly :). Again, I had uppers, lowers, and browlift done....plus a revision to the left side from lower facelift 8 months ago. The first hair washing was not fun as I was scared to touch it. Got Moore goop out today. Maybe to tomorrow it'll be finished!

Six days

Looking good! Numbness on head and forehead, yet creepy crawly sensation at the same time. Last night my forehead, temples, eyebrows were killing me while it's numb. Weirdest sensations. LOL.

Day 7

my advise, don't over do it! I've been super good about resting, no bending, etc. I felt good yesterday so I overdid it. I paid for it last night. Woke up numerous times with sharp pains in cheek, brow area, and forehead. I'm wiped out today, and have to drive myself to get out staples and stitches today. Lord help me. LOL

Day 7 after sutures and staples out

I'm exhausted. My first time out of house since the procedure. Headaches a lot today. Here are photos after having this done today, so glad they are out! Good news, I have eyelids again! So excited to wear eye makeup again :)

Profile pic

Temp set back

So, I was tired of my recliner, so decided to try to sleep in bed. Woke up on my side with weird swelling, raging headache and my eyelids looking like right after surgery. Groan! Headache has persisted all day, even with Tylenol, ice, and pain meds. Here's hoping tomorrow is better :)

Loving the results

I feel so lucky to have found my PS, I think he did an amazing job on browlift, and the upper and lower lids. He is a genius with scars as well, as evidenced by my lower fl 9 months ago. So so happy with results.
Dr William Sabbaugh

Leval, What a transformation! You look beautiful--and very natural!!! How is the FL healing? Ruz
Ruz, it's going well. I have posts on the three areas. Brow, eye, and FL areas as I had all done and wanted people to see good results for whatever they are looking for. I am so happy with the results! How is the healing with yours going? Hope this finds you well and on the way to optimum results! I am sure you are gorgeous :)
Beautiful Leval, I'm approaching the 3 month mark, and I'm still swollen, which is obscuring the results, so I'm hanging in there, hoping things will continue to get better. Seeing your results gives me hope that once everything settles, my face will look better. Cheers, Ruz
Hi Leval, I know brow lifts can be challenging, but your eyes look amazing I'm not a doc but i think your results are much better having done the brow with the eyes together! You have very pretty eyes and I think they will turn out perfect with the brow....all the best to you.
Thanks kitkat! The results are going to be amazing when it's all said and done.
Looking good! On Feb 28th @ 8am, will have brow lift and more. Thanks! Ishtar
Good luck Ishtar! A brow lift is not for the faint hearted, but worth it. LOL
Leval, Good grief ! ....that really complicates you surgery schedule and you just found this out. Yikes. On the brow lift thing....have you checked old photos of your self in your 20's? Some people have lower brows for sure and in photo reviews of today's "most beautiful" they seem to all have low brows (the kind PS would immediately try to correct). But in your case...does it look like they have "fallen" from when you were younger? Sometimes when we unconsciously use the forehead muscles in a way that pulls them down they do habituate into a very slightly depressed position but that is not because they have actually "fallen". In 2011 there were a little over 200K eye lifts and only 28K brow lifts. Does that mean that 170K ,men and women are going to have their eyebrows fall down and make their results undesirable? I don't know any PS who link these two procedures or I would ask the question myself but I wonder what the answer to this is. Is it something rather unique to your circumstance because you know there are some Ps who insist that almost every eye lift should be done in a way that necessitates a brow lift as well. Again going back to the stats of eye lifts and brow lifts in 2011 how does this compute? Just wondering, esp since you have a new scenario to consider ...grace60
Grace, no he didn't insist on brow lift. He explained (as did the other one I consulted with) the options, and left it to me to decide. I've made the decision, and I'm content with it. Hope all is well with you! Btw, have you had any PS since you had your eyes done many years ago? Just curious, because most people don't come on here unless they have their procedures set up, And are ready to go! :).
I think you are correct that many here have already made a decision about having surgery but quite a few are searching for information about which docs do great work and which procedures provide the best result with the fewest complications. When you get to a certain age, there is a calculation of benefit to risk that gets made. You see a lot of women getting facelifts at 65 to 70 but not too many doing full face fat transfers, BBA or BA's. Selectivity is a function of knowledge about results and costs~financial, emotional, physical. SO, I have a FL doc selected based on info discovered on RS and I have at least 2 procedures I will avoid if at all possible. I am grateful for what I have learned here. And so I wish you well. I'm sure you will have a wonderful result just as I have seem many great results here on RS. Best wishes for your procedure to go well and for a quick recovery.