Lower Body Lift with Lipo and Fat Transfer to Buttocks After Weight Loss Surgery - Birmingham, AL

Hi Everyone! I am scheduled for a Belt Lipectomy...

Hi Everyone! I am scheduled for a Belt Lipectomy with Lipo and Fat transfer to Buttocks on August 22, 2014. I lost 105 pounds with Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. I am a bit nervous! I will post pre-op photos soon. I did not qualify for insurance assistance with this procedure so I am paying cash. I was told the panniculus doesn't hang low enough.. I currently weigh 170 pounds and wear size 10 petite pants. Hoping to wear size 8 after procedure...Yay! Keeping my fingers crossed...LOL

3 days until surgery

WOW! I can not believe my surgery date is 3 days away! I am nervous and anxious! I have cleaned my entire house without stopping. I am going grocery shopping today and purchasing some remaining supplies for surgery post-op. Also, still have laundry to do. I am trying to keep my mind occupied so I don't worry so much. I am staying away from negative people and negative comments concerning plastic surgery!! I did take a few before photos but I am absolutely disgusted when I look at them. Perhaps I'll post them before surgery....still thinking it over. I have read tons of surgery stories and it seems a bunch of you ladies take Arnica, Bromelian, and Turmeric post-op. However, my surgery booklet with do's and don't's strictly states NOT to take these drugs pre-op nor post-op. I really don't know what to do.. Also, can someone tell me when should I start using the gelzone wrap and silicone strips post-op? Thanks everyone! Any last minute advice is greatly appreciated.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Schaffer is extremely professional! He describes your procedure in complete detail. The office staff is wonderful. I can't say enough great things about Hedden Plastic Surgery!

Congratulations on the weight loss! All will be well, you will see. Keep us posted with pics :) Good Luck!
Thank you! I can't believe my surgery is 9 days away..
It will be here before you know it! Mine is the 30th of September and it seems like it is just around the corner
Congrats! I will be getting LBL on August 13th too! I had my pre-op appt this morning and did labs so it's getting real now.
Had my LBL along with a breast lift on June 18th. I once weighed over 300 lbs and now am a steady 120 lbs at 5'4'' and 64 years old. I am soooo happy I finally did this. I have a wonderful PS and he will be doing an arm lift and removing upper back skin on Sept 8th. I'm not looking forward to it but will be happy to finish what I started years ago and looking forward to my senior years!
Yay! Your procedure is scheduled before mine. Please post your experience so I know what to expect! Will you be hospitalized after your procedure?
Thanks! It's never to late to live a happy life! Congrats on your weight loss! Wow! How are you feeling now from the LBL?
Also, did Dr. Schaffer do your surgery?
I am feeling great! No complications and was pretty much back to normal after 4 weeks. I am back to walking a couple of miles a day too and at 4 weeks sex became "fun" again. :) Scars still will continue to get better but even they are so much better than I anticipated. Can hardly even tell on the boobs and I already had a mid-line scar from a previous surgery and that looks so much better now. The scar around y body is very thin. I live in TN and Dr. Breazeale in Knoxville is my PS. Choosing the right surgeon makes All the difference and seems that is what you have done as well. Best of luck to you and I'm sure you will be very happy with the results. I will be following your progress. Still, as stated earlier, I will be back in surgery on Sept 8th myself.
Thanks! Good luck with your future surgery! I look forward to your progress. I'm thrilled we have a site to converse, exchange stories and gain helpful insight.