Michelangelo of rhinoplasty - Beverly Hills, CA

I have had multiple Rhinoplasty surgeries done...

I have had multiple Rhinoplasty surgeries done before, including one with a renowned surgeon in Beverly Hills. None achieved a result that I was fully happy with. Every time it fixed a couple of issues but introduced new problems. This was my last attempt at improving the visual appearance of my nose.

Since I had chosen prior surgeons by personal recommendation (which did not yield the results I wanted), I decided to consult with every known plastic surgeon in Los Angeles. The who is who of Rhinoplasty. Heads up: avoid Simoni like cancer, the guy is literally nuts. I told every surgeon in detail what I wanted. The usual household Beverly Hills names advised me not to touch this nose again, saying it will be very problematic to make improvements due to existing scar tissue etc - their pride and ego prevented them from "declining" the job, but you could see they knew they could not deliver what I wanted and they were too proud to say so. Meaning: they would have given it "a shot" if I would have "made an appointment", although they knew too well they were lacking the necessary skillset for this difficult revision.

Keep this in mind when looking for a plastic surgeon. The hardest thing is finding a plastic surgeon who can actually deliver what they promise !

Only one surgeon actually admitted that he was not skilled enough to do these complicated revisions, and he was professional enough to recommend Dr. Calvert as my only hope of getting the results I wanted.

This was a revelation, a plastic surgeon who not only "admits defeat" but recommends a competitor. My hat off to you. Naturally, this further inclined me to see Dr. Calvert asap, who was on my list but impossible to get an appointment with as he was always booked out. It's really a shame that none of the other "household names" can put their ego aside and do what's right for the patient and recommend the right man for the job they clearly cannot do (in my case the X-th revision), especially since they know Dr. Calvert too well: their Rhinoplasty failures land on Calvert's table.

Dr. Calvert specializes in complicated revisions, and what seems to be impossible for others is his bread and butter. Not only does he look like a superhero (not joking, he actually looks like The Dark Knight Christian Bale), but he is gifted with a truly unique skillset. In our first meeting, he was very informative and detailed about what can be done and what needs special attention, and it was clear immediately there are (almost) no limits for him and his skills, which to be quite honest confused me a little bit at first as it contradicted what all these other surgeons had said and advised.

I asked him what (in his honest opinion) could be improved on the visual appearance of my nose. And he stated exactly the things that I needed fixed. He saw what I saw. Obviously this is what you want prior to a surgery, you want to be on the same page. The man is transparent, no funny business here, no attempt to rip you off (as so many other's do). More importantly, he will tell you when things do not need to be fixed.

Calvert's staff is outstanding. Super professional, educated, informative, funny, easy to deal with and they take care of you in every possible aspect. Heaven. Did I mention only beautiful people work there ? Heaven.

After a few meetings with him (going over every detail), I decided to move forward with the surgery. Surgery went perfectly fine, I decided to do the hyper-barric chamber afterwards for further improvements.

Dr. Calvert delivered EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED. I can only describe this as a masterpiece by the Michelangelo of Rhinoplasty. Considering that he achieved a perfect revision on a nose that had multiple, failed surgeries prior to his, while other's couldn't do that on the primary attempt (which is way, way easier). That's how good the guy is. There's a reason this man charges what he charges and he is worth every penny (and much more). Don't waste your time with people who cannot deliver what you want, go see Dr. Calvert.

Highly, highly recommended.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

@twinny05: I paid everything in cash including hyper-barric. It's an external location, has nothing to do with RoxSpa / Calvert.
Isn't it like 500 a session plus you could have probably had it coverd with a letter of medical necessity . And I inquired about the chamber u need to go 45min three times a week for it to be effective
it was a while ago, don't remember exact details but I think I did 4 or 6 sessions and didn't pay more than 2K...
@Angiemcc: recovery was good (like I stated I've been through this 3 times already, so no biggie), with the difference that this time I did the hyper-barric chamber to further increase my chances of an improved result. We did a slight touch up a few months later in the office when some of the swelling / scar tissue on the left side was not coming down as much as i wanted. he incjected me with something and it was gone a week later. took 2 mins.
Did you pay for hyperbaric or did insurance cover it. ?
How does the hyper-barric chamber improve results? Do you have photos you would be willing to privately share? If not, I understand. Did you require grafts?
I did not consult with Nassif, he was on my list. I don't want to state the other names of the doctors I did consult with out of respect. I know some of them very well, no need to hurt feelings. You know who they are. Beverly Hills household names. I can only advise you to avoid Simoni. Regarding b/a after pics. not gonna post them here or anywhere. does not matter. left side of my nose was completely different than right side. Looked like a boxers nose from the left. no symmetry. I took time to write this review for others to help out. I wish I had known before what I know now, would have avoided lots of pain, money and time. All these docs tell blablabla stories. I had 3 surgeries prior to Calverts. As u know, the ice gets thinner and thinner with every surgery. And Calvert delivered on the 4th (!!!) rhinoplasty. We used rib cartilage. It was necessary, don't care what any other docs say or pretends "it is not necessary". I told him to take whatever he needs. I want RESULTS, rib cartilage was the least of my concerns. Look at it like this: you wanna supply the painter who paints the masterpiece that is your face with all the paint and tools that he needs. Ask your current favorite doc for your next surgery if he knows Calvert, and if he is as good as Calvert on revisions. THEY ALL KNOW HIM. Hope this helps. @twinny05: u can think fake or not all u want, point is this: u wana get something fixed / done and wanna know if Calvert is good, schedule an appointment. We are all just sharing our experiences here. U still have to meet with him (and everybody else for that matter) and feel comfortable to move forward.
Communicated with last person via email and saw her pictures. Can't remember the screen name, but I still feel frustration about a lot of these reviews. Still haven't between able to see pics for the MX doctors Im interested in.

Thanks for sharing your experience on RealSelf! I'm glad you're so happy with your results. What was recovery like for you?

I am happy that you found this doctor to fix your nose. It's hard to find an honest surgeon nowadays. It would be nice to see your before/after photos. Thanks for sharing your great story.
Wow! Informative! Did you ever consult with Nassif, also in Bev Hills? Can you share pics of your nose?
Omg another fake review - can't you find patients any other way
Twinny the last person we thought was fake, wasnt.
How do you know. ? Did u see pics I found it so wired that the words septal perforation was used in basically all his reviews . Plus with this review dr calvert is notorious for fake reviews . On another forum I got very weird pms from people claiming to be former patients but not 1 would send a pic