Hump -Beverly Hills, CA

Okay so 7th grade i was told twice that i had a...

Okay so 7th grade i was told twice that i had a big nose and i would constantly get these prank calls of girls telling me i was ugly and ever since then i really started to notice it and its bugged me since! I feel so unattractive and there are days where i just cant stand to look at myself!im currently in the 9th grade going to 10th and ill be turning 16! This has been on my mind a lot my 9th grade year and its to the point where i hate going out because of how self conscious i am..i hate my profile and i feel like that is the first thing everyone notices about me!i live with my grandma and she is all for the nose job but money is an issue. i bring up my nose everyday and constantly am battling my self with rude comments.she knows how upset i get when i hear rude comments from others and she knows I've been bullied for it! The bullying has gotten so bad that i tried committing suicide in the 8th grade twice and this year i thought about it once,i try not to let it bring me down but i cant stand my appearance and i don't think ill ever like myself until my nose is fixed!at school i hate getting in the back of pictures because im always faced to the side and my nose is so large that i feel it stands out! We are really tight on money and i don't know if id ever be able to get it done. How much are nose jobs on average? If anyone can help me out that'd be much appreciated !thanks

After seeing all of your helpful comments on...

After seeing all of your helpful comments on helping me make a decision i was actually turning against it! Then today came and i just really started to think about how im not happy woth myself so this decision wouldn't be to satisfy others, but more on making me feel better about my apperance
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Hi Alexiis ~ I just wanted to say I agree with everyone- you are beautiful! Also I wanted to let you know my nose changed a lot in my early 20s. I too was bullied and my biggest (unsolicited) advice is if it's possible, I'd try to make friends who are outside of your high school who see you and value you for who you are inside & out. I made friends through a volunteer group and through sports and an art class, and then through church, and it helped me realize there were nice kids outside of my high school. I know money is tight but maybe there are free activities not so far away from home, but far enough away that you could make some quality friends from other local schools? I was REALLY lucky to have found that.
There are a couple of things I feel I have to say after reading your review, and I hope that you'll take the time to really listen to what I'm saying and consider it. Some of the things you mentioned in your review concern me.. First of all, you are SO beautiful. So, so, beautiful. I agree with the other posters when they say that you are too young to be getting this surgery. I would recommend at least waiting until you're 18, for a number of reasons: (1) Your nose will continue to change over the years, and even by age 18, it could still change after that; however, 18 is a pretty good age to start considering this surgery at because (2) you'll be older and more mature, MENTALLY. This is the kind of surgery that you HAVE to be mentally prepared for, as it can affect you psychologically as well as physically. It requires a lot of patience, and a lot of people can't exhibit that, so when they're in recovery, they become depressed. (3) By that age, you can take the procedure a bit more seriously and realize that there is a LOT of personal research you need to do to educate yourself on the procedure and all of its potential risks. It's also something you should sit on for a while, and not do on a whim. The other concern I have is that clearly, money is an issue for you; one thing I see so often on here is people who sacrifice a good rhinoplasty procedure to save a buck. On average, rhinoplasties can range anywhere (most commonly) from $6000-$8000. Mine was $7,200, and since there were no medical conditions being corrected (like a deviated septum), insurance won't cover that so it had to come out of my own pocket (being a University student, living on my own and saving up for a wedding this summer, that was a huge hit to my credit card lol). But it is WORTH IT to spend more money to ensure that you get the proper work done by the surgeon you feel the most comfortable with. Please don't jump the gun and go for whichever surgeon, and go for the cheaper options - this is something that you really need to take your time doing, both in terms of saving up the money, and finding the RIGHT surgeon. The last thing that concerns me that I think needs to be said is that changing your nose is not going to fix all of your problems. When I hear you talking about how you're being bullied, and how you tried to commit suicide twice and considered doing it a third time, it bothers me; you speak of the procedure as if you think that getting rhinoplasty will make your problems go away. But I've been there; I've tried to commit suicide myself in the past. Last year, I even had a mental breakdown and my whole family was forced to intervene. This had nothing to do with my nose, however, and I know in your case, it might seem like it, but it's not for you either. Depression, to the point of trying to commit suicide, or even thinking about it, is a PSYCHOLOGICAL issue that is rooted far deeper than just your nose. By all means, if you feel in a few years like you still feel exactly the same way and want to get this procedure done, then go for it - I did it, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. But please don't be disillusioned - bullies exist everywhere, and they suck. This is an unfortunate truth. If they want to bully you, they'll ALWAYS find something to pick on. I don't want you to fix your nose and then suddenly they find something else, and then you're shocked and thinking, "I really thought this would put an end to everything." I know it's hard not to listen when bullies make fun of you, but at the end of the day, their words can only hurt you if you give them the power to do so. YOU have to love YOU, and I think, before you can work on loving your physical appearance, you need to start with working on loving yourself on the INSIDE, because clearly if you've thought of committing suicide so many times, there are some things you need to speak to someone about. Because plastic surgery can only fix what's on the outside; if you're depressed, fixing your nose isn't going to fix THAT. You're beautiful and I know you have it in you. Just please listen to what I'm saying and consider my words carefully, even if you choose to disregard them afterwards. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
I'm a botched nose surgery survivor and I say survivor because people HAVE committed suicide after horrible results PLUS horrible results happen more often than people think. I was isolated and solitary for a year because I looked too deformed to go out in public. I just had my THIRD surgery to restore my nose that was destroyed by a NYC surgeon. Alexiiss, you need to learn from your own experiences in life, not other peoples. You've had a lot of wise words shared from people with experience. Don't be foolish and shrug it off. You should really look at why you're so insecure because peoples words can only hurt us if we allow it, validate it. If you allow it it's because you already have low self esteem, doesn't really have anything to do with your nose! That being said, I wish you well. You make your own choices in life and must live with the consequences.
Well said Penelopenose! I hope you are doing better after your 3rd surgery. Do you mind me asking who your third surgeon was and are you happy with the results?
Yes, Dr. Le in Baltimore did it. I'm still swollen 1.5 months post op. Swelling lasts for minimum 6 months to a year and nose doesn't completely form for another year after that. This isn't like putting on a new dress and, voila! (alexiiss) Swelling for several months isn't fun and doesn't look cute. Regardless, I'm in a better place but every day I miss my ORIGINAL nose. Having a crooked wide nose was a whole lot better than what I went through for the last 5 years. I have a profile here, just click on my name and it should direct you there. Take care!
You really are beautiful the way you are. I see nothing wrong with your nose, it is small and the shape of it fits your face and skin coloring in a way that makes you truly unique. You do not want to be just another pretty brunette! And I agree with the other posters, you are way too young to do something too drastic. My look has completely changed since high school. Wait it out and if it is something that still really bothers you in your twenties once you've had some solid real life experiences (and a steady flow of money) then consider having a consultation. I guarantee that you are MUCH prettier than these girls who are giving you a hard time and they are just taking out their own insecurities on you. Life after high school gets much better in some ways, but don't let these bullies ruin your experiences now! Your high school years can be some of your best if you let them!
Think back to elementary and middle school phases, and all the different phases kids go through: pokémon, my little pony, nintendos & cell phones, lipstick & nail polish, etc. Whatever phase people are in, it can completely consume their thoughts. All those elementary and middle school phases passed, right? How you feel about your nose might or might not pass BUT the opinion of others being ultra important and the bullying DEFINITELY do pass. You see a lot of women around town that aren't perfect, but they seem happy right? They might have once been bullied too. Most people are made fun of in high school. It's probably a really good idea to let your concern about your appearance become your 2nd or 3rd concern right now, and focus instead on the positive things in your life. Once you get out of high school, and those immature bullies are out of your life, you can think about your nose again to see if it still bothers you. If it does, start saving for the surgery. It might not be so fair to your grandma to burden her with this. She is probably worried about money for necessities.

Like the others said, you're a beauty. I know high school can be horrendous (I have been six-two since 10th grade and that was super difficult). But you will make it through and life IS so much better on the other side.

Right now you're in this bizarre microcosm of hormonal kids who are completely insecure. You're gorgeous and special and smart and don't let them make you feel otherwise!

Agreed!!! Look at Tyra Banks! She was completely abused in school for being tall and lanky. Bet those kids have eaten their words! You have to grow into yourself Alexiiss, in more ways than physically.
I would get several consultation and then make your decision. I hated my nose since I was 15 but got my nose done at 51. I am 7 weeks PostOp and my only regret is that I did not do it sooner. I was not teased in high school but had a few cruel comments in my later years that affirmed that I needed to fix what I hated most about my face. I felt that my nose detracted from my beautiful eyes and lips. I spent $6000 and am very happy with the results.
Thanks you!! Do you have any pictures!?
Don't do it, at least not yet. Right now, your face is still growing and developing. (Yes, even at age 16.) . It sounds like you're having a horrible time at school and that life is a little unstable because of those outside stress points. This is not the best time to make such a big decision, considering the risk of complications, the psychological stress it causes some people, and the financial aspects. Based on what I saw during consults in socal, it is about $6000 - $1200. Trust me, high school sucks, but life is extremely different after high school. I think you should wait until after high school or college, both to save money for your family and for your own health, before you make a decision about surgery.
Sorry, there was a typo. I meant to write $6000 - $12,000.
I am having a horrible time at school and i feel that if i did get it then i would be happy. All these comments are telling me not to and i know my face is still changing but im worried my nose will continue to look as bad as it does as time goes by. Thank you for helping me out!(:
Do not touch your nose. Rhinoplasty is very complicated and unpredictable surgery. Once you do it and if you don't like you have to live with your new nose for 6-12 months and go through it again to fix it which also doesn't guarantee results. your nose looks great and you should rethink that. My nose was almost like yours before I broke it in an accident. I would not have EVER touched my nose if it was not for an accident. Now that I have had my surgery and almost 6 months later I am looking to do a revision because my nose has a bunch of not very good issues that need to be fixed. Its a very stressful process and I do not recommend to anyone unless you broke your nose and your nose is so huge that you cannot live with yourself. Your nose is cute and it works well with your face. Think long and hard before you jump under the knife.
Wow im so sorry ! I really am insecure about my nose and i would do anything to make it smaller and be happy with myself! Thank you so much for your advise! Also, why wouldn't you recommend it?
Alexiiss, you should do more research and read the outcomes people get in the long run. I would not have ever touched my nose if it was not for an accident even though I had a bit of a roman nose. I have had a rhinoplasty that should have been what my surgeon said "easy fix" not so easy after all. I am 6 months post op and I now need a revision. I have been searching for doctors and doing research on rhinoplasty literally every single day and the things I find out about the procedure are very scary. No one tells you what happens to your nose years from now after you do rhinoplasty not even a surgeon will tell you. Your nose will take 1 year to take its real shape and you may not know if your nose has any underlining issues for anywhere between 1 year to 2 years. I happen to know them sooner as mine are very obvious. But your nose changes throughout your life and once you alter it you are introducing issues to it. Anyone who had rhinoplasty in their life will need another one or two throughout their life. Read more, research the scientific articles that rhinoplasty masters right, read forums go onto make me heal . com and read what people say there. Many people regret doing it and they may not regret it right away but over time when they realize the changes your nose goes through in your life time. Your nose also shrink with age (with or without rhinoplasty) so if the surgeon makes your nose a bit short that may not be a good outcome later in life. I encourage you to learn more about the actual procedure and talk to people who are desperate to fix the issues with their nose after their first nose job. Some people go through surgeries 5-8 times before the nose looks decent. Rhinoplasty is the most unpredictable surgery you will ever go through and its not to take lightly. I am really not trying to be downer I am just trying to help you from making a mistake of your life time.
No, don't do it. High school sucks and kids suck. I was really bullied in high school too. I just got thru it and after I graduated I moved 3000 miles away and REALLY started living! Trust me. None of that bullying crap anymore. The real world isn't high school. You are gorgeous. Changing your appearance with surgery isn't going to change the way you feel about yourself. If you don't already accept yourself as you are and have a healthy self esteem, surgery won't fix that. Don't let these idiots control you! Don't make decisions to gain approval from people, who cares about them? They'll always find something to pick on. I had surgery as an adult just to get a subtle refinement to fix a bump from a car accident years earlier and slim down the width a little. No one influenced me on that decision. It was a gift to myself after working hard for many years, overcoming several life obstacles, and still coming out strong. It was a reward so to speak. It turned out being a nightmare and I got severely botched and endured 2 more surgeries and spent several thousand dollars to restore my nose. Its alright now but if I could do it again I'd leave it alone. You have a really cool look. You look like someone interesting and creative, down to earth, approachable, really attractive. I'd pick you to be friends with over some barbie looking girl. For what it's worth, I work with tons of models on photo shoots and all models have features that make them stand out from the crowd. They're models because they're more interesting to look at, eyes are drawn to them. That's why you get singled out. You don't blend in with crowd and kids are cruel and act out because of their own deep rooted insecurity. It sucks and it's tough, I remember. Stick it out because after high school it will all change and you'll be so much happier. I know what I'm talking about.
I honestly couldnt thank you enough! This made me so much happier!! Im going through a lot in school right now and reading this made me smile!i won't lie,i hate my appearance and if i could change my nose anytime soon,i would! I hate it and i am so self conscious! I hate my profile and im constantly putting myself down! Why wouldn'typu recomend it? I feel like it will turn out a lot better than it is now. High school really does suck! Constanlty dealing will girls that talk so low of you! And when you said i stand out that's why I've gotten made fun of,that really is true but at the same time i see the same flaws they do and the fact that im aware of it just makes it worse when they bring it up to me! I really am thinking about it and i feel if i don't then it will only get worse! But thanks again,means alot!
Making choices out of insecurity or because people bully you is not healthy. You need to be emotionally healthy to not only endure the surgery and healing but because it's important to realize it's not the solution to gaining a healthy self esteem. You won't stop getting bullied and it's not the cure all fix all for feeling good about yourself.
You're definitely right,but i feel id be much more satisfied than i am now!thank you though!
nobody will change your mind that was the same with me, I had to do it no matter how much people said my nose was fine, But please get the best surgeon if you do because revision is twice as hard, and prepare for the worst, you may get the best outcome and be completely happy, or you may end up a lot worse, its not a hair cut it will not grow out, if someone had have said this to me before my nose job i would have thought yeah right what are the chances of this happening to me, but it does and it did, remember you have your whole life to make this decision don't rush it.
YOu are a very cute girl but i can see that you have a strong nose in terms of your profile. I would go with Dr. Ghavami as there are similar women on his page who he has helped in terms of straightening their bump on nose, and I dont think you would need a complex rhinoplasty. Wait until you are fully grown then and i think you'll need to get it done if its something that is bothering you that much. I hate my nose and I will need someone really skilled as there are many aspects that need addressing in order for it to balance with my face. I know its not something that is not just going to go away and so Ive accepted that i am very likely to have to get it done. I just hope Dr. Ghavami can do a good job too on me, as he has done on many others x
This is so accuarte! You're so right, but my question is if i don't do it then i really don't think ill be happy with myself at all ...
Yeah that is what point I am at now and it scares hell out of me to think i am I think you are better to wait til you leave school though as kids will notice youve had a rhinoplasty, and knowing what kids can be like then it may draw more attention in school than you really want if you do it, whereas if you just have an attitude of like "i really dont care what you think" they will see that you are strong and are not going to let their words trouble you. Even if their words trouble you then try not to let them see that as some people prey on weakness (which I know is not acceptable but school bullies are like that)...wait until you leave school and then if it still troubles you that much then you could go ahead. Plus that way you will have allowed your face to full develop. When you get it done, I would say just to get it straightened as it would look gorgeous whereas if they make it up turned, curved it will look obvious youve had work done ;) Hope you find some peace. Love Emmy x