Get a Nose Surgeon, Not a General Plastic Surgeon

Make sure you go to a surgeon who only does noses....

Make sure you go to a surgeon who only does noses. Your nose is really important part of your body. I got a nose job because as you get older your cartilege grows and this became a problem for me. I just didn't think my nose was that attractive.

Since I've had my nose job my nose runs contantly, I have more allergies, and its aggrevated. Make sure you do your research ahead of time because this is really important surgery...it's not just cosmetic.

I'm taking your advice and going to a Facial Reconstruction Plastic Surgeon. I found one in Columbus Ohio who is HIGHLY credentialed. He's about 1 hour and 15 mins from me that I plan on making an appointment with over the winter. If you are seriously considering getting Rhinoplasty, visit this site and find yourself a Board Certified Facial and Reconstruction Plastic Surgeon: http://www.aafprs.org/ (The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.) You don't want a doc doing your surgery that does more boob jobs and tummy tucks than than Rhinoplasties.
Shaq how was your experience with doctor Naficy?

Hey!I came across this post and I wanted to say I had rhinoplasty by Dr. N august 21st, its been a month since my surgery and 3 1/2 weeks since he took my cast off. This was a revision surgery. I had my first one 10 years before by another surgeon so I really researched this time. I know it takes 3 months for most of the swelling to go down but I have to say, I've been taking my own pictures every week and I can already tell a big difference. I am VERY pleased with the results so far and I know its gonna get better! Look at his before and after pictures and do your research you wont find anyone with better photos! Him and his staff are amazing!!! He is very confident and good at what he does! He is a little more expensive than other surgeons but worth every penny! Trust me, you get what you pay for. I had an amazing experience and I highly recommend him!

who was the doctor that you used and you weren't satisfied? thank you
Yes, thanks he is double board certified in ENT and plastic surgery!
Board certified plastic surgeons or an ENT with interest in cosmetic nasal surgery are your best bet. There is no thing as a "general plastic surgeon"; there are plastic surgeons and ENT surgeons who do facial plastic surgery. Your results will be most dependent on the surgeon you choose.
Thanks for the reply! I am actually going to be seeing Sam Naficy in about 2 weeks, he is very well certified as well.
I had my rhino-septioplasty done by a Board Certified, Chief of the HNS/ENT dept @ Kaiser who came highly recommended. Now, all HNS Md's are surgeons and CAN do these surgeries, but he also specialized in Plastics, which is very important when it comes to have this done. I felt more comfortable with a Md who has an actual "medical/results orientated" based background rather than just a "asthetics/cosmetic" background. I think it's best this way as they desire both aspects/results from the procedure... not just how it looks, but also how it works afterwards. If you want his name & have Kaiser coverage, please contact me & I can give you his info! You will also love him for his awesome care and personality!
Hi, i was wondering if you still, by any chance had his info??? lol. its kinda late i know... Thanks! kim
I am about to have a rhino-septioplasty myself in June at kaiser. Which surgeon did you see? THANKS!
Which doctor did you see? I have Kaiser coverage and would like to have a rhino/septoplasty as well. Thanks!
I am 19 and my nose needs rhinoplasty as recommended by an Otolaryngologist at Kaiser. This means I need to have the deviated septum corrected and the nose straightened as it is bending to one side. Please share the info of the surgeon your have referenced. Thanks
I am also wondering who the doctor is!
Was this Dr Marosan? Thanks
Hi, just wondered who the dr was?
who was the doc? Thanks