What a Waste - Ultherapy - Barrington, IL

Very painful treatment + NO results after 2.5...

Very painful treatment + NO results after 2.5 months + $3500 = a huge waste. My neck still hurts. I'll give it a few more month and if still no photographable results I'll be reporting to the Better Business Bureau, AMA, etc. Also worry about the effects of the inflammation on overall health. A clinical trial (by Ultherapy not an unbiased third party) on efficacy was completed a year ago but no results yet published.
It always amazes me when people threaten to a "report" to various overseeing bodies. Unless you were lied to and deliberately deceived there is really no recourse. I'm sure you signed a consent form listing all of the potential side effects. All are transient. There are currently 15 peer reviewed studies (not sponsored by Ultherapy) supporting the efficacy.

I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling like this might have been a waste for you. :( Fingers crossed that doesn't turn out to be the case.

You had mentioned a clinical trial you were aware of, how were you aware of it? I'd love to hear more details.

3.5 Month Mark Ultheraphy - Still NO results except damage

Had my second follow-up post-Ultherapy. My practitioner could not document any positive results from my Ultherapy treatment nearly 4 months ago. I still have burning pain and red marks on either side of my neck, numbness in my jaw area and occasional, sharp "pin-prick" feelings on both sides of my face. I'm in the process of obtaining my before and after photos from my doctor's office. They're mine, right? Just like x-rays?
Not a "high" number compared to the number of total treatments delivered sights like this are used by people to mainly complain.
yet if there are so many people looking for a place to voice their anger, their outrage, and their disgust at being robbed. . . .
Once again an emotional response. Being "robbed"? If they "robbed" you it sounds like you have a legal revenue to pursue them.
Dr. David Van Dam

I was told by Dr. Van Dam and by his "associate" whom I later found does not even have a medical degree--that I was the "perfect candidate" for Ultherapy. I signed up, paid my $3500. It was an extremely painful procedure which was NOT performed by the doctor as I had been lead to believe. After 7 months, I've had no results but lingering numbness and pain. The practice's response to this was pretty much "tough luck - nothing we can do". I do not recommend wasting your money on Ulthera or Dr. Van Dam's practice.