Me and my nose - Australia, AU

OK, so here begins my journey to a new me. I'm a...

OK, so here begins my journey to a new me. I'm a mum of 4 kids and for the last 10+ years it has been all about them. Now it's my turn. I've had insecurities about myself since I was 13 and I'm now 13 so it's been a long time coming.

In my first year of high school, one of my class mates told me I had a big nose. I was fine with myself up until that day. I went home and noticed that I did have a rather large nose for my face. My big nose didn't match my little face :-( So that fateful day has lead me to this nerve wracking and exciting journey. I actually don't know wether to thank him or punch him in the face.

I've booked in with my surgeon who recently did my tummy tuck. He's a man of few words, but is apparently excellent at what he does. I've told him what I want, so I hope he understands and does just that. I understand that it probably won't be as perfect as I want it, and that kills me because I am a perfectionist. I'm only doing this once so I just hope it's good enough.

I hope to get around to posting some pics but I'll describe it as best as I can. I have a small bump in the bridge of my nose, the top droops a bit and the top bit between my eyes, the radix, protrudes too far out. I want all these fixed. I want the radix taken in towards my face, I want the little bump gone and the tip to point a little upwards :-)

before photo and a hopeful after

Correction from previous post. I'm not 31, not 13.

More before and afters

2 more weeks

So I've 2 more weeks to go, starting to get really nervous and not sleeping so well. I don't want to do this, but I know I will regret it if I don't. I just wish I was born with a perfect nose!

I've been playing with my morph app again. Here is a before and after of what I'd be happy with. The other one is in the surgeons office and what he intends on doing. It's amazing what a difference just pushing the tip of my nose up can make!

Been to the bank

So I've been to the bank today and got the money out. After my hubby finishes work this arvo we are heading in to town to pay the deposit.

In other news, we finally told some friends of ours who are a couple. Well my husband told the other half and I was too scared to come out with it so I told the other half to tell his partner, god I'm such a chicken. (Reading that back makes no sense, but I can't think of how else to word it!) I've decided I'm not going to tell my parents. I hardly ever hear from my mum as it is so I know I won't see her while I'm recovering and shell probably just roll her eyes at me. She always makes me feel down and I don't think I need to feel down about this. I'm trying to fix something that has made me feel, somewhat unworthy, for a very long time, and I only want happy thoughts :-D so happy Monday to you all :-D happy healing and happy thinking :-D

Anaesthetist

I've just paid my anaesthetist fee, was quite a bit lower than I expected! BONUS! Now I just need to fill out my health questionnaire and sign the consent form and I'm good to go. I paid my deposit for surgery last night and suddenly got really nervous. Handing over so much cash, I'd wanna be happy with my results!

found a rare photo of me!

I think this could have been a nice photo if my nose wasn't in it!

What happens when you catch a cold?

My kids have caught a cold. A real snotty cold. I'm taking truck loads of vitamin C, but what happens if I catch it? I presume you can't get rhinoplasty if you have a cold???

I've just cancelled

Due to reasons for my BA surgery, I've postponed my surgery for a couple of months. It's a bugger cos I was really looking forward to having a new nose! Waaa

New Date

I've booked a new date, 21st January... Now I've got time to prepare myself all over again and doubt my decision... I hope I'm making the right decision. I know once it's done, there's no going back, but I know I'm unhappy with how my nose looks at the moment so I can only try. If I'm still unhappy then there's no harm done, I just hope I'm not more unhappy. Judging by a lot of the results on here, I should be extremely happy!
Going to pay the deposit