Rhinoplasty Gone Bad - So Miserable - Where Did my Tip Go? - Austin, TX

Hello everyone. Never in my life did I expect this...

Hello everyone. Never in my life did I expect this to happen to me. I did extensive research prior to getting my nose done. I've always been insecure about it and I finally built up the courage to do it. Now I regret that decision... Please look over my pictures and leave recommendations PLEASE! Thank you.

Front view

Old v. New

New nose

Rhinoplasty Revision Needed

I finally picked a doctor and got the procedure I have been waiting my whole life to do. Yet the results were not what I expected nor what I discussed with my doctor. I am beyond horrified! My new nose looks nothing like my original nose and that was something I made clear I did not want. Can ANYONE help me find an experienced rhinoplasty revision surgeon. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. I am so depressed since the surgery and I cannot believe I did this to myself. My surgeon promised me he would do SUBTLE changes yet after looking at the picture, I've realized that he did too much work on my nose. I do not like the shape (it's pointy), I do not like that he pushed my bone in (the scooped out look) and I do not like that he lifted my nose. Where did my tip go???????

Wow really? I'd be thrilled with your result. But that's just me.
probably it's true your nose can be improved, but I think that 80% of your complaint is in your head.
Hi- I am totally empathize with you. I think we are our worst critic and we see our slightest flaws to be huge (like an elephant trunk!). I'm 1 year post op and have been very sad and depressed about the results of my rhinoplasty recently. It puts me in a bad mood sometimes. I don't think my results are related to my doctor's work because I was so happy with my nose at 2 months. I keep thinking it's all in my head but when I got back to compare pictures of my nose from May 2013 to this year, my nose looks worst. My tip is less refined and my nostrils look too wide. But when I objectively look it, I'm agonizing over what looks to be a fraction of a millimeter. I admit my nose now looks a lot better than before surgery but not as good as 2 months post op. So I only share this in hopes that you will feel better. But in the end, you have to live with your nose so you should be happy with it. I understand how important it is to like your nose. It totally affects your self esteem and moods. If you really hate it that much, you should try my Dr. Spencer Cochran. He's only one of two doctors that I've found in Dallas that specializes in rhinoplasty. I believe he is the best. I have my 1 year post op with him in May so I will ask him what happened in my situation. I'm sure there is an explanation. Cheer up. Your nose really doesn't look at bad. I think it looks better than before surgery (just saying..) You can check my pics out on ask a doctor question. Let me know if you think it's all in my head ;-) http://www.realself.com/question/dallas-tx-rhinoplasty-narrow-nose-1-yr-post-op-and-results-regressed
to me it looks like you need it derotated, slightly lengthened and your nostrils look thinner in the picture where you show your nostrils. You might need grafts put in the tip to widen it again too. I'm going through the same thing
I think you only need the columella raised. Check out Dr. Grigoryants.
I cannot believe your complaining about your nose, it beggers belief!! seriously, you need to get a grip! Your nose is absolutley great to look at cosmetically, it takes a whole year for swelling, who is your DR if anything it does him credit! Although, it seems a bit unfair if you wanted closer to oyur old nose, but the surgeon clearly thought you would look great with this one! Is there any reason where the nose is causing breathing? Why wont you print your name of Dr?
Who did your original? I am going through the same thing. So far I spoke with Dr. Richard Davis in Florida.
Your nose looks absolutely gorgeous! I honestly can't see what you see. To me, it looks perfect and I feel the surgeon did a great job. I wish my results were as great as yours..I would do anything for your nose! However, it's what you think about it that matters, and you have the right to get the nose you want, but to me, it looks perfect.
I love your new nose it's literally cute as a button. I think you just have to get use to it. But looking at the pics I think it fits perfectly. I hope you feel better soon because it's pretty to me.
Actually i see what you mean, its really pointy. Its far from awful though, but if you weren't after this look... It doesn't help, that others think its perfect.
I think it looks beautiful, but if you aren't happy with it I understand the stress that creates. I hope you can somehow find a resolution or come to love it as it does appear to compliment your face quite well. Good luck!
Hey! I sent you an inbox! Stay optimistic. There is always revision!
your nose looks great! i am getting my nose done in 2 weeks and i wonder how i feel. Maybe its like a new haircut.....you have to get used of your new look, and then learn to love it. from us outsiders looking at your new nose it looks great! cheer up, give it time
Just going to add to the same comments. You're nose looks 10x better. I looked at your picture multiple times trying to look for any sign of error but could not find any. I'm a little confused with you're unhappiness. Is this post a big troll? Maybe show some more pics? How come you don't like the slope look? Were you going for subtle changes so no one would notice? You'll grow to like this nose i guarantee it.
Are you sure you toke your meds today? Your nose looks great!
I actually think your new nose looks better.
I actually think your new nose is by far better than your old nose. Be happy it turned out well it could have been far far worse. You are lucky and you have no idea.
Absolutely!!
Thank you everyone for your comments. Unfortunately, I do not agree with that my new nose looks great. It is a HUGE departure from my original nose, which is something I did not ask for. My surgeon is aware that I am displeased and all he has managed to do is make me cry by being condescending towards me. This was, by far, the biggest mistake of my life. I would much rather have my original nose, the one that God gave me. I would really appreciate some expert advise from an experience rhinoplasty surgeon. Thank you.
Then you should ask the surgeons on realself if you want professional opinion. We just expressed our opinions that you asked for.
Who was your Dr.? In my opinion they did an amazing job. Honestly.
Personally I think your surgeon did a fantastic job!
Yes, check out Dr. Ghavami I have surgery with him in March his work is AMAZING!!
Wow! I would love to have your nose. Are you serious?!!! This is perfection. Please please don't touch this nose again.
It looks good! The pics are small but I don't see anything wrong