Scar Revision and Lower Face and Neck Lift -Austin Texas

The surgery lasted four and a half hours as was...

The surgery lasted four and a half hours as was expected. I returned the next day to the clinic for bandage removal. The most pain I experienced was if I forgot to take medication in the night ,but by 72 hours I had taken my last pain pill and was on to tylenol. One incentive in getting off the pain meds is, of course, the ability to have a bowel movement. My bruising was and is limited to the neck and chin areas only and is able to be hidden with a scarf. The swelling on my face and neck has moved around a bit, which I remember now from the previous surgery. The swelling had reduced a third by one week, and I expect that by three weeks it will be acceptable to me. On day seven, my sutures were removed with only mild discomfort...not pain! I was so happy because I was nervous as everything about that part (and even slipped a pain pill before the appointment. ) I flew home on day 8, and I must say this was not as easy as I had hoped. My husband stayed with me until the end of day five before he left; so navigating the airport ,with even a small suitcase, caused me to push and pull enough to put me back to bed when I arrived home. Again my doctor's staff was so supportive ,when I called them back to talk to them about overextending myself. I plan to stay at home completely until day 12 and then only one outing a day for the next five or six days. Everyone' s recovery is different
but we have to listen to our bodies. I had a scar revisions on both sides of my neck at the hairline and had my neck tightened in the middle of the neck as well as tightening the sagging skin around my jowls. So head-propped-up- resting is in order. I can see that I am going to be thrilled with my cleaned up jawline and chin area and completely ecstatic to have my neck scars reduced to a thin line in my hairline as opposed to thick hypertrophic scarring. As is written on my doc's website...within seven to ten days you can attend social gatherings at which you don't mind anyone knowing if you have had surgery. I prefer to wait a bit longer. Please message me with any questions!

Three weeks post op and I can go out and no...

Three weeks post op and I can go out and no questions are asked. I told some who inquired that it was a chemical peel..( sorry for fibbing but they are so nosy!)
I know that my results are far from complete, but my skin laxity is much improved since the surgery, and it has only been three weeks. Numbness, swelling that still changes day to day, and mild itching are all to be expected. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a process. Patience is key! Good luck to all and glad to hear from some of you via private messages.
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

A friend found this practice online after an extensive search. I sought out Dr. Buckingham via his webpage to consult with him over excessive scar tissue formation resulting from a precious neck lift. Upon meeting him and dealing with his incredible staff, I decided to also have a face and neck lift while under the IV sedation. I learned the most about him and his procedures on his webpage -especially on the videos of him explaining each procedure. He posts photos of his real patients, and there are even more to see in his office. I now know how incredibly important it is to do your research. I could not be any happier, and it has only been 8 days. I think I will be able to wear a ponytail again! Also, I had no idea how many years are removed when the chin and jowl area are cleaned up a bit. Dr. Buckingham is not into a pulled look; as a result none of his office staff look garish; believe me, that speaks volumes!!!