Juvaderm to Correct Ipl Associated Fat Loss - Atlanta, GA

I just had juvaderm today, it's my first time...

I just had juvaderm today, it's my first time ever using any type of filler. My doctor injected about 12 injections on the right side, and about 8 on the left. The results were subtle, but immediate, and it corrected an indent on both cheeks under the cheekbones. I was told that I will swell over the next 3 days. It was an incredibly comfortable experience, felt small little pinches, but no pain. So far no swelling, and I will update my experience in about 3 months.

Okay, I initially wanted to wait it out but this...

Okay, I initially wanted to wait it out but this is a fair review if I post sooner than expected. I had 3 out of 4 Ipl sessions done, had juvaderm in hopes that it could help fill out the loss in volume and smooth out the scarring associated with the consequences of my Ipl. I had to remind myself today, that my derm was working with scarred skin that is more compact, coagulated, and more tightly fused then plumper scarred skin that hasn't had any thermal heat damage. I had high hopes, but it didn't really do much. At least I didn't have an allergic reaction, and I am happy he wanted to start me out with a smaller amount to see how well I could tolerate juvaderm. I did have three pimples pop up where he injected me, 2 went away with no problem because they were small tiny white heads, and one did turn into a cystic lesion. For the most part it's smaller now, a little larger than a raised pinprick. But since it fits right in with my post laser scarring, it doesn't stand out and I'm not even that bothered by it.mbut a fair warning, just know if you go in for filler, anyone can experience granulomas and they can be permanent, regardless whether derms tell you they can dissolve them with hydrolaunese or not. I'm just so thankful to my derm for never feeding me any hype. At the end of the summer I'll decide whether I want to go for another round of juvaderm with more volume, or really go for a face lift...yup, at the age of 35. The fat loss and textural issues associated with lasers have been devastating.

I have been seeing this current derm for a year now. He has provided me with chemical peels to correct the hypo pigmentation created by my post laser experience at a former provider. I fully trust him, and he is an ethical doctor. I'm so happy I found him.

Can you please update us with how the jevederm injection looked a while after? I had a buccal fat removal and I look guant now and I want to use fillers to fix it. Please let me know.
What I meant is that anyone whose suffered from burns, disfiguring scars, or accidents needs laser treatments, that's one thing. But to come in with good skin, or even just acne, it's not a wise decision at all.
I have a consult in person this summer. He's not thrilled, but I sent him per and post pics and is shocked of the difference. He assumed I was overweight and was trying to get back to what I looked like in my twenties, but when I said it was 2 years ago, my weight is the same, he was pretty baffled. He doesn't practice lasers. He's wants to see me face to face. Sigh. This is absolutely incredible and surreal, my friends think I'm sick or anorexic, which I'm not. But it sounds so ridiculous to kow this could really happen due to lasers! I'm not totally against lasers, it someone with good skin whose not an accident victim or burn victim should not be solicited for any kind of laser treatments
Sorry for the typos, still getting used to the iPad...lol

Oh my goodness, a facelift at 35? I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling that is needed, it just seems so drastic at our age (I'm 34). What has your plastic surgeon said about that idea?

He actually said the same thing, he said when I come back he may only have to use about 200 worth of product. I keep thinking he also charges me a bit cheaper than other docs would....maybe because I have so many tissue issues post Ipl. Regardless, I'm sticking with him until fillers no longer seem to do the job. I'm too chicken to do any fat grafting yet, maybe that will be my 40 birthday present to me. Thank you ipls for being a pain in my rear. Jeesh...lol.
No numbing, took about ten minutes total. There really is no difference, but my derm wanted to take it slow and in 3 months I'll go back to fill out more. But I'm glad that I didn't experience any bruising, and then lumping that was felt has now subsided. Just a little worried how much I'm actually going to need to get my contours somewhat back. Thanks for asking;)

I'm assuming you are worried about the amount due to cost (?). It does get spendy. I'm read several people talk about how their first few times it didn't last that long, but after the 3rd treatment it started lasting longer, so people 16-18 months...so hopefully that would happen, which could help make it more worth the expense.

That is awesome to hear that is wasn't too uncomfortable. Did they numb you up, or was it just not that bad?