A Little Late in Starting a Post but Just Got 'Em! - Altoona, PA

I've wanted implants since I was around 16 years...

I've wanted implants since I was around 16 years old. I'm now 31 and have a 3 year old breastfed daughter. When I was in high school, the kids used to sing "Roses are red, violets are black, why is your chest, as flat as your back".

Anyway, I never thought I would be able to afford them but I was awarded a bit of money from a wrongful termination lawsuit.

I went to 2 pre-op appointments before deciding to go with Dr. Gonzalez, at Blair Medical Associates in Altoona, PA. He specializes in all kinds of breast surgeries, from reconstructions, reductions, and augmentations.

The staff was very nice and answered all of the many questions I had.

We decided to go with 400cc saline unders.

The day of the surgery, I got up at 7, took my antibiotic with a sip of water and my husband and I were off to the surgery center.

When we arrived, the nurses were very nice and chipper, which made me a bit calmer. I got my IV, pregnancy test, and thigh high stockings, lol. My Anesthesiologist was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and her name was Zena!

Next thing I know, we walked back to the surgery room. I hopped up on the bed, she told me to count backwards and then I was waking up.

I'm not going to lie, the pain was pretty bad. I stayed in recovery for about an hour and then we came back home. My wonderful husband waited on me and got me everything I needed and my mom watched my daughter.

One thing I have, that I don't hear about too often on here is a pain pump. I wear it around my waist (in a fanny pack) and two small tubes deliver a lidocaine like medicine to the pockets. I will pull it out on my own tomorrow before I get to shower.

Pennsylvania Plastic Surgeon

recommended by friends

How much did you exactly pay and did you have financing?(:
Great results!! Perfect size, hope you are healing well.
They look great congrats!!

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. It's never too late as each story is unique. Congrads...you look great and very proportionate. Would you recommend the pain pump to other women? Was there any discomfort removing it? Keep us posted!

Thanks! I would recommend the pain pump, especially because I get sick from narcotic pain medicine so I didn't have to take as much. There was no discomfort in removing it but it was kind of gross, lol. I'll be adding new pictures after my 1 week post op tomorrow.

Thanks for the pain pump info. I just read about another woman who was quite ill from her pain meds. Looking forward to your new pics!