Revision Rhino with Dr. Majmundar - Best Decision I Ever Made - Alpharetta, GA

Back in 2002 I was hit with a line drive and my...

Back in 2002 I was hit with a line drive and my nose was badly damaged. At the time, I underwent major reconstructive surgery and the outcome, while I could breath again, cosmetically was unappealing. I had a deep depression in the center of my nose, my nose was upturned, pinched in and the nostrils were exposed. I felt like all people saw when they looked at me was nostrils...... The same surgeon went in again to make the nose look more "normal" in appearance, but I was left with a very unnatural look. I felt like all people saw when they looked at me were my nostrils..... Years passed and I thought this was the nose I was stuck with for the rest of my life..... ENTER in 2014 Dr. Mike Majmundar, I found his name while looking through various websites..... I went to see him for fillers, but he was also known for rhino. I did not think anything could be done with my nose, but he explained exactly what he could do and said he could give me a more natural look. I was extremely nervous about revision rhino, but I thought long and hard about having the procedure...... Well, I ultimately decided I would give him a try. He explained again and again what he would do and was extremely kind and patient with me. While I was nervous, I felt I had chosen the right surgeon..... I DID! I cannot even begin to explain how happy I am with the outcome. The day of surgery I was terrified. Dr. Majmundar calmly explained the surgery again to me for the millionth time ;-), and set me at ease. I was concerned about recovery, but by the second day I was moving around with no issues and only felt discomfort, but no real pain.

Day 7, he removed the cast from my nose, I was terrified to look in the mirror, but when I did, even though there was still swelling, I was amazed. I was no longer "nostril girl" , I had a normal looking nose and the deep depression in the center of my nose was gone!!!!!!! I am three weeks out now and I could not be happier. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made!!!!! For me, the key was finding a gifted surgeon who focuses on giving patients a natural look!

Each day the swelling goes down more and more and I become even more pleased with my decision. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Majmundar. Not only is he a gifted surgeon, but he will also take the time to listen and explain everything over and over again until you feel comfortable!
Congrats on your successful revision. I am glad you're pleased with the results. I also had a revision last March. My primary in 2001 didn't yield the desired outcome so I decided to give it another shot. Very pleased I did. My nose looks natural and fits my face! Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Thank you for sharing! I'm glad you're so pleased with your results. How did you deal with the dry mouth during recovery?
Dr. Majmundar typically does not use packing after nasal surgery, if the stiches and grafts are properly supported, then packing is not needed. There are times, when he said he will pack , but that is usually in cases of extreme bleeding which I fortunately did not experience. Because my nose was not packed, i could still breath through my nose the first night after surgery, however, by night two I did have some swelling and woke up with the dryest mouth ever on the 3rd morning. I used a humidifier the next night and what a WORLD of difference that made. While I still had a little dry mouth the 4th day, the humidifier helped tremendously. The other thing I would recommend (ONLY if you do not have packing) is a saline nasal spray to keep the inside passages of the nose moist, that helped with dry mouth and that feeling of "tightness" you experience when the nose begins to heal. Hope this helps - just keep in mind, the moister the air you breath at night, the better!
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mike Majmundar is a gifted surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone interested in revision rhino or initial rhino. I have also gone to him for fillers and would recommend him for this as well - his focus is a natural look as opposed to making someone look "overdone". If you are interesting in looking like you, but only better, then he is the surgeon you should see!