Voluma Cheek Lift - Adelaide, AU

Last year I had voluma ( 2ml) to assist with...

Last year I had voluma ( 2ml) to assist with volume loss in this area. The injector used a cannula and it was fabulous!! Everyone I knew commented on the improvement it had made to my appearance. I did a 1 ml top up after about 10 months and went back to have 2 ml again ( voluma) recently. This time even though the injector knew and I told her I loved the lift previously (using cannula and concentrating on the upper area), this time she didn't use the cannula and gave me high cheekbones. Basically it was a huge watse of money and has further accentuated my deep set eyes and not one person has noticed (except to say I look a bit tired). I already had high cheek bones!! and I didnt want voluma for this purpose. What concerns me is I trusted the injector and question now if the procedure was changed , knowing full well I would come back to have tear trough filler. ( with the last treatment I didnt need tear trough filler after the voluma 2ml).
The product is great but be careful with the procedures specifics. ( I'm not going back to that injector even though I think she is a good injector)

Whoops spelt Karen's last name wrong it is Karen Sklifoff, she is worth every cent !!!!
If you are having to redo the filler annually along with a partial "top up" this product is not lasting the 2 years that Allegan claims it will

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! Did you speak with your injector about your dissatisfaction with your results?

No I haven't. I rang but she wasn't available. I was going to go back for further treatment but went to another provider instead. I will contact her especially as time has gone on, I'm really annoyed the treatment has made me less attractive than I actually am, and also doesn't really look like me. Two of my friends didn't recognise me initially. If someone has a bad experience the first time they have a filler, like voluma, they may consider the product ineffective when really the injector plays quite a signifcant role. Obviously patients have to be realistic about what can be achieved and rely on the expertise of the injectors to recommend products and the best use of its applications , but I think you'll win loyalty and trust if you do the best for the patient with the product. Fillers and other similiar treatments are fabulous, and I dont know too many people who don't keep up with treatments, try other ones and look after their skin/ health once they see how they can improve their appearance .
I'm in Adelaide, and the best injector would have to be RN Anne Dennis, Was at ASPN on north terrace but now 2 days a week in Glenelg, Her bedside manner and skill is amazing. She is the queen of subtle but effective. I like to have a little movement rather than nothing moving above my mouth or a crooked smile from the botox. I get filler about once a year for nasolabial folds and filling wherever is starting to thin. Except for lips i'm really surprised at how long it lasts..
Thanks for the tip. I havent been there before. Cosmos Clinic are new in Adelaide and I am now going to them. The injector Juliette is fabulous. I also think Cosmos are well priced .
omg you have to be kidding !!! Anne Dennis is the worst injector she doesn't use the product she tells you she is using but she will charge you for it, I want to warn any Adelaide girl to never ever use her she is a con artist I had the worst experience with her, I was completely ripped off if want a good result with voluma go see Karen for Adelaide plastic surgery I feel very passionate about this she was truly awful and not trustworthy
Also I would love all girls to know if you want the best botox in town go to Andria at semaphore, the big thing about botox is that they can define the strength simply by saline solution comparison to the botox, so if you want the longest lasting botox be careful who you get from, this is honestly the hardest thing in Adelaide, be careful watch the treatment you get, and who you get it from, I have found some one can be great at fillers and another has the best botox, it is a lot of money for either so make sure you can trust them!!!
And which Karen would that be? Theres 2. You don't think North Terrace charges a little highly. And women, not girls should be getting these procedures.
Karen Skinoff and you do get what you pay for, I used the word girls as I call all women such as myself in there 40's girls it is just a playful expression. I first went for prices and had not just 1 but 2 of the worst experiences of my life, the first one was in a place where women get there hair lasered the young women had no experience it was a botch job and I am still kicking myself that I paid for it and yes I made many complaints about the experience, I then went to Ann and she actually knew the Doctor that was meant to be supervisor at that place (laser place), I explained about the horrible experience and yes she has incredible bedside manner but I was pushed into getting something I didn't want, with also getting voluma at the same time only to find out later it would have been impossible to do both treatments at the same time at the time she explained to me she was changing the needle to the voluma to a very fine needle which is impossible you can not push voluma through such a fine needle, the affect at best was nothing and I got charged a fortune for it and yes again I made many complaints and requested my money back only to hear such double talk and crap, so yes Adelaide plastic surgery may cost a bit more but you will get a professional job and you will see the results immediately as you should. The first 2 experiences put me off so much that I lost trust in everybody in that field until I went to Karen and I also now take my husband to all appointments to make sure I have someone watching out for me because you can complain all you want they don't care they have your money.
I hear you regarding the cheaper options!! I went to Glenelg for my first botox, that most of my face didn't move at all for 3-6 weeks was alarming for those around me. I do like both the Karen's but slightly prefer the Karen with the gorgeous smile and longer hair. I still attend North Terrace but wish they would make available the various specials and offers. ;-)
Yes that would be nice ! Karen has been wonderful to me she knows I like my husband in the room with us and she is fabulous about it, she also has such a beautiful bedside manner and I always have a giggle when we see each other, very beautiful lady !. I must say with the botox I prefer to see Andria down at Semaphore.I find it lasts the full 3 months and her pricing is good. :)
Oh I have something for you, down at Semaphore 4 U Andria and Ron make there own brand of moisturiser and I have been using it for years now, its unbelievable only $65 lasts for months and you will never get another blemish "EVER" my skin has never been better you might want to have a try of it. :)
Hi, well I just wanted to let all the ladies in Adelaide know I had another great experience down at Semaphore 4 U, I went to get my botox for my forehead and it was 5 months between visits I was happy to Andria and got beautiful botox treatment for my forehead cost was $350 and picked up the fabulous moisturizer when I started to use other places for botox (because of convenience) the botox was only lasting 8 weeks and costing double that most times I would have to revisit 2 weeks later because the lines were still there I have to highly recommend Semaphore 4 U brilliant prices fantastic job and you will only need to visit 2 to 3 times a year you will save money and love the results