My Accutane Journey (Indian Skin)

Just started accutane(20 mg daily), too early to...

Just started accutane(20 mg daily), too early to really say, I tried benzoyl peroxide for a month to no results,an the sad thing is. Never had moderate acne, just mild, teenage acne, clear till 4 months ago, when I started getting tiny bumps on my cheeks which started turning into pastules, am not sure how it happened, but if horrifying, I mean im a college student, this is the worst faze of your life to have acne:(:/
PS the photos make it seem like its not tgat bad just red, but I was lying down so the bumps aren't that visible also I had applied. Nadoxin 1% cream, so my skin looks all shiny n smooth( apart from the pastules and redness of course) but trust me its not that mild looking, the level my acne has escalated is very disheartening, fingers crossed for Accutane:|

Day10- Its gotten worse

The title says it all.

pustules are back, and spreading...

Stressed, 12 days now, no improvement, i know it starts after at least a month but the wait is killing me, i just hope it doesnt continue to make it worse.

on day 36th

its going good, ive not had any bad side effects from it apart from a lot of dryness but thats manageable. Just wish there was some way to get rid of the marks as well , fingers crossed!

almost 2 months in

well im seeing great results , and its working thats for sure, im still on 20 mg per day and experiencing stomach pains but apart from that no bad side effects other than dry lips.
im worried about the red marks though, anyone know to lighten them up ,that would really help!

Red spots

my skin feels smooth again is great to feel that after horrible 7-8 months, red marks remain but ive started cosglo gel for it will update if its effective:)

2 months and 2 weeks

the level of improvement is wonderful to see, my skin feels smooth again :) red marks remaining are the only sign that is ever had acne problems. Im prescribed cosglo as a day cream and Adalene nano gel as a night cream. the marks are fading away:) im very happy:)

5 months now

acne is gone just red marks are left which are slowly fading and the skin is so smooth again :)

Accutane course finished! chemical Salicylic peel day 1

I'M finally done with my 5 months accutane course, today was d first day of my chemical peel, stung a bit but all went well im hoping to see progress soon :)
Accutane doses:-
1-3 months everyday 20 mg
4th month everyday 10 mg
5th moth every day 5 mg

thank you ! about benzoyl peroxide ,proavtive por skin care is the best Acne Treatment Reviews http://antiskinproblems.com/truth-about-proactive-reviews/
Brilliant result! A close friend developed cystic acne in her very early twenties whilst we were in college and I know how it hit her self confidence. Your skin looks so smooth!
Thank you! yeah it feels smooth after so long, still trying to get rid of redness but the improvement is definitely worth it!
Wow, you skin really cleared up!!! So happy for you, good luck with  your peels, are you using at-home peels, and what strength?
No, not at- home peel its a chemical Peel so doctor administered, its salicylic peel 20% :)
Dear, i m starting accutane soon, worries little bit, i read ur post. i just wanna konw red markes are gonna is peeling working .
the redness starts to fade almost as soon as the acne does, but yeah you'll have to get a peeling Ive only had one so far but ive noticed a huge change even at a low 20% concentration of S.A
Glad to hear everything is going well - the redness will fade over time but you can use bleaching agents such as hydroquinone (talk to your doctor about that product)  and vitamins like C and E will help as they get rid of free radicals. I am no expert of course but I have been through this, although I have never tried Hydroquinone, here are some FAQ on the site:

IS TOPICAL HYDROQUINONE SAFE FOR SKIN LIGHTENING?

HYDROQUINONE AND OCHRONOSIS FOR SKIN LIGHTENING?

Now if you are like me and like to take the natural approach - here are some things I do:

I love lemon for skin care, but caution - do not use on active acne.

Lemon is the most effective and natural lighting agent (IMO and based on use and research). You can take a lemon cut it into thin slices and apply directly to your face or you can juice the lemon and put into spray bottle with equal mix of water and apply to face and use the rind as a scrub.

You can also use raw honey - just apply directly to skin and rub in the leave for 5-10 min. You can add other things in like raw sugar to make  scrub as well.

Aloe Vera Juice, applied 100% strength will work wonders on your skin, you can also ingest it which I highly recommend.

Unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Combine equal parts vinegar with water and apply directly to the the affected area. Apple cider vinegar has been shown to heal inflammation and scarring - you can also take internally - I believe that healing comes from within as well as external.

After any of these treatments I recommend a cucumber treatment- it's so soothing for the skin after any treatment, simply slice a fresh cucumber and applying it directly to your face and then take 2 slices and rest on your eyes..lay back for 10 min. and relax.

Just be aware of any products you use on your skin and always do a test spot - good luck!

Just checking in for an update, are things looking up?

yea :)

Hang in there, I know it's frustrating when you feel like you are not getting results but I understand with Accutane it gets worse before it gets better. Keep us posted.

Welcome :) Thank you for posting your review. I hear you on getting acne at this stage in your life, mine started when I turned 18. I look forward to seeing how Accutane works for you so keep us posted :)

So far I do see my face starting to dry up, causing papules to fall, but I feel more pastules n nodes now :/