Bilateral Turbinectomy

Rhinoplasty with bilateral turbinectomy as well as...

Rhinoplasty with bilateral turbinectomy as well as vaser liposuction of upper/lower abs & flanks. I was only looking for aesthetic improvement - my nose had a dorsal hump and a bulbous tip. I've never had any breathing issues whatsoever. My surgeon said he would also "take care" of my enlarged turbinates (actually just one was enlarged).

I'm about a week post-op at this point. Pain from rhinoplasty has been pretty mild but my front abs are more towards the "moderate" pain level from the liposuction. Not sure if a lot of that is from the compression garment that they have me in...haven't been able to remove it even once yet....ug!

As for results, its obviously too early to tell. Splint & garment comes off this Friday and even then, it'll be too premature to rank my satisfaction yet. Right now I am freaking out wondering if I will develop this scary sounding condition called ENS following the turbinate resection. I should've researched it before quickly following the surgeon's plan of action. He sounded so matter-a-fact about it that I thought it was a no-brainer.

Just had a rhinoplasty along with turbinectomy (reduction of both tubinates). When I originally presented, I was simply wanting to improve my aesthetics. He immediately pointed out my enlarged turbinate and said he'd "take care of those" too. During my recovery, I stumbled upon the iatrogenic condition called Empty Nose Syndrome (ENS)..it sounds HORRIBLE & dibilitating! I'm now terrified wondering if I'll develop it too. Is there any probability stats out there? Anything I can do at this point?

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

He came with solid credentials but I think he failed to describe pros and especially the CONS/RISKS associated with screwing around with the turbinates. There's a reason why ENT docs won't resect them...I should've consulted with one of them first.