Columellar Fullness and Bulges Under Nostrils Upon Smiling

I had open rhinoplaty 4 wks ago and so far have...

I had open rhinoplaty 4 wks ago and so far have poor results. I had a dorsal bump and a drooping nasal tip. Post op my dorsal hump is still there and my tip has been raised very high.

My concerns are that the columella is so full and the strut graft appears to be attached too low inferiorly. I also have a crease above my upper lip when I try to smile (because the skin where the strut is is so immobile) and on lateral view when I smile there are 2 very large bulges that form under each nostril.

Will this eventually go away with time? Will the columellar fullness decrease or is it the strut making it full?

I have the crease and it has been 3 years since rhinoplasty. I am worried about getting revision because the first surgery did so much damage. I don't know if the septi muscle was released or nasal spine removed, but it looks just horrible.
Hi. I'm having the same issue. I just got a rhinoplasty done 3 months ago and I have a really deep crease under my nose on my upper lip. Did yours ever go away??? I'm nervous this is permanent.
Malian Mine has not gone away. If they put a graft right there it may not. Ask for doctor for specifics. Good luck and keep me posted.
Thanks for getting back to me. I hope that my swelling will also go down further in the next few months. I appreciate your input.
Sorry to hear u have the same problems. The swelling went down further on mine but the crease is still there and my nose looks odd especially wen I smile from the side view. I don't notice it as much now and no one has ever commented on it, so I don't plan on fixing it anytime soon.
Hi SoBe123. I was wondering if this problem ever "fixed" itself, and if so, how long did it take? I am seeing the same thing with the crease when I try to smile and I'm suoer worried. I'm only 2 weeks out of a Closed Rhino, but I'm scared. Please let me know if this ever got better. Thank so much!
I am dealing with the same problem. I am 4 months post op and it is horrible but my doctor used a dart implant. My smile is ruined!!!! Funny how no doctors know how to respond
I also have a columella graft put in. I haven't asked for that! I'm feeling myself as an experiment. Why? Every time I touch it or I blow my nose or smile I feel it unnatural. Also it gaves an unnatural look. Can this graft will be removed? Why does it necessary? My original nose was fine without this!
I am five weeks post open and am having the same columella fullness. Has yours improved at all?
I think my columella looks full too and I hate it so far / Im 4 weeks too/ Maybe its just swelling?
hello, please can you post an update how do you feeling now? is your situation resolved?