Asymmetry of Nostrils After Surgery Has Me Concerned

I had rhinoplasty on Jun 11th 2009. I am having...

I had rhinoplasty on Jun 11th 2009. I am having concern with the asymmetry of my nostrils and swelling of the tip. I had wanted some work to the tip done and the slight bump on the bridge taken down. I know that they say it takes time for the swelling to go down to judge anything, but it appears there is a weird crease in my right nostril or something and the tip is still really round. When does the bulbous tip go down? Anyone else with crease in nostril?

Has time improved the appearance of your nose?
Hi! I also had surgery on 7/10. I am still horrified at how upturned my nose is. Ugh!!! Help!! I am so self-concious. The nostrils appear to be going straight up. The swelling in the collumna is still there and numb. The nurse says that once the swelling goes down, my nostrils should. Has anyone heard that? The upturned nose also has me very worried my bridge is too small (my Dr changed my profile which I specifically did not want). I am regretting this everyday and can't stay off the Internet.
Hey everyone, I had my first open Rhinoplasty surgery on 7-24-09 and after my cast was removed on 7-31-09 my nose looked so ugly and fat. But then i started taking these pills called Glutathione Reduced form 500mg. I take these pills 3 times a day and its making my nose heal quick!!! my nose is not that swollen anymore and its looking NICE!!!. Thank god for these pills. BUY IT FROM GNC ONLINE. trust me it works. i have photos if you want to see it. Glutathione helps to detoxify the body and is essential for oxidative stress protection and is found in every living cell. any questions email: eternalsword88@yahoo.com
I had the same surgery on 7/8 and I am in the same boat...My Dr. told me that this is "normal" and that it takes a lot longer for swelling on the tip and nostrils to go down. Right now I have a tip that looks the wame as before surgery and one nostril bigger than the other....I feel your pain!! He told me that it could take 12 months for all of the swelling to go away.
see my other comment i think it will help your nose heal quickly too.
Hi Sherri I had nose tip refinement and my nostrils made smaller on 29th July, its been 8 weeks and my nostrils are different shaped and my tip is so swollen. I have resorted to wearing nose clips, the ones swimmers wear to ensure water does not get in the nose when swimming and its the only thing that has helped, i tried taping the nose, all the herbal meds, massge and not 1 thing helped. I wear the nose clip at night and breath through my mouth but at least it is better than having a horrid swollen nose. Hope that helps hun, please keep in touch and let me know how your doing so we can compare notes. It helps me too :)
I had my surgery the day before yours and I am having VERY similar issues. My nostrils are very uneven right now and the tip is also very bulbous. I went to my dr. last week and he said there was still alot of swelling and asked if I have had allergies. I am nervous too that this is the way it will look given that I had surgery almost 6 weeks ago...
see my other comment about Glutathione, i think it will help your nose heal quickly too.
I too had rhinoplasty done and then had creases on either sides of my tip. I had a second surgery to fix that along with my uneven nostrils. The second surgery fixed one crease and left the nostrils completely uneven. Wait at least a year before making any decisions on getting a revision and be very careful on who does it. Good Luck to your healing. Im currently looking for a good revision rhinoplasty doctor.
Your nasal tip is very swollen. You will need to allow this to subside before any intelligent decision can be made about the resulting architecture of the nose. Rhinoplasty is an operation with a very steep learning curve and multiple variations of technique. The specifics of your operation would be required for an expert second opinion. For now, however, you need to wait.