Six Rhinoplasties and Still in Need of Revision. Is There Any Hope?

Noes was wide originally. I wanted a more refined...

Noes was wide originally. I wanted a more refined tip with a visible bridge.What I got was nose like an anteater, one long piece of cartilage.

I have had 6 rhinoplasties in a 10 year span. I am a black woman who used a white doctor. the results have been horrific. I can not tell you the emotional distress these surgeries have caused me. after each surgery the doctor would tell me that "you are really, really swollen." I have a blubish tip with no bridge and no shape or structure to my nose. My last surgery was 10/19/09 and it is just as bad as all of the rest of them and I am now really depressed and emotionally bankrupt.

I don't know if there is any help for me. after six surgery is there a possible chance of redemption?

Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have had six surgeries and each one is worse than the previous.

I had Septohinoplasty done with Dr. Jay Calvert in California. This was a third surgery for me. The two other surgeons made my breathing worse and made my nose crooked on the outside. Dr. Calvert just operated 4 weeks ago and my nose is looking much better every day. I still have swelling but I can tell my nose is shorter and more symmetrical. My septum is fixed now thanks to Calvert! I can breathe for the first time in my life. He also did liposuction in a few pockets of fat I had - not much because I am a size 2. I had no bruising from the lipo just some swelling and I wear my compression garment still to help with that. Look into Dr. Calvert. He was great and even came to the house I was staying at to check on me after the surgery. Look into taking either Arnica Forte or Repair Gold as supplements after surgery this will help with your swelling, bruising and general incision healing. Also, hyperbaric oxygen treatments are awesome for healing. I went to Advanced Hyperbarics in Newport Beach. If you are not in the area research where a location is online or ask your surgeon. I did three treatments before surgery to prepare my body and 10 after surgery and bruises on my face were gone by day 7 and by day 10 people thought I looked like I did not have surgery. I healed 50% faster. If you cannot afford a lot of treatments if you do 4 in the 10 days after you will see enough of an improvement.
I recently had Septorhinoplasty done & my results are amazing! The dr I went to is Dr. Michael Elam in Newport Beach CA. I originally went to him for breast augmentation a couple years back as well, which he did a great job with = ) he is an amazing dr, perfectionist & VERY honest. I am commenting on your post bc he was originally referred to me by a close friend who went to him for REVISION surgery- her previous doctor had done a horrible job on her nose.... he fixed her up great! I see you live in Pasadena, his office is pretty close to you, would be worth a shot to at least go to a consultation! I have many friends & family that have gone to him for various procedures- He is AMAZING! Hope this helps, good luck to you = )
Hello, I think it would be fair for the real self community if you posted a before picture of your nose, from operation #5. It is also hard to make judgements of a surgeon's ability with just a front view. I posted all angles of my face for the community to make an informed decision, can you do that? I also don't seem to understand why you had to bring race into it?
Don't stress , you can find someone who can give you a cartilage graft as I think that is what you need . Adding cartilage will help give your nose definition . Just do lots of research and find a good surgeon . I had 5 unsuccessful rhinoplasties . Drs taking elements of my nose away , when in reality , they should have been adding ! I think you have had the same thing happen . I hope it works out for you . I have been through the exact same thing . It's a roller coaster . But just do your research now and get a good surgeon !
hi there , I do understand your pain, I saved up fro a revision for 3 years after having done in the uk, went to miami, the best moved ive ever made, if u dont feel comfortable with it u will continue going through life feeling uncomfortable, do whats right for u and gd luck.
My god How are you guys paying for revisions. I had a hard time paying for one rhinoplasty
The cost of a good revision is anywhere from 10-20k and I would recommend Dr. Rollin Daniel in Newport Beach. He is one of the best in the country at secondary and revision rhinoplasty surgeries. He also does a ton of rib cartilage work. He is not cheap but when it comes to noses you get what you pay for. He is doing my revision. I had my 2 year old break my nose after my first surgery and it did not heal properly. He was recommended by my own surgeon who does not do revisions. Two of my own plastic surgeon refer patients to him for revisions.
Find a specialist that ONLY does noses. Nothing else. If you haven't used any rib or ear cartilage yet the doctors can work wonders. I know, it happened to me and I never thought I would look normal again. Now, after a proper revision, it's going to be ok.

It's not a black or white thing sweetheart, you just got botched. The same exact thing could have happened regardless of your doc's ethnicity. Your nose looks like sh**, I would be incredibly upset and devestated too. I am so sorry for all that you have been through, I have been through the exact same thing. I have lived my life is shear misery over the past 3+ years. I can't give you any advice on whether or not to keep going. I know how hard it is though. I really do. It eats away at your soul living like that.

I had my 4th rhinoplasty done by Dr. Pincus in Beverly Hills and I think that he did a really great job. He rebuilt my nose; I had uneven nostrils and no nose tip. He gave me a natural looking nose. I don't have the Lindsey Lohan nose of my dreams, but it's a pretty good nose. No one would ever look at it and say it's big or weird. It fits my face.Dr Pincus has done tons of reconstructions and he works with all ethnicities.I'm a Hispanic female,he knows about surgery with thicker skin types
I'm a few years out from my revision rhinosplasty and I just have to say that I love my nose! It took a year or so for the swelling to go down and I think that people who have plastic surgery have trouble evaluating themselves so it took a while for me to see what I really look like. I am so happy that I had a 4th rhinoplasty (a revision) with Dr. Pincus!!! I get compliments on my looks all the time whereas before I never did and I felt like an oddball. Dr. Pincus gave me a cute nose-I love my nose tip and my nose bridge is great!! I didn't have a nose tip for about 18 years (it was bobbed in my first nose job) so I can't stress how amazing how it feels to have a nice one.
Hello. Could you send for me your photo please. I'm consider him for my revision rhinoplasty.
Please could you send for me your photo
i heard dr jay calvert is specialist for revison rhinoplasty....i mean he is really a good doctor,maybe you should go to him....
If you don't have breathing problems, leave it the way it is. It looks O.K. You might end up having problems with the function of your nose if you do another one. It's horrible when you cant breath correctly!
leave it as it is,,your nose looks ok..You dont have to be like that celebrity having the most beautiful nose-they can afford to and they do alot of atificial things..these surgeons will take yr money and will drain you mentally,,plus you have other features in yr face which are beautiful although even yr nose is ok,,so dnt consider other revisions unless you have a breathing prob)