Loose Skin Around Mouth After Juvederm in Lips - Philadelphia, PA

I recently had juvederm done in the lips. It...

I recently had juvederm done in the lips. It looked good for about 2 days until the initial swelling went down and I noticed loose skin on the sides of my lips (I'll call them lip jowls). They form a severe line and cover the end of my smile like a flap. No clue where this skin came from - I've always had thin, flat features and tight skin below my cheeks. From the side view I now look 10 years older!

Its not like the lips are even big, but she did have to build out the upper lip. I'm thinking because I had such flat lips and features, that building out the upper lip may have been too much for my thin face and pulled skin out and down. I went back for some corrections for this, and again it looked great until the initial swelling went down. Now I see nothing but the flaps and new marionette lines that form on each side when I smile because of excess skin.

Im 38 and always passed for 30. Now I look much older. I cant go to my 20 year reunion looking like this. I cant see my boyfriend. I basically have shut myself in from everyone so they cant see me. I literally have scotch taped my cheeks back so I dont have to see it when I look in the mirror!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

today.. 2 days after my initial post I have...

today.. 2 days after my initial post I have the same mouth pouches and when I smile I look like the joker.  In addition a new problem has been forming that I notice at night (when my face volume is lower) Im getting deep trenches next to my nose... like juvederm has pulled my cheeks down and away from my nose. I never had that before!  Im going to a plastic surgeon today to see if he can remove this hell from my face, but I think the saggy skin may be permanent.

I sent you a private email Happywithme
I feel your frustration... I just had juvederm injected into my lips 3 weeks ago and my husband is so upset with me because he said I look like the joker! that is crazy that it makes you look this way! I hope it goes away I am so upset. I am 36 and I think my body dismorphic disorder is getting worse when I really should not be harming my face. I had this done by a man and he used the whole syringe. I think that is why I look like the joker and making creases around my mouth. I had this done by a woman before and she was very conservative (only used half the syringe and saved the rest for me)and gentle. I did not look like the joker. men are too rough and dont understand a womens body or face. Also I think when they are injecting the corners of the mouth it flips up that area to make u look like that. I am not doing this anymore. Us women want to look younger, not older. Hope you are doing better:-(
Has anyone heard of any cremes or natural things to do to speed up dissolving process? There must be something!! People get rid of other deep skin ailments-it makes sense that there would be something-its still a foreign substance to the body -similar-but not quite-need to think about this more.

Is this common and how would you correct this?...

Is this common and how would you correct this? More filler? Titan or Thermage? I wish it were as easy as scotch tape. Is it possible to be swollen after 3 weeks or can Juvederm really pull your whole face down??

THIS IS MY PROFILE> I deleted it but came back and posted a comment recently under RS555. Pictures included. As you will see 3.5 years later this problem has not resolved. I am seeking consultation from plastic surgeons at this point. Its amazing how ONE TIME with the wrong injector can ruin your face, and take away your smile. Dont believe the hype these non invasive procedures are temporary. In the wrong hands they change your face and your life. I hide my smile now, and it used to be my BEST feature. I dont even close my lips because of the way the skin around my mouth hangs. I recently dissolved more Juvederm with some success, but too late for the skin thats been stretched. The pictures above include my BEFORE picture (not long before my appt with my injector). CLEARLY I had no issues around my mouth. The pictures next to it tell the story of how a shockingly unskilled injector can change a persons appearance overnight. The pictures I show with my question under RS555 are from 3.5 years later. They look almost the same. She changed my face forever. DONT TELL ME THIS IS NOT JUVEDERM OR IT DOES NOT LAST. Now I have to seek consultation with a plastic surgeon just to get back to baseline. PLASTIC SURGERY because this doctor had NO idea what she was doing.
Hi! I understand and have had a similar outcome. For me, the problem really stems for the dissolver and left my face completely hollow from nose to mouth (and even above my top lip). It also stretched out my face leaving my cheeks lower and misshapen. It's been horrible. I too used dermatologists. They truly do not understand how these fillers and especially dissolves can and will ruin a perfectly good face! They continue to insist that it's all temporary. It's been over a year for me and I just don't look the same as before. It is not temporary by any means; it is permanent! I have moved on and out of the severe depression I was in. I tried eating a diet rich in healthy fats, fruit, veggies. Also. Purposely gained weight in hopes that it would fill in the hollow areas. (It only made my cheeks look puffy because of the indented hollows in my laugh line area!) My self esteem has diminished affecting every aspect of my life. My next step is to meet with a plastic surgeon. However. I am nervous and very cautious in letting anyone touch my face again. Please follow up with the opinions you find from Docs and I will do the same.
Thanks for updating us, and I'm so sorry your juvederm issues haven't resolved! Nine months ago I was over filled with juvederm plus, which ruined my smile as well. The juvederm did not respond to hylurindase, and almost every doctor told me either i wasnt injected with juvederm or my face had always been that way. I remember searching on this site to see if anyone had similar complications, but it seemed people with this type of problem had filler placed under their eyes. You were the only person on here who had issues with filler around the mouth like me. I'm currently giving my face a break in hopes it will somehow resolve on its own in the next few months. What treatments are you considering? Have you tried any lasers? That was going to be my next step. It's so scary to trust another doctor with your face after one doctor messed it up.
Dr Seema Patel, MD

She has destroyed my mouth and my beautiful smile by injecting in all the wrong places around my mouth. I used to have a great smile I could be proud of, now just mouth jowels. My lips are horribly uneven and smile is like a clown. For the first few months I could barely even smile wide. At 9 months, I can now smile wider but the jowels and joker curl are no better. I've had one plastic surgeon offer to do a case study. Two others just tell me this is a "horrible" result. Yes it is. And it doesn't end.